Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the letter-writer address that. The issue is not whether or not Mitt ever lived in such a basement apartment. nd it is laudable to decide (as Mitt did) not to follow into a job his father certainly could have gotten for him.
But it is a far cry from moving out of the wealth one was born into, having an ivy league education, undeniable connections in the world, and the knowledge of trusts and money that assuredly must have been available and making a go of it, and being born into poverty.
There have certainly been those "to the manor born" who have been able to nonetheless connect to a wide variety of people. Consider the Kennedys or Princess Diana.
But, one cannot on the one hand go around complaining about being attacked (by "you people") for having wealth, supporting further tax cuts for your income/wealth class and then on the other expect that a story about tuna noodle casserole is going to fix that all up.
People don't want to live like Ann Romney. They just want to be acknowledged without judgement. They want to be able to get a job that puts food on the table--including tuna-noodle casserole. They want to be able to take their kid to a doctor when they are sick and have the audacity to want both medicine AND tuna-noodle casserole, not a choice between the two.
Again - if you want to be able to have a job with insurance that puts food on the table, perhaps you ought to brush up on how you speak. Sloppy language? Sorry for your luck, but it's luck you made.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - if you want to be able to have a job with insurance that puts food on the table, perhaps you ought to brush up on how you speak. Sloppy language? Sorry for your luck, but it's luck you made.
WW--you are judging an entire socio-economic class by the language of one blogger.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
WW--you are judging an entire socio-economic class by the language of one blogger.
Really? Where did I say that?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

I said "if you" using a general statement. That could apply to anyone, anywhere. YOU are the one who wants to make it something it's not by dividing and bringing up class warfare.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
we want you to stop being such a self-deluded, egocentric daft c_nt.
Love,
Us People
http://blog.duchessstrollins.com/2012/08/30/a...
tsk tsk skimmer.....

I guess anything is appropriate when addressing a conservative female eh........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
I said "if you" using a general statement. That could apply to anyone, anywhere. YOU are the one who wants to make it something it's not by dividing and bringing up class warfare.
THAT is what the whole thing is all about.

Mr. Romney claims that the President is being divisive and his campaign has reiterated these theme.

Ann Romeny's speech was widely publicized as an attempt to make her husband appear to be more human. And SHE is the one who introduced the topic of a basement apartment and tuna-noodle casserole.

As it happens, not everyone who understands the struggles of those who are poor is jobless themselves. And poor language is scarcely the primary underlying cause of joblessness in this country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
tsk tsk skimmer.....
I guess anything is appropriate when addressing a conservative female eh........
Can I expect you to take similar interest any time someone who actually posts here (I reproduced something from a blog) to uses similar language? Or is your outrage selecive?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is what the whole thing is all about.
Mr. Romney claims that the President is being divisive and his campaign has reiterated these theme.
Ann Romeny's speech was widely publicized as an attempt to make her husband appear to be more human. And SHE is the one who introduced the topic of a basement apartment and tuna-noodle casserole.
As it happens, not everyone who understands the struggles of those who are poor is jobless themselves. And poor language is scarcely the primary underlying cause of joblessness in this country.
Being caught twice - most recently this year - using USAID money to train workers in other countries English and IT skills so that our jobs can be moved overseas isn't helping. Can't blame that on the Republicans!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I expect you to take similar interest any time someone who actually posts here (I reproduced something from a blog) to uses similar language? Or is your outrage selecive?
Nope. Can't go there, Reader. You got busted for using a really crude piece of material despite your constant lectures at others (and I use the word 'at' intentionally), chiding them and pleading for civil discourse. And there's really nothing more to say, nothing more to spin, or nothing more to hide behind. You posted it, you owned it. I might come to your defense if you never used the word yourself, but you happily posted an article which was just - so rude. You know what they say. Point one finger and get two back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
With regard to the "c" word absolutely yes.........

You copied and pasted it here skimmer....the fact that you did not author it does not reduce your culpability....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Can't go there, Reader. You got busted for using a really crude piece of material despite your constant lectures at others (and I use the word 'at' intentionally), chiding them and pleading for civil discourse. And there's really nothing more to say, nothing more to spin, or nothing more to hide behind. You posted it, you owned it. I might come to your defense if you never used the word yourself, but you happily posted an article which was just - so rude. You know what they say. Point one finger and get two back.
Well, WW, you win.

You got me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

hey now wrote:
<quoted text>
obama: " Let me get reelected first... then I’ll have a better chance of making something happen....On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space...“This is my last election,” Obama interjects.“After my election, I have more flexibility.”
Medvedev:“I understand...I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
I don't expect a fellow, hate-America scumbag like yourself to see the betrayal contained therein...
so go pfhuqq yourself you commie sack of excrement
I don't see a qualitative difference between Obama's lack of specificity on plans and those of Mr. Romney.

And I would not refer to either one of them as a used contraceptive device.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Being caught twice - most recently this year - using USAID money to train workers in other countries English and IT skills so that our jobs can be moved overseas isn't helping. Can't blame that on the Republicans!
I understand the concern, but can you trace the decision-making direcly back to Obama?

And I have to question whether, if this makes him a candidate for being referred to as a used contraceptive device, would the same not be true also of Mr. Romney for his somewhat more direct role in outsourcing at Bain Capital?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
With regard to the "c" word absolutely yes.........
You copied and pasted it here skimmer....the fact that you did not author it does not reduce your culpability....
But you have no problem with the euphemism for a used contraceptive device?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is WW, I probably ignore a whole lot more than I lecture about.

But, where do you stand on such language?

Do you find it offensive, or just offensive that I didn't bring it up in this instance?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have no problem with the euphemism for a used contraceptive device?
LMAO.....

I would have had a heart attack if you had just said,,,

you know BB....I should not have posted that article in its entirety.

I could have redacted it instead of just using an underscore to clearly leave the "c" word in it which was in fact unnecessary...

I am not surprised however , that in typical skimmer style you try to deflect blame with the kindergarten level excuse....he did it to......

By the way how the heck did you draw "used contraceptive device" out of what the other poster said?
What kind of stuff are you into? gesh.....

Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the concern, but can you trace the decision-making direcly back to Obama?
And I have to question whether, if this makes him a candidate for being referred to as a used contraceptive device, would the same not be true also of Mr. Romney for his somewhat more direct role in outsourcing at Bain Capital?
It was the Obama Administration who halted the program after getting caught (including bad press) in 2010. Does it make sense to you that the program would resume without their knowledge?

As to your second paragraph, it makes no sense and smacks of desperation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

^^^^too^^^^^^

Gotta go now getting ready for Saturday Night in Vegas.......

Have fun all.....
Grab A Clue

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is WW, I probably ignore a whole lot more than I lecture about.
But, where do you stand on such language?
Do you find it offensive, or just offensive that I didn't bring it up in this instance?
Hello, is anybody home? Do I USE that sort of language?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.....
I would have had a heart attack if you had just said,,,
you know BB....I should not have posted that article in its entirety.
I could have redacted it instead of just using an underscore to clearly leave the "c" word in it which was in fact unnecessary...
I am not surprised however , that in typical skimmer style you try to deflect blame with the kindergarten level excuse....he did it to......
By the way how the heck did you draw "used contraceptive device" out of what the other poster said?
What kind of stuff are you into? gesh.....
I have to admit, I thought she would apologize. What was I thinking??? I tried to find her complaining about being called the same, but the posts have been removed from the thread I was referencing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of364
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Will Obama Resign From Office? 45 min Teabaggers Unite 568
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 3 hr NoWayFastEddie 44
The right's insanity continues... 4 hr d pantaloni 27
Michelle Obama a/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 4 hr Reality speaks 6
Would you allow Obama's mother to use contracep... 4 hr Reality speaks 7
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 4 hr Reality speaks 42
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr Reality speaks 28,424
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••