Letter to Ann Romney

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#304 Apr 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I see both you and the author glossed over the "race-neutral" history of the word.
Your only point was to prove your double standard...again.
Did you read the entire article?

Maybe you want to explain the double standard.

Location hidden

#305 Apr 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's called truth. You people blew it all on Obamacare and it will implode and/or be repealed within five years.
Well, get back with us in five years.

But remember, your predictive capabilities are pretty much lacking.

Location hidden

#306 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
The baseless accusations YOU started this mean spirited thread with and have slamming Ann Romney with.
Getting senile? You aren't worth my time.
Can you be just a bit more specific regarding the allegations?

What baseless things have I accused Ann Romney of?(feel free to include specific post numbers)

Location hidden

#307 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
The baseless accusations YOU started this mean spirited thread with and have slamming Ann Romney with.
Getting senile? You aren't worth my time.
BTW--did you mean "baseless" (as in having no proof), or "base," meaning "vile or low"?

Makes a difference, you know.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#308 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in addition to birthday cakes, you are also opposed to saving for a rainy day?
What are you, un-American?
I'm opposed to a rainy day fund for government pet projects and wasteful spending. I would prefer a rainy day fund in my bank account for my own pet projects and wasteful spending.
Yes, I am as anti-American as they come, Ms. 9/11

Location hidden

#309 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dense. Raise the minimum wage and eliminate millions of more jobs.
The libs are pushing for a raise in the minimum wage to increase tax revenue so they can spend it.
They aren't feeling all that warm and fuzzy about those kids starting out at minimum wage.
It's not up to the government to improve your life or income. It's a PERSONAL responsibility.
"The poor will always be among us."
Apparently there are folks who study such things, and despite repeated warnings before every minimum wage increase that jobs will be eliminated, it never happens.

And I always hate it when scriptures are misused. Here is a more complete citation from John 12:

12 Six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2 Here a dinner was given in Jesus’ honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3 Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.[b]” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied.“It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.”

9 Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. 10 So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, 11 for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and believing in him.

Not certain that Jesus was indicating that his followers ought not concern themselves ever with the poor. Consider this, from Matthew 19:

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked,“Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied.“There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied,“‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said.“What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered,“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples,“Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#310 Apr 23, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, what bothers me about arguments like this is that the Democrats had a supermajority when Obama was elected. They could have changed so much but, instead, they focused on health reform which now even the architect admits is a train wreck.
WW, you have been spot on in your posts this afternoon. We need a judging icon for "Spot On", and one for "Stuck in Denial."

Location hidden

#311 Apr 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm opposed to a rainy day fund for government pet projects and wasteful spending. I would prefer a rainy day fund in my bank account for my own pet projects and wasteful spending.
A rainy day fund, by definition, is not for pet projects. And governmentally speaking such definitions matter.

One reason for the tax increase was that Columbus has depleted its rainy day fund and had no additional resources to draw on during the economic downturn. As economics, and thus revenue, have improved, it makes sense to replenish the fund. At least to many folks.

Location hidden

#312 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW--did you mean "baseless" (as in having no proof), or "base," meaning "vile or low"?
Makes a difference, you know.
They both fit, so take your choice. All of the accusations made about Ann Romney are without proof and vile. As usual.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#313 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently there are folks who study such things, and despite repeated warnings before every minimum wage increase that jobs will be eliminated, it never happens.
And I always hate it when scriptures are misused. Here is a more complete citation from John 12:
12 Six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2 Here a dinner was given in Jesus’ honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3 Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.[b]” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied.“It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.”
9 Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. 10 So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, 11 for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and believing in him.
Not certain that Jesus was indicating that his followers ought not concern themselves ever with the poor. Consider this, from Matthew 19:
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked,“Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied.“There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
Jesus replied,“‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”
21 Jesus answered,“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples,“Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
Perhaps you could address the innumerable material blessings bestowed upon Job and King Solomon and explain why they were not required to give all that they had to the poor.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#314 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The increase in the minimum wage that kicked in during the recession, undoubtebly made it worse.

Location hidden

#315 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader, I have know about the eye of a needle and the rich since I was 5 years old. But I know plenty of wealthy people that I consider Christians.

Now, as long as you hold that any abortion, even at 8 months, is moral, even if done for 'economic' reasons, don't ever quote scripture to me again. You may profess to love God, but you darn well better fear Him. You are a false prophet in my eyes.

You simply cannot have it both ways.

Location hidden

#316 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
A rainy day fund, by definition, is not for pet projects. And governmentally speaking such definitions matter.
One reason for the tax increase was that Columbus has depleted its rainy day fund and had no additional resources to draw on during the economic downturn. As economics, and thus revenue, have improved, it makes sense to replenish the fund. At least to many folks.
Then make it a sales tax to be sure ALL the consumers of state programs pay. Not just the ones who work and are honest on their tax returns.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#317 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, shuffling of funds within a budget NEVER occurs.

Location hidden

#318 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be just a bit more specific regarding the allegations?
What baseless things have I accused Ann Romney of?(feel free to include specific post numbers)
No, because I am going for a nap before Hubby gets home. And, once more, you're not worth the time.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#319 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
They both fit, so take your choice. All of the accusations made about Ann Romney are without proof and vile. As usual.
Not even accusations, really. Simple gutter sniping going on.

Location hidden

#320 Apr 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm opposed to a rainy day fund for government pet projects and wasteful spending. I would prefer a rainy day fund in my bank account for my own pet projects and wasteful spending.
Pet projects? Spook got you that skunk, didn't he?

Location hidden

#321 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
All right then, exactly what accusations, without proof, have I levelled against Ann Romney?

Location hidden

#322 Apr 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could address the innumerable material blessings bestowed upon Job and King Solomon and explain why they were not required to give all that they had to the poor.
Well, you're talking Old Testament. Jesus, of course was New Testament.

And Jesus was not requiring that of anyone. I believe, however, that the lesson has to do with it not being sufficient to not break any commandments. How one lives one's life makes a difference in one's relationship with God. And wealth is frequently a barrier.

However, the larger point is that the phrase "the poor will always be among us," is frequently lifted out of context in order to justify ignoring the needs of those among us who are poor. Judas's motivations were not pure--he wasn't really advocating that nard be sold to provide for the poor. He was building the treasury--that he controlled. But, what Christ said, as he said to Mary and Martha, is that there will be time to take care of those things. The time that his followers had with him was limited. And it was time to learn.

Location hidden

#323 Apr 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader, I have know about the eye of a needle and the rich since I was 5 years old. But I know plenty of wealthy people that I consider Christians.
Now, as long as you hold that any abortion, even at 8 months, is moral, even if done for 'economic' reasons, don't ever quote scripture to me again. You may profess to love God, but you darn well better fear Him. You are a false prophet in my eyes.
You simply cannot have it both ways.
SL--the fact that I refuse to join you in judging someone who has had a late-term abortion (from a back-alley provider, no less)--preferring to try to understand what might have led them there--is a long way from a statement of belief that this was a "moral" action.

I have no problem with not quoting scripture to you--so long as you do not misrepresent it to me.

Now, I expect that when you get tire of rehashing abortion you are going to lash out at me for disagreeing with you. Just remember, you wanted to talk about it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 11 min They cannot kill ... 57
Parents Shackle and Starve 13 Children, caught 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Shutdown Schumer 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Tent cities in Orange County? 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Congress is hurtling towards a government shutd... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 6
STILL WAITING for someone to explain how the wo... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 22
trumps inaugural money 3 hr StormFront 2
Trump BALD HEAD 8 hr Male 156

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web