Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--no disrespect at all right?
Here's how it works--your kid only gets one birthday a year. If you're out if cash but still have some food stamps it makes sense to get a bakery cake instead of presents that you can't buy.
Of course that means facing the looks of people who think that this makes you just another welfare witch.
Maybe you can have s little genteel conversation on the topic with Ann next time you see her, because honey, she don't get it.
No, it does not make sense to get a bakery cake. Just as I coupon clip and look for sales, she should practice due diligence with my money as I do. Heaven forbid you have extra food stamps that could be put to "good" use...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you leftists have exploited mod dislike for him.n.
And you know this how?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not make sense to get a bakery cake. Just as I coupon clip and look for sales, she should practice due diligence with my money as I do. Heaven forbid you have extra food stamps that could be put to "good" use...
Seems like her choice to make.

What is your need to infantilize poor people?

Do you think you get a rebate if she has stamps left at the end of the month?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--no disrespect at all right?
Here's how it works--your kid only gets one birthday a year. If you're out if cash but still have some food stamps it makes sense to get a bakery cake instead of presents that you can't buy.
Of course that means facing the looks of people who think that this makes you just another welfare witch.
Maybe you can have s little genteel conversation on the topic with Ann next time you see her, because honey, she don't get it.
Damn right the disrespect was intended. I couldn't respect anyone who composed a letter like that 'welfare witch' did, or those who champion her.

China owns us. Unemployment is offically at 8% and unoffically at around 14%. The government is printing money hand over fist raising inflation at a RECORD pace, which anyone who grocery shops feels.

Welfare abuse is at an all time high, and like Benghazi, this administration can't seem to investigate it and I am tired of paying taxes every week, along with my husband, only to have some 'welfare witch' approach us and offer to get us $80. of product with her EBT if we will give her $50. in cash.

Grow up, reader. Stop punishing the wealthy and accomplished and making baseless accusations when you have no idea what you're talking about.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Dam your head is filled with concrete set within that stone and sand your convoluted ideologies. Food stamps, WIC, etc. are there to help with necessities. A birthday cake is not a necessity. Yes, moroon, I think I'm going to get a rebate check if they don't spend their allotted allowance; it's called lowering taxes and budgeting according to need appropriately.. Mayor Coleman whined and cried for a tax increase and now he has a rainy day fund...you see nothing wrong with this? I will gladly help anyone in need if they are trying to help themselves; the city does not get to keep my money and grow their savings account when I could be putting it in mine for a rainy day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thoughts are aimed directly at her and others similarly situated every you sneer at someone spending foodstamps in the grocery store or count up what they are buying or complain about your heavy load of "supporting" others.
It is a friggin heavy load being part of the 53%, working everyday and watcing your tax money walk out the door in front of you spent on items you would not even consider because of the price.

Yes, we help people in need. I believe in that and do it willingly in all kinds of ways. But forced government take over of my assets to poorly disburse to others is beginning to leave a real bad taste in my mouth. And I'm not alone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with poor people.

Has everything to do with LAZY people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn right the disrespect was intended. I couldn't respect anyone who composed a letter like that 'welfare witch' did, or those who champion her.
China owns us. Unemployment is offically at 8% and unoffically at around 14%. The government is printing money hand over fist raising inflation at a RECORD pace, which anyone who grocery shops feels.
Welfare abuse is at an all time high, and like Benghazi, this administration can't seem to investigate it and I am tired of paying taxes every week, along with my husband, only to have some 'welfare witch' approach us and offer to get us $80. of product with her EBT if we will give her $50. in cash.
Grow up, reader. Stop punishing the wealthy and accomplished and making baseless accusations when you have no idea what you're talking about.
What baseless accusation are you referring to?

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What baseless accusation are you referring to?
Having trouble keeping track of your lies, Reader?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Having trouble keeping track of your lies, Reader?
Au contraire, monsieur.

I judge the baseless allegation allegation to be but a baseless allegation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Dam your head is filled with concrete set within that stone and sand your convoluted ideologies. Food stamps, WIC, etc. are there to help with necessities. A birthday cake is not a necessity. Yes, moroon, I think I'm going to get a rebate check if they don't spend their allotted allowance; it's called lowering taxes and budgeting according to need appropriately.. Mayor Coleman whined and cried for a tax increase and now he has a rainy day fund...you see nothing wrong with this? I will gladly help anyone in need if they are trying to help themselves; the city does not get to keep my money and grow their savings account when I could be putting it in mine for a rainy day.
So, in addition to birthday cakes, you are also opposed to saving for a rainy day?

What are you, un-American?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>

Welfare abuse is at an all time high...
And by the way, while we are on the topic of baseless allegations, perhaps you would provide the data to support that one.

That would include a definition of "welfare abuse," the method by which it is being measured and how it compares with all previous years.

BTW--I recently read that the switch from paper food stamps to EBT card had lowered the percentage of food stamp fraud from somewhere around 10% to somewhere around 2-3%. That would be in Ohio. I can look into the exact numbers if your are interested.

But if you combine that with the dramatic change in the welfare caseload from folks who once received cash assistance, food and medical assistance to those who now work but receive food and medical assistance, I am just a bit skeptical about your "all time high" claim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you leftists have exploited mod dislike for him.
It could be as well that he uses slurs more than I do. I prefer to explain well founded prejudice in a legalistic fashion.
Ah--you be one of them uppity bigots, hey?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a friggin heavy load being part of the 53%, working everyday and watcing your tax money walk out the door in front of you spent on items you would not even consider because of the price.
Yes, we help people in need. I believe in that and do it willingly in all kinds of ways. But forced government take over of my assets to poorly disburse to others is beginning to leave a real bad taste in my mouth. And I'm not alone.
Well, we could increase the minimum wage.

Plenty of data supports a rise in American productivity accompanied by wage stagnation or decline.

Seems the Dispatch just ran an article yesterday about the extent to which Medicaid subsidizes the low-paid work-force of a number of Ohio companiew who received some of the highest tax breaks.

Now THAT's a heavy load.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I get called names, I don't care. I fight for the interests of my culture and people.

And as I said, I explain prejudice in a legalistic rather than emotional pattern.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
"uppity" bigot? Interesting choice of words from you.

Would you have a problem with that adjective used to describe a black person?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"uppity" bigot? Interesting choice of words from you.
Would you have a problem with that adjective used to describe a black person?
That adjective was just about created to describe a black person who might dare to stand tall and "describe prejudice using legal terms," or whatever.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in addition to birthday cakes, you are also opposed to saving for a rainy day?
What are you, un-American?
Most people don't like to find out they've been used, and I don't think that's exclusive to Americans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That adjective was just about created to describe a black person who might dare to stand tall and "describe prejudice using legal terms," or whatever.
I'd like to see that documentation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And if, as you say, that adjective carries that racist connotation, why on earth would YOU, of all people, use it?

Nevermind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of364
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 12 min Go Blue Forever 2,709
Is the Koran a Book of Hate? 13 min Rhino Lied 71
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 min xxxrayted 28,482
Will Obama Resign From Office? 22 min Go Blue Forever 577
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 2 hr Neutral Party 453
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 2 hr Amigo 55
Michelle Obama f/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 4 hr Indeedy 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search