Letter to Ann Romney

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#213 Apr 22, 2013
FKAdukechereader wrote:
I know it's a lot of reading so skip to FKA Reader's last line.
She does tend foam at the mouth.
WOLF
Yep--645 words, but you skip straight to the only one that interests you.

If you read them all, you would realize that after the first intro line, it was someone else foaming at the mouth.

In fact, there were apparently more than a few mouth-foamers after Ann's ineffective attempt at being just one of the gals.

Who can forget, "I love you women!"?

Be careful with this one though--brings up really bad memories for George. He still claims the election was stolen.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#216 Apr 22, 2013
FKAdukechereader wrote:
Conservative Women ^^^^^^ sorry if she was a liberal you would have found the post repugnant
That blog post was just downright repugnant class warfare and disgusting. I would hope anyone with common decency, whether liberal or conservative or somewhere in between would find it such. I guess hate is an acceptable attitude for specific classes of people?

Location hidden

#217 Apr 22, 2013
In fact I had the opportunity to reread today and recall what I found so compelling about the statement. In short, it is one thing to face "poverty" defined by lots of tuna noodle dinners with a secure safety net of family resources, completed and paid for degree, a job with advancement potential and very likely a number of valuable connections. The very name of Romney has certain value. It is very different to live in poverty without those things.

To be successful politically does not require roots in poverty--however a lack of empathy is not helpful. And outright scorn is poison. And Ann Romney's speech failed to overcome those things.

And I suspect those who can only talk about the c word are well aware of this and what a powerful statement is contained in the other 644 words.

Location hidden

#218 Apr 22, 2013
FKAdukechereader wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh I'm sorry FKA Reader, are you saying you didn't read this; laugh your ayse off, copy paste and push the button to post it on topix?
Are you saying you were unaware that by posting it on topix others would not read the vile name calling you enjoyed so thoroughly that you wanted to share it with everyone?
Are you claiming innocence because you were too clueless to know how a PUBLIC forum works?
I believe actually, that there is just no low you will not sink to in an attempt to marginalize and insult a conservative white Christian liberal women that you disagree with.
You excuse as usual is lame BS.
Ha Ha Ha Ha
WOLF
Wait--are you calling Ann Romney a (conservative) white Christian liberal woman?

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#219 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
In fact I had the opportunity to reread today and recall what I found so compelling about the statement. In short, it is one thing to face "poverty" defined by lots of tuna noodle dinners with a secure safety net of family resources, completed and paid for degree, a job with advancement potential and very likely a number of valuable connections. The very name of Romney has certain value. It is very different to live in poverty without those things.
To be successful politically does not require roots in poverty--however a lack of empathy is not helpful. And outright scorn is poison. And Ann Romney's speech failed to overcome those things.
And I suspect those who can only talk about the c word are well aware of this and what a powerful statement is contained in the other 644 words.
Powerful, only if one is persuaded through the use of course and vulgar language and by demeaning or tearing someone down. I found horrible language and communication skills throughout the entire piece. It's not a piece on one having or lacking empathy. It's a piece simply to let us know how angry one person was and her futile attempts at expressing her anger--in a very crass, disrespectful, ignorant, and "salty" way. Bunch of nonsense. If the author wanted us to understand poverty from her eyes, I think she could have emphasized it a bit better. Let me ask, Reader, has anyone screaming in anger, using foul language ever convinced or taught you anything?

One parting shot, we do teach others how we want to be treated. Do you think this author would appreciate Ann Romney treating HER this way? With foul, disgusting, disrespectful, and crass words and attitude?

Location hidden

#222 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this author would appreciate Ann Romney treating HER this way? With foul, disgusting, disrespectful, and crass words and attitude?
Exactly the point.

Location hidden

#223 Apr 22, 2013
FKAdukechereader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, in the future I assume you won't mind if I use that "one"
word to address or describe you on topix?
It's only one word right?
morooon
I'll stand by my record George. You had to go back how many months to come up with a single word that I chose not to remove when quoting someone else?

And we know by your usual vocabulary and removal record that your tender sensibilities were not offended. In fact you rather enjoyed bringing it up yet again, didn't you?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#224 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stand by my record George. You had to go back how many months to come up with a single word that I chose not to remove when quoting someone else?
And we know by your usual vocabulary and removal record that your tender sensibilities were not offended. In fact you rather enjoyed bringing it up yet again, didn't you?
That's not George.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#225 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the point.
So where did Ann Romney disrespect her with foul, crass, and insulting language, ie, calling her a c^n+? I'd like a source for that.

Perhaps she didn't like the message Ann had, but that doesn't equate to disrespect or hatred from Ann Romney.

Location hidden

#228 Apr 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not George.
Yeah, and I'm Karl.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#229 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not me, dummy.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#230 Apr 22, 2013
FKAdukechereader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know who I am, please keep it to yourself.
thanks
Naturally.

“One clam, one vote”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#231 Apr 22, 2013
And please do not confuse me with Preacher Jonah. I got an in with dis new Pope, Francis. All Jonah got is a bad hangover.

Location hidden

#232 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
So where did Ann Romney disrespect her with foul, crass, and insulting language, ie, calling her a c^n+? I'd like a source for that.
Perhaps she didn't like the message Ann had, but that doesn't equate to disrespect or hatred from Ann Romney.
There are plenty of ways to be disrespectful without using foul language.
Go back and review the forty-seven per cent video for instance.
Thinking that a few tuna noodle casseroles can bridge that gap is further evidence of disrespect.
Go back and read what the woman said about her experience of using food stamps to buy her son's birthday cake. No foul language there. Pretty clear statement of what it feels like to be judged for needing help. And that experience was neither acknowledged nor respected in Ann's' little tuna talk.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#233 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I'm Karl.

Location hidden

#234 Apr 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>That's not me, dummy.
Just happened to pop up when your name was called, eh?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#236 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just happened to pop up when your name was called, eh?
These show up on the "New replies"

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#238 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of ways to be disrespectful without using foul language.
Go back and review the forty-seven per cent video for instance.
Thinking that a few tuna noodle casseroles can bridge that gap is further evidence of disrespect.
Go back and read what the woman said about her experience of using food stamps to buy her son's birthday cake. No foul language there. Pretty clear statement of what it feels like to be judged for needing help. And that experience was neither acknowledged nor respected in Ann's' little tuna talk.
I don't see your point an iota. This woman clearly showed her colors: crass, class warfare-ish, and prefer f bombs and c words.

And there are much better ways for this woman to discuss how it is to live in poverty than to vent her envy and rage, denigrate someone, and then deny it. I found it ironic she said "We’re not all envious, Ann." Skirted the issue of just how envious and obsessed she was.

Life isn't easy for anyone.

Location hidden

#239 Apr 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
These show up on the "New replies"
The new replies have been going on for some time. George was using his sock until his name came up.

Guarantee, there's far more similarity between George and FKAblablabla than between Kosmic and I.

Location hidden

#240 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see your point an iota. This woman clearly showed her colors: crass, class warfare-ish, and prefer f bombs and c words.
And there are much better ways for this woman to discuss how it is to live in poverty than to vent her envy and rage, denigrate someone, and then deny it. I found it ironic she said "We’re not all envious, Ann." Skirted the issue of just how envious and obsessed she was.
Life isn't easy for anyone.
You are confusing style with substance. You disagree with her substance, but it's easier to put the blame on style.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will N.Korea Denuclear Agreement be as GOOD as ... 3 min Reality Speaks 19
Sean Hannity 6 min Reality Speaks 657
How about that Nobel Peace Prize 11 min Reality Speaks 11
Times of Special/Independent Counsel Investigat... 15 min Reality Speaks 17
Question for Spook 2 hr sidekick 7
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 5 hr GODSTRONG 435
Sharyl Attkisson, fmr WBNS 10TV and CBS Reporter 6 hr 404 not found 4

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages