Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers (No, this isn't from The Onion)

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts

Following the Boston Marathon bombing last Monday in which pressure cookers were used for the explosion, the cookware giant has decided to temporarily stop selling the items in its Massachusetts stores.

By Robert Rosen

Williams-Sonoma, the specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware with more than 250 stores in the United States (including at the Northshore Mall), has pulled pressure cookers from its Massachusetts stores' shelves following the Boston Marathon bombing.

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," one store manager at a Boston-area Williams-Sonoma told Patch. He referred Patch to corporate for further questions.

Pressure cookers are still be available on the Williams-Sonoma website.

Macy's referred Patch to its corporate offices for comment.
http://peabody.patch.com/articles/williams-so...
Beck Schmeck

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Apr 23, 2013
Yeah, from $150 to $290 online. I doubt the chechen brothers shopped W-S for theirs, even with free shipping.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#3 Apr 23, 2013
That's actually pretty silly. Walmart, KMart, Wearever and every other store will have them. Criminals will do whatever it takes if they are going to blow something up.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#4 Apr 23, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
That's actually pretty silly. Walmart, KMart, Wearever and every other store will have them. Criminals will do whatever it takes if they are going to blow something up.
Imagine if Ryder had stopped renting trucks in Oklahoma City. Or United and American stopped flying to New York after 9/11.
Beck Schmeck

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Apr 23, 2013
Did Ryder stop renting trucks in Oklahoma City after McVeigh bombed the Murrah building?

"Out of respect" = Williams-Sonoma are idiots for elevating a common kitchen utensil to a symbolic level.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#6 Apr 23, 2013
Beck Schmeck wrote:
Did Ryder stop renting trucks in Oklahoma City after McVeigh bombed the Murrah building?
"Out of respect" = Williams-Sonoma are idiots for elevating a common kitchen utensil to a symbolic level.
I believe it was just an analogy. They didn't stop renting trucks.
Beck Schmeck

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Apr 23, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was just an analogy. They didn't stop renting trucks.
I know that. I posted it as a question.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 23, 2013
Beck Schmeck wrote:
Agree with Rowdy, no heathen is going to waste money on a WS pressure cooker when extra coinage could be used on shrapnel. I'm being nit picky only because I'm in a po'd mood; a pressure cooker is not a utensil, it is a cooking vessel, a utensil is a wooden spoon, spatula, who wants to utilize a utensil to bop some posters over the head?
now now hey

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Agree with Rowdy, no heathen is going to waste money on a WS pressure cooker when extra coinage could be used on shrapnel. I'm being nit picky only because I'm in a po'd mood; a pressure cooker is not a utensil, it is a cooking vessel, a utensil is a wooden spoon, spatula, who wants to utilize a utensil to bop some posters over the head?
Forget the extra coinage being used on shrapnel. These filthy jihadis spend extra money on drinking alcohol and slobbering at tih-ti bars.
Beck Schmeck

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Apr 24, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Agree with Rowdy, no heathen is going to waste money on a WS pressure cooker when extra coinage could be used on shrapnel. I'm being nit picky only because I'm in a po'd mood; a pressure cooker is not a utensil, it is a cooking vessel, a utensil is a wooden spoon, spatula, who wants to utilize a utensil to bop some posters over the head?
So if I peed on your foot and told you it was raining you'd say I was urinating. Gotcha!
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Wonder if Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware stores stop selling nails?

How about prayer rugs or Hijab?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#12 Apr 24, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
Wonder if Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware stores stop selling nails?
How about prayer rugs or Hijab?
They can get prayer rugs in the bath department at K-mart, no idea on the hijab, maybe a futon cover from waterbeds and stuff.
the way it is

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Apr 24, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can get prayer rugs in the bath department at K-mart, no idea on the hijab, maybe a futon cover from waterbeds and stuff.
You might try at Central Ohio Bag and Burlap for a complete line of drab, scratchy, unflattering women's wear!

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#15 Apr 24, 2013
the way it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You might try at Central Ohio Bag and Burlap for a complete line of drab, scratchy, unflattering women's wear!
I was also thinking Columbus Tent and Awning.
the way it is

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 Apr 24, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also thinking Columbus Tent and Awning.
Cabela's and Gander Mountain camping sections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty Walker: Sarah Palin Version 2.0 2 hr Duke for Mayor 5
Chickens Coming Home To Roost: Rev. Wright’s Da... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 34
Scarves scattered around Goodale Park are there... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 5
carlos hyde 3 hr curious 1
LOL Former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland to run for... 4 hr Duke for Mayor 25
Every state has ISIS recruits 4 hr Duke for Mayor 110
Who is horny 4 hr Duke for Mayor 3
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 11 hr d pantz 5,758
Columbus Dating
Find my Match