Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Good evening. Tonight I had hoped to speak directly to you, the American people, as your president and commander-in-chief, about the necessity of taking military action against the Assad regime in Syria. I was going to talk all about why bombing Syria was not only a moral obligation, but also squarely in our national interests. That's what I had planned to do when we scheduled this speech last week.

But then, as many of you know, John Kerry sort of accidentally proposed yesterday that President Assad could avoid retribution if he agreed to give up his chemical weapons. To our surprise, Syria is into it, as is its close ally Russia. Suddenly we're in the midst of figuring out a diplomatic solution to this crisis. Just a few hours ago, Syria declared its intention to join the international treaty banning chemical weapons, and I asked the Senate to delay a vote on military strikes. The situation is changing almost by the minute.

So, with all that being said ... I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to say here anymore. The military strikes I was going to aggressively argue for tonight may no longer be necessary. Then again, they might be, if these diplomatic talks fall apart. We definitely need to do something about Syria, I'm just not sure what. You can see my dilemma.

What people don't know is that once you reserve ten minutes of prime-time television, they don't let you back out, for any reason. It's crazy.

You know what? Joe said something pretty spot-on about Syria the other day. What was it ... oh, right. "Barack, if the American people don't" ... no, wait ... how did it go? Ah, crap. I can't remember. Well, it was good.

Did anyone watch Monday Night Football last night? Those were some okay games. I'm really excited about this season.

Okay, well, that about wraps 'er up. Let me get back to you about Syria, because again, we're really right in the middle of this thing. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/...
Walt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Diamond Eugene wrote:
Good evening. Tonight I had hoped to speak directly to you, the American people, as your president and commander-in-chief, about the necessity of taking military action against the Assad regime in Syria. I was going to talk all about why bombing Syria was not only a moral obligation, but also squarely in our national interests. That's what I had planned to do when we scheduled this speech last week.
But then, as many of you know, John Kerry sort of accidentally proposed yesterday that President Assad could avoid retribution if he agreed to give up his chemical weapons. To our surprise, Syria is into it, as is its close ally Russia. Suddenly we're in the midst of figuring out a diplomatic solution to this crisis. Just a few hours ago, Syria declared its intention to join the international treaty banning chemical weapons, and I asked the Senate to delay a vote on military strikes. The situation is changing almost by the minute.
So, with all that being said ... I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to say here anymore. The military strikes I was going to aggressively argue for tonight may no longer be necessary. Then again, they might be, if these diplomatic talks fall apart. We definitely need to do something about Syria, I'm just not sure what. You can see my dilemma.
What people don't know is that once you reserve ten minutes of prime-time television, they don't let you back out, for any reason. It's crazy.
You know what? Joe said something pretty spot-on about Syria the other day. What was it ... oh, right. "Barack, if the American people don't" ... no, wait ... how did it go? Ah, crap. I can't remember. Well, it was good.
Did anyone watch Monday Night Football last night? Those were some okay games. I'm really excited about this season.
Okay, well, that about wraps 'er up. Let me get back to you about Syria, because again, we're really right in the middle of this thing. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/...
george. Just so you know. EVERYONE has a TV now dumbazz!!!
They cannot kill a Spook

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Walt wrote:
<quoted text>george. Just so you know. EVERYONE has a TV now dumbazz!!!
My cats turn the tv off if they see or hear s talking turd, Obama, they are so much smarter than dogs.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
My cats turn the tv off if they see or hear s talking turd, Obama, they are so much smarter than dogs.
Well, that's a lot less expensive than the damage done by my 12 gauge.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Oblamer's speech tonight, alright boys, down with the underwear!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Wasn't interested, was watching the Colorado Recall Election results!

Now, can we recall Sherrod Brown?

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Never has a President given a speech in which he wished to convince Americans to take an action he no longer is going to take. He has become to war what the Clapper is to turning on the lights. War is on and now war is off. But we will never call it war.
The President told Americans they need to do this for the children. It is ironic, considering he has, for a long time, been in favor of infanticide. But do it for the children we must. Except when we mustn’t. Because we are not the world’s policeman, he would have us know.
Innocent Bystander

Lockbourne, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Walt, did you READ what George posted? It wasn't really the ACTUAL speech, but humorously summed up what Barry said.

And, is it just because this is the first time I've seen Barry on a high def TV, or did he have a bunch of makeup on, including eye shadow??? I thought he looked stranger than usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Man shot during chase with deputy | The Columbu... (Aug '10) 18 min ohsssffizzfirPAIN 37
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Old Guy 30,160
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Bowens 2,268
Where Do MIA Threads Go? 2 hr sidekick 11
ISIS beheads James Foley 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 16
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 3 hr Neutral Party 173
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 3 hr They cannot kill ... 60
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 5 hr Anon 912
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••