Amish demand to judge their own | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? - I Corinthians 6:1 It's just not done.
Comments
61 - 65 of 65 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
knowledgeable reader

Cleveland, OH

#67 Mar 15, 2011
understanding both sides. Legal vs. Lawful One is man made the color of law the other is God's law. Depending on the jurisdiction. Everyone has to understand everything has an opposite. You got to understand both sides before you make an oppinion. Depending on the mentality of your jurisdiction will tell whether your a U.S. citizen or a Citizen National. Pay attention to the Bible, words, meanings, and spellings.
tea partiers go home

Columbus, OH

#69 Mar 21, 2011
knowledgeable reader wrote:
understanding both sides. Legal vs. Lawful One is man made the color of law the other is God's law. Depending on the jurisdiction. Everyone has to understand everything has an opposite. You got to understand both sides before you make an oppinion. Depending on the mentality of your jurisdiction will tell whether your a U.S. citizen or a Citizen National. Pay attention to the Bible, words, meanings, and spellings.
That had to be the most incoherent thing i've read in a long time. Please use punctuation and complete sentences so I know when one thought ends and the next one begins.

Going off of what I think you said, God (whose existence is dubious at best) can have his jurisdiction in heaven. Down here on his footstool (also known as Earth) the Amish are going to have to go ahead and obey our laws. They don't seem to mind sharing the benefits of the society the rest of us have kept up, so they can share the burdens as well. That means following the law, as interpreted and enforced by our courts.

If am to pay attention to the Bible's words, meanings, and spellings, should I mind it in the meaning of the second hand/ancient Greek and Hebrew texts? Or should I mind it in the third hand Latin or vernacular texts (as muddled with copying errors and false political/cultural markers as they are)? At least our lowly law down here on Earth represents a good faith attempt at clarity and consistency, I wish I could say the same for divine writ.
Witness

Columbus, OH

#70 Mar 21, 2011
The Amish are sick bastards! Stop the puppy mills!
Uncle Sam

La Fayette, KY

#71 Jun 9, 2013
Burning bush aint Amish wrote:
What a scam the Amish have going & hiding behind
religion to do it. They're no different than all
the other fake religious sects. Each one thinks
they have the right answers about God. What a con
game.
u head the buggy right on the axle my friend. The amish use tge cover of religion to get away with major stuf. Hell we allow them to break child labor laws nd endanger tax paying motorist with those ugly dangerous freaking buggies.they know what they are doing. They also are very very adament to handle "amish problems" because if the courts were to handle it then wed all see how fake their church is. Its a cult pure and simple. They use the bible fo twist stuff up and brain wash esch other. This is America and a modern world. If the amish dont want the worldly things we have they should pack up and move completely out of the country. Buy a remote island where they can be uneducated and have all the damn incest they want. They should have they money. Hell, when tax paying americans go to a bank for legitimate loan we can have been on same job 10 years and making double min wage with 100 references and 12 co signers and get loan denied. Where as Levi Whoever goes to bank in his straw hat and grows tomatoes and sends his 6 sons to work for him and he secures $ 100, 000 loan. Theres something wrong with this system. We allow it.
no one

Hilliard, OH

#72 Jun 10, 2013
I love the Amish. They're delicious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 30 min Neutral Party 3,218
We can't afford a war in Syria 37 min Neutral Party 6
4 Arrested After Allegedly Stabbing, Assaulting... (Oct '12) 3 hr LONGTIMEFRIENDOFT... 21
Will The White House Get a Missle? 3 hr SteeleO 2
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Old Guy 30,507
Where are all the original legacy posters? 5 hr d pantz 110
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... 5 hr American 11
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 9 hr Tofte 2,291
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search