Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#162 Oct 5, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is you who is mistaken. Did you not read "we most certainly considered it part of the lake then and it is now"? There can be no argument about that!
Funny thing though, I lived by bays on both coasts for most of my life before coming to Columbus, and no one I knew there considered that we lived by the ocean. That was for people who actually lived by the ocean.
Then you sure didn't live in Massachusetts, where Massachusetts Bay and Cape Cod Bay are most certainly referred to as "the ocean" by those who live there.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#163 Oct 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Ted Cruze? Is he a friend of Ted Cruse? I hope either one of them starts a recall election for Obama to. How would they go about doing that, Walter?
in the house of representatives

I just wonder how that turns out....maybe 2nd in a row impeached Democrat POTUS.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#164 Oct 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
in the house of representatives
I just wonder how that turns out....maybe 2nd in a row impeached Democrat POTUS.
That would be an impeachment proceeding. Are either Ted Cruse or Ted Cruze members of the House? But you said they were going to start a recall election, not an impeachment. Tell us about the recall process.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#165 Oct 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
O brilliant one......when water is shared it is considered in a watershed. Sandusky bay is lake erie watershed, and so is the Sandusky river. I could list many many more, but it would just confuse you.
The difference between the bay and the lake is wording, wave height, and in the case of Sandusky Bay, water depth.
What do you call it when 1/2 the boat or a house, or an amusement park is in the lake, and 1/2 in the bay?
With all the years of navigation experience you possess, I surly will respect your professional vision to answer my posed question.
Please enlighten me King Triton Che.
You are permitting the word "watershed" to confuse you Bubba. Take heart though, there may still be hope.

Try this one:

As I type this, I am thinking of going fishing today on the Cuyahoga River, about three and a half miles north of Kent. Its about a mile and a half walk from my house, through the woods to a beautifully serene spot on the river, where I often see river otters playing blissfully.

The Cuyahoga River is part of the Lake Erie watershed, with headwaters beginning in Hambden Township in Geauga County, flowing southwest into North Akron before turning Northwards and draining into Lake Erie in Cleveland.

You wanna come with today, walk through the woods, and go fishing with me on "Lake Erie"?

woof

Hilliard, OH

#166 Oct 5, 2013
Johnson and douche: Please try telling the residents of the People's Republic that Massachusetts Bay and Cape Cod Bay are not "the ocean."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Hilliard, OH

#167 Oct 5, 2013
I'm sure you people think the Bay of Biscay isn't "the ocean," either:

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/bis...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#168 Oct 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
while you used to live there, I still do. Every other weekend.
and I clarified watershed earlier.
all you did is put your useless 2 cents in.
PS: I enter lake erie out of bay point marina lots. I certainly don't need someone who did it once tell me how to do it after 1000's of times. Ever heard of Lakeside? Family has 4 homes in there. I prefer Bay Point marina. Hard to fish from a house, so the boat is a better fit for me. I also prefer to view a plethora of bikini's at all times.
since you drove through and vacationed once you are an expert.
what a hoot.
PS: 5 days next week fishing in the mouth of the bay, and north of Kelly's island.
Put in Bay is great on indian sumer days.
Bubba. I spent nearly half of my life, LIVING there. Swam in the Marblehead Quarry almost every day in summers as a teen. Spent countless days fishing on the Lake, the Bay, and the Portage River. Married a girl from Marblehead, her house was two blocks from the Lakeside gate.

You're pretending to speak about something you don't seem to understand.

Take it from a local...one who knows lots more about that area than you could ever hope to.

The Bay is not the Lake.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#169 Oct 5, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
Johnson and douche: Please try telling the residents of the People's Republic that Massachusetts Bay and Cape Cod Bay are not "the ocean."
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I said absolutely nothing about Massachusetts. My discussion with Bubba and gocreef was about the Sandusky Bay.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#170 Oct 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubba. I spent nearly half of my life, LIVING there. Swam in the Marblehead Quarry almost every day in summers as a teen. Spent countless days fishing on the Lake, the Bay, and the Portage River. Married a girl from Marblehead, her house was two blocks from the Lakeside gate.
You're pretending to speak about something you don't seem to understand.
Take it from a local...one who knows lots more about that area than you could ever hope to.
The Bay is not the Lake.
woof
So you have more than 52 years of experience?

and I speak in present tense, not past tense like you.

Our homes are inside lakeside gate, but you know more having visited outside the gate a couple times.

can you hear me laughing at you?

you seem to be speaking about something you don't understand. I actually still after 52 years have homes and boats on lake erie, or is it the bay?

I don't care what a loon like you or a Realtor says. A Realtor is a Mom whose kids are in school showing a house. What a skill set. They may even have someone buy one someday.

A Realtor cheers at the Million dollar club. They sold 2 houses in a year. Big whoooop.

Manufacturers I represent require million dollar minimum orders all the time for special pricing. Selling items that cost 50 cents. I have a customer who buys almost 10 million annually, and that is just 1 customer of many.

Certainly the advice of a woman who sold 3 houses in 2 years is not to be taken seriously. Do you ask the girl at the lemonade stand her position on certain stock picks?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#171 Oct 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have more than 52 years of experience?
and I speak in present tense, not past tense like you.
Our homes are inside lakeside gate, but you know more having visited outside the gate a couple times.
can you hear me laughing at you?
you seem to be speaking about something you don't understand. I actually still after 52 years have homes and boats on lake erie, or is it the bay?
I don't care what a loon like you or a Realtor says. A Realtor is a Mom whose kids are in school showing a house. What a skill set. They may even have someone buy one someday.
A Realtor cheers at the Million dollar club. They sold 2 houses in a year. Big whoooop.
Manufacturers I represent require million dollar minimum orders all the time for special pricing. Selling items that cost 50 cents. I have a customer who buys almost 10 million annually, and that is just 1 customer of many.
Certainly the advice of a woman who sold 3 houses in 2 years is not to be taken seriously. Do you ask the girl at the lemonade stand her position on certain stock picks?
Bubba. You are losing it again.

I am telling you that no local resident who has spent decades living among family who also have spent decades around Port Clinton, Sandusky, Lakeside, Marblehead, or Fremont would ever mistake the Lake for the Bay. They are separate, distinct, connected bodies of water.

If you were to steer your big hubba bubba boat into one of the bridge pilings under Route 2, and you called the Coast Guard for help as your boat was sinking, when they asked you where you were, and you tell them "I am in Lake Erie, under the Route two bridge, do you know what they would say to you? They would say: "you mean in the bay?". And then of course you would answer: "Yes. In the Bay, under the Route 2 bridge...Hurry. I am sinking here into the Bay."

Think about this Bubba: There are good reasons why Lakeside is called "lakeside", and Bay Point is called "Bay Point". They aren't "Bayside" or "LakePoint".

What a hoot.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#172 Oct 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
No dumbass. According to Merriam-Webster:

an inlet of the sea or other body of water usually smaller than a gulf...

Note there is a phrase "inlet of the sea or other body of water..."

Read here:

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/maumeebay
https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/LakeErieBird...

Any geologist, wetlands, naturalist, scientist will tell you that bays are parts of the main body of water. These links, direct from the ODNR, explain that in context of Maumee Bay and Sandusky Bay.

All harbors and bays extending from a body of water are considered part of the main body of water.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#173 Oct 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I said absolutely nothing about Massachusetts. My discussion with Bubba and gocreef was about the Sandusky Bay.
woof
Wow. You really don't understand geography, do you? I doubt you've ever been on the North Shore. Same idea would hold true, that a bay is considered a part of the main body of water, for either an ocean or a lake. You can't admit that you're wrong, crow pie doesn't taste too good, does it, Dukie? Time to get those paddles out for a game with Che, eh?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#174 Oct 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubba. You are losing it again.
I am telling you that no local resident who has spent decades living among family who also have spent decades around Port Clinton, Sandusky, Lakeside, Marblehead, or Fremont would ever mistake the Lake for the Bay. They are separate, distinct, connected bodies of water.
If you were to steer your big hubba bubba boat into one of the bridge pilings under Route 2, and you called the Coast Guard for help as your boat was sinking, when they asked you where you were, and you tell them "I am in Lake Erie, under the Route two bridge, do you know what they would say to you? They would say: "you mean in the bay?". And then of course you would answer: "Yes. In the Bay, under the Route 2 bridge...Hurry. I am sinking here into the Bay."
Think about this Bubba: There are good reasons why Lakeside is called "lakeside", and Bay Point is called "Bay Point". They aren't "Bayside" or "LakePoint".
What a hoot.
woof
Hey genius

I have GPS and radar, so calls to the coast guard are succinct and precise.

Sandusky bay has a trench that is narrow and specifically marked to downtown. The bay is 4 feet deep, and my boat drafts forty inches. A dinky wave and I hit bottom. I don't go in the bay very often, unless you consider the marina the bay, or is it the lake. Does the name change with shadow length?

You are failing at spinning me as not knowing what I am speaking about. I spent more time on the water this year, that you most likely have collectively throughout life. I slept over 90 times this year on boat as reference. Around 720 hours on the water sleeping, and 1440 hours awake.

That was just 1 year.

I know the all knowing you had visions of fantasy to equal my reality.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#175 Oct 5, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
No dumbass. According to Merriam-Webster:
an inlet of the sea or other body of water usually smaller than a gulf...
Note there is a phrase "inlet of the sea or other body of water..."
Read here:
http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/maumeebay
https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/LakeErieBird...
Any geologist, wetlands, naturalist, scientist will tell you that bays are parts of the main body of water. These links, direct from the ODNR, explain that in context of Maumee Bay and Sandusky Bay.
All harbors and bays extending from a body of water are considered part of the main body of water.
Yes dearie, it is an inlet, connected to the Lake. It is not the Lake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay

"Bays also exist in in-land environments as an inlet to any larger body of water, such as a lake or pond, or the estuary of a river, such as those found in and around the Great Lakes of North America, or in the estuary of the Parramatta River in Australia. "

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#176 Oct 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genius
I have GPS and radar, so calls to the coast guard are succinct and precise.
Sandusky bay has a trench that is narrow and specifically marked to downtown. The bay is 4 feet deep, and my boat drafts forty inches. A dinky wave and I hit bottom. I don't go in the bay very often, unless you consider the marina the bay, or is it the lake. Does the name change with shadow length?
You are failing at spinning me as not knowing what I am speaking about. I spent more time on the water this year, that you most likely have collectively throughout life. I slept over 90 times this year on boat as reference. Around 720 hours on the water sleeping, and 1440 hours awake.
That was just 1 year.
I know the all knowing you had visions of fantasy to equal my reality.
Well that is all fine and dandy Bubba, but the Bay is not Lake Erie. Go look at the charts.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#177 Oct 5, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You really don't understand geography, do you? I doubt you've ever been on the North Shore. Same idea would hold true, that a bay is considered a part of the main body of water, for either an ocean or a lake. You can't admit that you're wrong, crow pie doesn't taste too good, does it, Dukie? Time to get those paddles out for a game with Che, eh?
If I were wrong about this, I would admit it.

I am not.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#178 Oct 5, 2013
"According to Francis Leroy Landacre, it is a "shallow, almost land-locked harbor averaging about twelve feet in depth, some fourteen or fifteen miles in length, with a width of something like two miles." [8] It contains numerous marshes and serves as an entry point for several streams.[9] Sandusky Bay runs from Muddy Creek Bay[10] to Cedar Point,[11] which separates Sandusky Bay from Lake Erie.[12]"

http://books.google.com/books...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandusky_Bay

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/pdf/pub3...

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#179 Oct 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
"According to Francis Leroy Landacre, it is a "shallow, almost land-locked harbor averaging about twelve feet in depth, some fourteen or fifteen miles in length, with a width of something like two miles." [8] It contains numerous marshes and serves as an entry point for several streams.[9] Sandusky Bay runs from Muddy Creek Bay[10] to Cedar Point,[11] which separates Sandusky Bay from Lake Erie.[12]"
http://books.google.com/books...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandusky_Bay
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/pdf/pub3...
woof
Riiiiight, go ahead and use early 20th century references... as if science doesn't evolve...dude died in 1933, published his book on protozoa of Sandusky Bay in 1908. The 21st century doesn't even want you, Dukie.

Meow.

Hilliard, OH

#180 Oct 5, 2013
Now we know why douche is so fired up about bays:

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown

Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.

The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban. Of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business.

This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government's ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.

At least that Memorial is an actual structure, with some kind of perimeter that can be fenced off. Florida Bay is the ocean. How, pray tell, do you "close" 1,100 square miles of ocean? Why would one even need to do so?

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger,Weve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. Its disgusting.

Centuries ago, King Canute famously failed to command the ocean tide to stop. His display was actually a means to educate his subjects on the limits of royal power. Today, however, our President actually believes he has the power to control the oceans.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#181 Oct 5, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiight, go ahead and use early 20th century references... as if science doesn't evolve...dude died in 1933, published his book on protozoa of Sandusky Bay in 1908. The 21st century doesn't even want you, Dukie.
Meow.
I will throw you this bone. In a strictly legal sense, Sandusky Bay is considered to be included within the boundaries defined by statute here:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1506.10 , through the 1979 Decision of the Ohio Supreme Court in Thomas v. Sanders.

That has to do strictly with the states' rights under federal and state public trust acts, such as the Fleming Act of 1917, codified in Ohio as RC 1506.10, which give the states the right to hold navigable waters in trust for the benefit of the public.

Scientifically speaking however, there are distinct differences between the Bay and the Lake.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton Puts Blame For Family's Scandals O... 16 min BizzyBee II 2
Black Crime is out of control. 19 min Duke for Mayor 80
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 21 min Tammy 348
News Braves Player Arrested Following Game In Columbus 23 min BizzyBee II 2
Al Sharpton coming to Cleveland...... 56 min Duke for Mayor 76
Affordable Care Act 1 hr Jesus 189
Appeals Court Refuses To Lift Hold On Obama Imm... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2
NAACP calls for calm in Cleveland 11 hr BizzyBee II 59
dana turtle 22 hr Teresa 11
More from around the web