Why 'Equality' Must Die

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#102 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No Karl. Here is the translation:
People who earn profits off of a locality that they merely hold a profit driven interest in should be expected to support the local schools.
What a crazy concept, huh?
woof
"Profit is not a dirty word in Ohio"

Jim Rhodes, second greatest Governor of the past 100 years in Ohio

Evidently, profit is eeevil to you.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#103 Oct 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
ODOT--who maintains all interstates and state highways. So shut up? You've just stated a really awful response here.
Not necessarily. ODOT usually isn't plowing interstates within the corporate limits of municipalities.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#104 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No Karl. Here is the translation:
People who earn profits off of a locality that they merely hold a profit driven interest in should be expected to support the local schools.
What a crazy concept, huh?
woof
Translation: we don't need no stinkin' capitalist pigs who think about investments and their own wallets. Profits are bad!

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#105 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ate a hamburger in Hilliard the other day.
And the city of Hilliard gets ZIP from such a transaction.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#106 Oct 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Akron has no reason to tax me.
Wonder why Akron's residents can't produce enough revenue on their own...
Quit your job Karl. Take back the power.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#107 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Who plows the roads Paco? Its not ODOT
woof
It most certainly is on the interstates and state highways.

City or county has jurisdiction elsewhere. And if I have to work in another city, pay their taxes, and they do a shitty job of plowing those road in that city, why can I not vote? Obviously, they aren't concerned with providing service, are they, to their customers?

Ivy League-ISIS

#108 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your job Karl. Take back the power.
woof
A few more of us bail south, and Tim Ryan is out of a job too...

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#109 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Who plows the roads Paco? Its not ODOT
woof
You're a complete moron. I travel 270 every day:

The Ohio Department of Transportation currently has access to 1,536 snow plows to help maintain good road conditions during winter months, and has approximately 2,500 employees available each season for snow and ice removal. In addition to trucks, the department also has 400,000 tons of salt stored at 222 locations statewide. While ODOT spends an average of $24 million per year for winter operations, though most years can use anywhere from 300,000 to 550,000 tons of salt per year.[51]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Department_...

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Services/WinterTec...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#110 Oct 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: we don't need no stinkin' capitalist pigs who think about investments and their own wallets. Profits are bad!
Not at all. Profits are good. But people who are going to extract profits from a place like Ottawa County had better expect that they will be obligated to support the local school systems if they choose to extract profits from owning real property in Ottawa County.

If they want to have a voice in how much they are taxed on that property, they are free to move to Ottawa County, and register to vote, or throw their name in the hat for elective office.

My brother or my Aunt can hook them up with a place if they need one. Got some cottages right across the bay from Cedar Point. It's nice there this time of year.

woof

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#111 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. ODOT usually isn't plowing interstates within the corporate limits of municipalities.
woof
Bullsh!t. All 55 miles of 270 lie within municipalities. And ODOT plows every inch.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#112 Oct 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is on the interstates and state highways.
City or county has jurisdiction elsewhere. And if I have to work in another city, pay their taxes, and they do a shitty job of plowing those road in that city, why can I not vote? Obviously, they aren't concerned with providing service, are they, to their customers?
Well that wasn't what I asked Karl. Karl lives in Medina County and works in downtown Akron. He drive the Innerbelt in Akron every day. Akron's Highway Division maintains that road.

He knows what I am talking about.

If you don't like working or driving somewhere, stay home. Don't go there.

woof

Ivy League-ISIS

#113 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Profits are good. But people who are going to extract profits from a place like Ottawa County had better expect that they will be obligated to support the local school systems if they choose to extract profits from owning real property in Ottawa County.
If they want to have a voice in how much they are taxed on that property, they are free to move to Ottawa County, and register to vote, or throw their name in the hat for elective office.
My brother or my Aunt can hook them up with a place if they need one. Got some cottages right across the bay from Cedar Point. It's nice there this time of year.
woof
By building/buying the property, they invested INTO Ottawa County

Your mercantilist argument is weak

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#114 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you should be able to vote in the county I grew up in merely upon the basis of property ownership but not residence?
BTW.
There really isn't much vacation property in Sandusky County on the Lakefront.
A slight geographical error on your part.
woof
Why makes you think I shouldn't, if I own property there and maintain a presence there?

I grew up in Lucas County and spent quite a bit of my childhood on western Lake Erie. Know damn well what's up in that area. There is some damn fine property up along the Pickerel Wildlife area and up along Muddy Creek Bay. Know it's not Cedar Point. I hit the state parks and reserves when I can as a hiker/camper. Meow.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#115 Oct 3, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>You're a complete moron. I travel 270 every day:
The Ohio Department of Transportation currently has access to 1,536 snow plows to help maintain good road conditions during winter months, and has approximately 2,500 employees available each season for snow and ice removal. In addition to trucks, the department also has 400,000 tons of salt stored at 222 locations statewide. While ODOT spends an average of $24 million per year for winter operations, though most years can use anywhere from 300,000 to 550,000 tons of salt per year.[51]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Department_...
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Services/WinterTec...
Ok Paco...you got me. I just looked that up.

That's not what happens in Akron.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#116 Oct 3, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsh!t. All 55 miles of 270 lie within municipalities. And ODOT plows every inch.
Yes Paco. You are right.

No where is Glenn Beck?

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#117 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that wasn't what I asked Karl. Karl lives in Medina County and works in downtown Akron. He drive the Innerbelt in Akron every day. Akron's Highway Division maintains that road.
He knows what I am talking about.
If you don't like working or driving somewhere, stay home. Don't go there.
woof
My decisions aren't influenced by single simple factors. Adult life is a bit more complex than that...

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#118 Oct 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Welcome to the 21st century. Not everyone wishes to live where they work. It is possible also to make a living remotely, and off of real estate as well.

You haven't addressed that.

As much as I adore Ohio's north shore, it's impractical for me to live there. Why can't you think out of the box and realize that maybe, just maybe if I invested into those properties, that I am contributing to the economy, maintaining a presence while I do what I want to do here, and that if I am obligated to contributing to the school district--that there ought to be a balancing factor to the taxes, that it could be a good thing to allow me to vote, even absentee, on issues that affect me as a property owner there?

Are you THAT afraid that I wouldn't vote for them?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#119 Oct 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why makes you think I shouldn't, if I own property there and maintain a presence there?
I grew up in Lucas County and spent quite a bit of my childhood on western Lake Erie. Know damn well what's up in that area. There is some damn fine property up along the Pickerel Wildlife area and up along Muddy Creek Bay. Know it's not Cedar Point. I hit the state parks and reserves when I can as a hiker/camper. Meow.
A. You apparently don't know that Sandusky County does not have any land abutting Lake Erie.

B. If you wish to have a vote, you can establish residence, and do so.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#120 Oct 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
By building/buying the property, they invested INTO Ottawa County
Your mercantilist argument is weak
Yes Karl, they invested. And one of the expenses that must be paid before that investment makes a profit is property taxes, which support the schools.

Don't like the funding system? Read about DeRolph I, II, III, and IV.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#121 Oct 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the 21st century. Not everyone wishes to live where they work. It is possible also to make a living remotely, and off of real estate as well.
You haven't addressed that.
As much as I adore Ohio's north shore, it's impractical for me to live there. Why can't you think out of the box and realize that maybe, just maybe if I invested into those properties, that I am contributing to the economy, maintaining a presence while I do what I want to do here, and that if I am obligated to contributing to the school district--that there ought to be a balancing factor to the taxes, that it could be a good thing to allow me to vote, even absentee, on issues that affect me as a property owner there?
Are you THAT afraid that I wouldn't vote for them?
Most certainly people can live and work from home.

Most certainly people make money off of real estate in locations they don't reside in.

The people who actually reside in a community 365 days a year would seem to me to have a much more vested interest in their community than an absentee property owner, don't you think?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 39 min Duke for Mayor 949
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 1 hr Kentucky Fried Ch... 14
No Life, But Topix. 3 hr d pants 29
News Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 4 hr Federal Contractor 63
News Bob Evans tests investors' patience as sales co... 4 hr safesnoun 14
Joe Speakman is a meth head 5 hr Jtr 1
Should the GOP cut its loses? 7 hr MarkJ- 986

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages