DC Comics to have TRANSGENDER character in their comic books

Posted in the Columbus Forum

wow

Lancaster, SC

#1 Apr 12, 2013
DC Comics to have TRANSGENDER character in their comic books.

Source: NPR News

Again, in comic books
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

#2 Apr 15, 2013
COMMENTARY | Ever since she burst onto MMA headlines, Fallon Fox, has created quite a stir. There's something about a transgender fighter trying to compete with biologically born females that just rubs folks the wrong way.

UFC women's bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, had some strong views on Fox' eligibility to compete against women which she revealed during a recent interview with the New York Post.

"She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has," Rousey said. "It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair. It's not something that happened to her. It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that; it's going to be an arduous path. I don't know why she's surprised by that. It's going to draw a lot of emotions."

Rousey isn't the only female fighter in the UFC who feels that way towards Fox, as Miesha Tate expressed her disapproval a while back. Unlike fellow UFC fighter Matt Mitrione, who made some similar points with a lot of unnecessary insults which earned him an indefinite suspension, Ronda doesn't have to worry about the promotion's brass coming down hard on her as she stayed respectful while raising some valid concerns.

Should Fallon Fox be allowed to compete in MMA?

Absolutely! However, whether she should be allowed to compete against biologically born women in a brutal sport like mixed martial arts, given the fact she was indeed born a male, is a completely different story. Some medical experts claim Fallon's anatomy isn't that much different from that of biologically born females due to the hormone therapy she has had to undergo, but there are others who disagree. The reality is, gender reassignment surgery is still a relatively new procedure, and there hasn't been enough research done on its effects.
Is political correctness ruining the discussion?

Absolutely! While the MMA media deserves a lot of credit for consistently standing up against discrimination, it's possible to go too far. Many who express their views against Fox competing against women are quickly classified as "misinformed," when the reality is: Putting a transgender fighter inside a cage with a woman without making sure that the playing field is truly even is just as ignorant.
Wow

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Nothing but racists and homophobes on the Columbus forum.
Good Grief

Charlotte, NC

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Chicks with D!cks in comic books.

And the perve rt Libs defending it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 16 min White cop 4,837
COPS lives MATTER 20 min They cannot kill ... 44
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 21 min No theyre Not 13
I found Mr Tea 56 min White cop 8
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) 2 hr Joyce 393
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 2 hr Joyce 759
Hand outs 3 hr observer 8
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 3 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match