Doctor convicted in oxycodone case | ...

Doctor convicted in oxycodone case | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 54 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 11, 2011, titled Doctor convicted in oxycodone case | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Paul H. Volkman faces at least 20 years in prison and might have to forfeit proceeds of his crimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Veteran 2

Columbus, OH

#43 May 29, 2011
1981tcb wrote:
way to go you crack head. thats why i cant get anyone to prescribe me anything for the pain i suffer that keeps me awake most nights and torments me all day long. ive had surgery they wanted me to get and played by all there rules but you didnt play by the rules and i hope you rott in prison for all the lives you have destroyed.
It will be only when the families of dead chronic pain patients push back that this will change.
KGA

Columbus, OH

#44 Jun 2, 2011
fancy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think any addict is going to tell the dr they are an addict or they are going to go home and abuse their meds? So, no - I do not see it as the same thing.
We did, because we wanted help, and instead of helping the doctor called the police; my husband was arrested (for seeing more than doctor)but he had to tell him that so he could understand the severity of the situation and that he needed help. A lot of good that did us...but in the end it actually did, went through drug court, completed it, and now he and I both are clean 5 years. Oxy's are nothing more than legalized heroin incase you didn't know. People are very uneducated, even doctors, about opiate addiction. Drs are prescribing it too much. It was originally manufactured for cancer patients and terminally ill patients. Not people with injuries or psuedo injuries lol!
well now

Byesville, OH

#45 Jun 3, 2011
Not all wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with this & it very rude to say everyone from southern Ohio is like that. I am a mother of 2 that does not drink, smoke, don't do any drugs, don't go to bars & My husband is the same way & works his butt off in an actual tax paying job over 40 hours a week. And We will not associate with anyone that does do drugs, We are an honest family. But I will agree to the fact that there is a major drug problem in this town & Yes I would say there are more non-working Druggies than Honest working drug free one's, Just Not all of us are like that. This town is being called the drug capital of the USA, But what I can't figure out is why are we being called that, when Most of the Drugs are being brought in from Detroit & Florida! You hear about people getting pulled over while transfering the drugs from there to here. Shouldn't they be be discuseed since that where most of it is coming from?
my question is where would the "honest working druggies" fall into this category, as you call them. I work in a pain clinic I would say 95% of our patients are employed. That need their medication to lead a functional pain free life.
Momma Mia

Dayton, OH

#46 Jun 3, 2011
JohnnyLaw we the people of Southern Ohio have been fighting corruption(Hatcher&Johnson )alot longer than the drug epidemic! We have civic pride but as you can see it is harder than heck to fight the corruption. Between Hatcher and Johnson and all their shananigans(Martings Bldg.,Trojan Coliseum etc) they have literally ruined our town and cost us millions. Also, you mentioned that it was the schools fault for not teaching initiative, I say it starts at home!
Spooktackular

United States

#47 Jun 3, 2011
well now wrote:
<quoted text>my question is where would the "honest working druggies" fall into this category, as you call them. I work in a pain clinic I would say 95% of our patients are employed. That need their medication to lead a functional pain free life.
Hey now, those do gooder crybabies like Mikey no balls De whiner say tough it out life is not supposed to be pain free.

And since you work in a pain clinic what would be something that would work for temp use until I can get in for a root canal. Dentist wrote a prescription for vicoden ( and anti biotics) but they do nothing for the pain . Tooth is currently crowned but the crown seal failed and is now infected.
Momma Mia

Dayton, OH

#48 Jun 4, 2011
Go to CVS and ask for Clove Oil. I heard that it really works.My friend was in the same boat you are and she went to CVS and got the oil and saturated the tooth and it relieved the pain.
A MOTHER

Marion, OH

#49 Jun 5, 2011
I think Dr.'s that have to take an oath to help people live should get in more trouble knowing very well that the drugs they are prescribing to everyone isn't for aches and pains. They're for cancer patients, people with internal diseases that can't be fixed. How dare they use their licenses to just plainly get rich. These so called Dr.'s was supposed to have gone through collage. Could have fouled me. Do they not know what medication to describe to their patients? Not every ones back injuries can be treated with pain medication. If it hurts because f a muscle strain,(muscle relaxer) A nerve damage,(chiropractor. Come on people. Use the brain God gave you. Yes, these Dr.'s need to be charghed with the severeness of their crimes. Like someone said, people with a mental illness is not allowed to buy a gun for a good reason. Doesn't it just make sense not to lawfully give addicts, drugs? God bless everyone. We ALL need it.
Ganzeric

Knoxville, TN

#50 Jun 5, 2011
Yep, these "pain clinics are popping up all over America...new laws and regs have to be put in place.

http://dailybullseye.com for clean and easy links to today's new releases: movie, music, game, book & more
Just Saying

Columbus, OH

#51 Jun 6, 2011
actually wrote:
<quoted text>he told my sister she could snort them no sh t and she was supposed to testify against eugene,the pharmacist, she went to his house before to get her pills
If he told her that then he is teaching her to me more of an addict. I guess next he will tell her herion is cheaper.
Hotel California

Columbus, OH

#52 Jun 6, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now, those do gooder crybabies like Mikey no balls De whiner say tough it out life is not supposed to be pain free.
And since you work in a pain clinic what would be something that would work for temp use until I can get in for a root canal. Dentist wrote a prescription for vicoden ( and anti biotics) but they do nothing for the pain . Tooth is currently crowned but the crown seal failed and is now infected.
Thank your doctor for his exceptional skill. Doesn't sound like he should even be liscenced.
Hunter Mike

Oldsmar, FL

#53 Jun 6, 2011
people need to take responsibility for there own actions not blame someone else.. this world has became a blame game.. no one takes responsibility for there own actions anymore its crazy .. Be a man or woman and take responsibility for your actions..

“hello......”

Since: Jun 11

charleston, west virginia

#54 Jun 18, 2011
actually wrote:
<quoted text>he told my sister she could snort them no sh t and she was supposed to testify against eugene,the pharmacist, she went to his house before to get her pills
Are you kidding me?! She has gone to the pharmacist's house?!
OMG! Dont shoot the messenger but what do you think she did at his house,that she couldnt do at the drug store?!
Im just sayin.
well uh

Marion, OH

#55 Jun 18, 2011
JohnnyLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the good people down there let their town go to crap? Where was the Civic Pride? Where was the leadership? And most of all, why is finding an employed, well spoken and clean living family down there so rare? I'm telling you - there is something in the people's genes, or the water, or something ... that makes them abnormal. Civilized people don't snarf down prescription pills like candy. Civilized people visit the dentist on occassion. Civilized people don't slather their bodies with crude tattoos that say "don't hire me". Face it - there is something wrong with Southern Ohio people.
Where was the Civic Pride? Where was the leadership? The answer lies in these two questions. Our City government has sold out the people by looking out for the interests of a select few. The average taxpayer is not important to them. To invite industry is to relinquish complete control. Not going to happen anytime soon. Lot's of money to be made from gov't grants and welfare checks while the town goes down the toilet.
private dancer

United States

#56 Dec 20, 2013
well what has happened is that the flood of pain clinics thst sprung up snd then got closed scared the real doctors with a patients best interest in mind away from their regular prescribing protocol. Very few legit doctors will prescribe opiates to a new patient. I have an industrial injury and have been prescribed opiates for the last 12 years. my family doctor and I have a trusting patient-physician relationship and I am one of 11 patients that is currently prescribed opiates for chronic pain relief. notice I said pain relief, as no meds are ever going to get me to pain free.
I don't think responsible patients should be denied their medication or lumped into a group like so many do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colin Kaepernick continues to sit through US na... 11 min Duke for Mayor 20
Hillary champions women? No thanks! 29 min Pope Che Reagan C... 7
Should the GOP cut its loses? 33 min Pope Che Reagan C... 999
Vladimir Putin arrested at a Florida Publix 1 hr Posting as myself 1
Trump the Liar 2 hr Pale Rider 953
What Is Wrong With Chicago? 2 hr Nobody 7
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 3 hr UTrashy 20

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance