Looks Like Uncle Joe Has Changed His Tune

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jun 11, 2013
Joe Biden Goes Off on ‘Very, Very Intrusive’ Domestic Spying…in 2006

In 2006, then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) blasted the Bush administration’s domestic spying and called for a congressional investigation into the warrantless collection of millions of Americans’ phone records.

“I don’t have to listen to your phone calls to know what you’re doing. If I know every single phone call you made, I’m able to determine every single person you talked to. I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive,” he told CBS News.

Footage of the video was also aired on network news Tuesday.

Watch the clip via Center for Democracy & Technology:
(Video at the link)

But that was then. Vice President Biden has yet to issue a similar critique of the National Security Agency’s (NSA) gigantic surveillance efforts under the Obama administration. However, his comments from 2006 seem to apply perfectly to the predicament privacy advocates find themselves in today.

In one of the NSA’s spying programs revealed by whistelblower Edward Snowden, the government sweeps up the phone records of millions of Americans every day and stores them in a digital library. That program was authorized by the USA Patriot Act, passed shortly after 9/11.

The second, called PRISM, taps into major U.S. technology companies and monitors emails in the search for foreign terrorists. That program was authorized by 2007 and 2008 laws that allow the government to monitor, without specific warrants, emails believed to belong to foreigners.

Obama and other administration officials argue the programs do not allow officials to “listen” to Americans’ phone calls.

However, critics of the domestic surveillance programs have made the same argument Biden did in 2006:“I don’t have to listen to your phone calls to know what you’re doing.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/11/jo...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 11, 2013
All because...

"...the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy” is in control.

“I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3 Jun 11, 2013
I'd bet he'd flop back if he were shown some of HIS emails from back in the day...
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#4 Jun 11, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Joe Biden Goes Off on ‘Very, Very Intrusive’ Domestic Spying…in 2006
In 2006, then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) blasted the Bush administration’s domestic spying and called for a congressional investigation into the warrantless collection of millions of Americans’ phone records.
“I don’t have to listen to your phone calls to know what you’re doing. If I know every single phone call you made, I’m able to determine every single person you talked to. I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive,” he told CBS News.
Footage of the video was also aired on network news Tuesday.
Watch the clip via Center for Democracy & Technology:
(Video at the link)
But that was then. Vice President Biden has yet to issue a similar critique of the National Security Agency’s (NSA) gigantic surveillance efforts under the Obama administration. However, his comments from 2006 seem to apply perfectly to the predicament privacy advocates find themselves in today.
In one of the NSA’s spying programs revealed by whistelblower Edward Snowden, the government sweeps up the phone records of millions of Americans every day and stores them in a digital library. That program was authorized by the USA Patriot Act, passed shortly after 9/11.
The second, called PRISM, taps into major U.S. technology companies and monitors emails in the search for foreign terrorists. That program was authorized by 2007 and 2008 laws that allow the government to monitor, without specific warrants, emails believed to belong to foreigners.
Obama and other administration officials argue the programs do not allow officials to “listen” to Americans’ phone calls.
However, critics of the domestic surveillance programs have made the same argument Biden did in 2006:“I don’t have to listen to your phone calls to know what you’re doing.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/11/jo...
If people believe they are not "listening" to phone calls , cell, landline or VOIP then I have some pacific ocean front property to sell them in Tennessee.

Hilliard, OH

#5 Jun 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
I'd bet he'd flop back if he were shown some of HIS emails from back in the day...
You think anything embarrasses that a-hole?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/rf/image_r/Boston/...
Neutral Party

Evansville, IN

#6 Jun 11, 2013
Today on the Hannity radio show he play then candidate Obama blasting the administration for what he is currently doing.

Except now he is doing it for our safety.

What the difference between Greta Van Susteran and Oblamo?

Greta talks out of only one side of her mouth!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#7 Jun 11, 2013
Maybe we'll finally get a look at Obama's transcripts... just get him to email them to somebody.

Hilliard, OH

#8 Jun 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Maybe we'll finally get a look at Obama's transcripts... just get him to email them to somebody.
If Lindsey Graham had his way, snail mail would do:

Lindsey Graham:‘If I thought censoring the mail was necessary, I would suggest it’

Sen. Lindsey Graham would propose censoring Americans' "snail" mail if he thought it would help protect national security, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday. But for now, he says he doesn't think it's necessary.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/lindsey-gr...
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#9 Jun 11, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>If Lindsey Graham had his way, snail mail would do:
Lindsey Graham:‘If I thought censoring the mail was necessary, I would suggest it’
Sen. Lindsey Graham would propose censoring Americans' "snail" mail if he thought it would help protect national security, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday. But for now, he says he doesn't think it's necessary.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/lindsey-gr...
All the more reason to try the bastard for treason and have him hanging on the Mall after the 2 minute trial.

Our founding fathers have.to be looking from heaven across the abyss at these vermin sooner than later.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Jun 11, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason to try the bastard for treason and have him hanging on the Mall after the 2 minute trial.
...in his pink panties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 7 min Reality Speaks 45
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 11 min Male 148
American Sniper cancelled again because of Musl... 12 min Duke for Mayor 34
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 12 min Reality Speaks 80
Does Maryhaven hire tobacco smokers? 24 min Kerra 1
Ladies, would you try on underwear after Bruce ... 26 min Sigh 7
Will Bruce Jenner now be allowed to use the wom... 49 min Big Johnson 15
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE