But...But...The Lefties Said Bush Would be Arrested If He Left The US

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2013
Like His Successor, Bush Is Going to Africa
By PETER BAKER

WASHINGTON – It’s not often that Africa sees a visiting American president, much less two. But as President Obama travels across the continent next week, so will his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Mr. Bush, who made fighting AIDS in Africa a top goal of his administration, will take a trip there — his third since leaving office — as part of a program to combat cervical cancer. He will leave late next week for Zambia, where he will help refurbish a clinic, and then head to Tanzania, where his wife, Laura Bush, is organizing a forum for African first ladies.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/22...
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#2 Jun 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Like His Successor, Bush Is Going to Africa
By PETER BAKER
WASHINGTON – It’s not often that Africa sees a visiting American president, much less two. But as President Obama travels across the continent next week, so will his predecessor, George W. Bush.
Mr. Bush, who made fighting AIDS in Africa a top goal of his administration, will take a trip there — his third since leaving office — as part of a program to combat cervical cancer. He will leave late next week for Zambia, where he will help refurbish a clinic, and then head to Tanzania, where his wife, Laura Bush, is organizing a forum for African first ladies.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/22...
I am tired of medical supplies food etc being given to Africa. Nothing is free and no african is footing the bill.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
But...But...
I can just picture your lower lip hanging out and tears of frustration streaming down your fat little face as you typed that.

Hilliard, OH

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just picture your lower lip hanging out and tears of frustration streaming down your fat little face as you typed that.
You aren't too bright, wee man. You think I want him arrested?
Bush has done more for black people than Obama...and it kills you people.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5 Jun 22, 2013
I can't wait to see the photos of him helping to refurbish the clinic.

I wonder if he called Paul Ryan for technical advice.

Anybody ever find that van full of water and noodles?

woof

Hilliard, OH

#6 Jun 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
I can't wait to see the photos of him helping to refurbish the clinic.
I wonder if he called Paul Ryan for technical advice.
Anybody ever find that van full of water and noodles?
woof
I bet they look better than this:

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/upload...

Hilliard, OH

#7 Jun 22, 2013
George W. Bush’s greatest legacy
By Eugene Robinson,July 26, 2012

This is a moment for all Americans to be proud of the best thing George W. Bush did as president: launching an initiative to combat AIDS in Africa that has saved millions of lives.

All week, more than 20,000 delegates from around the world have been attending the 19th International AIDS Conference here in Washington. They look like any other group of conventioneers, laden with satchels and garlanded with name tags. But some of these men and women would be dead if not for Bush’s foresight and compassion.

Those are not words I frequently use to describe Bush or his presidency. But credit and praise must be given where they are due, and Bush’s accomplishment — the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR — deserves accolades. It is a reminder that the United States can still be both great and good.

When the Bush administration inaugurated the program in 2003, fewer than 50,000 HIV-infected people on the African continent were receiving the antire­troviral drugs that keep the virus in check and halt the progression toward full-blown AIDS. By the time Bush left office, the number had increased to nearly 2 million. Today, the United States is directly supporting antiretroviral treatment for more than 4 million men, women and children worldwide, primarily in Africa.

Bush’s initial multibillion-dollar commitment to PEPFAR was not really justifiable on grounds of national security, except perhaps in the broadest possible sense. The administration was motivated instead by altruism. It was the right thing to do.

If Africa is gaining ground against AIDS, history will note that it was Bush, more than any other individual, who turned the tide. The man who called himself the Decider will be held accountable for a host of calamitous decisions. But for opening his heart to Africa, he deserves nothing but gratitude and praise.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-26...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#8 Jun 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I bet they look better than this:
http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/upload...
whats wrong with that?

woof
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#9 Jun 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
George W. Bush’s greatest legacy
By Eugene Robinson,July 26, 2012
This is a moment for all Americans to be proud of the best thing George W. Bush did as president: launching an initiative to combat AIDS in Africa that has saved millions of lives.
All week, more than 20,000 delegates from around the world have been attending the 19th International AIDS Conference here in Washington. They look like any other group of conventioneers, laden with satchels and garlanded with name tags. But some of these men and women would be dead if not for Bush’s foresight and compassion.
Those are not words I frequently use to describe Bush or his presidency. But credit and praise must be given where they are due, and Bush’s accomplishment — the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR — deserves accolades. It is a reminder that the United States can still be both great and good.
When the Bush administration inaugurated the program in 2003, fewer than 50,000 HIV-infected people on the African continent were receiving the antire­troviral drugs that keep the virus in check and halt the progression toward full-blown AIDS. By the time Bush left office, the number had increased to nearly 2 million. Today, the United States is directly supporting antiretroviral treatment for more than 4 million men, women and children worldwide, primarily in Africa.
Bush’s initial multibillion-dollar commitment to PEPFAR was not really justifiable on grounds of national security, except perhaps in the broadest possible sense. The administration was motivated instead by altruism. It was the right thing to do.
If Africa is gaining ground against AIDS, history will note that it was Bush, more than any other individual, who turned the tide. The man who called himself the Decider will be held accountable for a host of calamitous decisions. But for opening his heart to Africa, he deserves nothing but gratitude and praise.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-26...
That continent is over populated. Why prevent aids just to have to give them food
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 22, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't too bright, wee man. You think I want him arrested?
You are too stupid to judge anyone's intelligence, idiot. Why would you think I think you want him arrested?

Hilliard, OH

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
whats wrong with that?
woof
Oh, nothing...Barry has a certain...style. Just like this:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp54/annat...

Hilliard, OH

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too stupid to judge anyone's intelligence, idiot. Why would you think I think you want him arrested?
You really are a moron if you can't figure that out.

Hilliard, OH

#13 Jun 22, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
That continent is over populated. Why prevent aids just to have to give them food
They'll buy their food after they come here to drive our cabs.
guess who

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>They'll buy their food after they come here to drive our cabs.
lol,is that what you did when you 1st came over here? George? or wtf name your using now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore 7 min Seriouslady 240
NY cop dies 41 min Pope Che Reagan C... 4
Are you a STAR WARS FAN? 3 hr Big Johnson 7
Interesting that Baltimore happened on Obama's ... 3 hr Concerned Citizen 13
Mohammie ……THE CARTOON! 4 hr Seriouslady 16
Cleveland braces for Brelo verdict 4 hr REAL American 13
Columbus police defend headscarf ban 4 hr BizzyBee 8
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE