America's 2nd Largest Employer: Temp Agency

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2013
Hail, Obama.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/recovery-woes-a...

Recovery Woes: America's Second-largest Employer is a Temp Agency

by Ashe Schow

Behind Wal-Mart, the second-largest employer in America is Kelly Services, a temporary work provider.

Friday's disappointing jobs report showed that part-time jobs are at an all-time high, with 28 MILLION Americans now working part-time. The report also showed another disturbing fact: There are now a record number of Americans with temporary jobs.

Approximately 2.7 MILLION, in fact. And the trend has been growing.

In the first quarter of 2013, U.S. staffing companies employed an average of 2.86 MILLION temporary and contract workers, or 2 percent [2%] of all non-farm employment in the United States, according to the American Staffing Association. This represents a 2.9 percent [2.9%] growth from the same period in 2012. For just the month of June, there was a 6.7 percent [6.7%] growth in the number of staffing jobs than last year.

Temp jobs made up about 10 percent [10%] of the jobs lost during the Great Recession, and because of high turnover (the average length of temp employment is 3 months before a worker moves on to a permanent job), one in 10 non-farm workers were employed by a US staffing firm at some point during the past year, according to ASA. In fact, nearly one-fifth of all jobs gained since the recession ended have been temporary.

It's a sad state of affairs for our country. While part-time and temp jobs reached highs last month, full-time jobs decreased by another 240,000. The recovery, or lack thereof, is being fueled by a shift from full-time to part-time work.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 8, 2013
In related news...how long until implosion?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/101m-get-food...

101 MILLION Get Food Aid from Federal Govít;
Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workersy

by Elizabeth Harrington

The number of Americans receiving subsidized food assistance from the federal government has risen to 101 million, representing roughly a third of the U.S. population.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that a total of 101,000,000 people currently participate in at least one of the 15 food programs offered by the agency, at a cost of $114 billion in fiscal year 2012.

That means the number of Americans receiving food assistance has surpassed the number of full-time private sector workers in the U.S.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were 97,180,000 full-time private sector workers in 2012.

The population of the U.S. is 316.2 million people, meaning nearly a third of Americans receive food aid from the government...

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Jul 8, 2013
As Barry smiles all the way to the bathhouse...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 8, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
As Barry smiles all the way to the bathhouse...
http://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bar...
yeah now and hey baby

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 8, 2013
Whaddaya expect from a black president? Look around to see if there is any other grifting groids gubbamint that isn't sinking into the sewer. Nope. Can't. They are not up to the tasks of maintaining white civilization.
And another thing, more and more folks are waking up to the facts that darkie can't hack it in the intellect department.
They cannot kill a spook

Toledo, OH

#7 Jul 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
In related news...how long until implosion?
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/101m-get-food...
101 MILLION Get Food Aid from Federal Govít;
Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workersy
by Elizabeth Harrington
The number of Americans receiving subsidized food assistance from the federal government has risen to 101 million, representing roughly a third of the U.S. population.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that a total of 101,000,000 people currently participate in at least one of the 15 food programs offered by the agency, at a cost of $114 billion in fiscal year 2012.
That means the number of Americans receiving food assistance has surpassed the number of full-time private sector workers in the U.S.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were 97,180,000 full-time private sector workers in 2012.
The population of the U.S. is 316.2 million people, meaning nearly a third of Americans receive food aid from the government...
No they receive aid in the form of money stolen from me and you along with borrowed money from the chinks
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 8, 2013
What about that budget deficit going down, down, down.

Conservatives everywhere are cheering that good news today. I know I am!

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#9 Jul 8, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
What about that budget deficit going down, down, down.
Conservatives everywhere are cheering that good news today. I know I am!
While the interest on the debt soars...
I bet you make a sweet Kelly Girl, Janet.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#10 Jul 8, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
What about that budget deficit going down, down, down.
Conservatives everywhere are cheering that good news today. I know I am!
BTW, where does all spending legislation originate, wee man?

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#11 Jul 8, 2013
George is just mad because Kelly Services won't send him out on jobs anymore. You were supposed to CLEAN the bathrooms, not do what you did in them.

Filthy.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#12 Jul 8, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
George is just mad because Kelly Services won't send him out on jobs anymore. You were supposed to CLEAN the bathrooms, not do what you did in them.
Filthy.
I imagine cheapo Mexicans clean our offices, booner. You people could learn some valuable lessons from them.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Jul 9, 2013
http://rare.us/story/obamanomics-feds-lower-e...

Obamanomics: Feds Lower Economic Growth Projections, Again

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 11, 2013
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-jobless-c...

U.S. Jobless Claims Jump to 2-Month High
Geo Zimmer

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 28, 2013
yeah now and hey baby wrote:
Whaddaya expect from a black president? Look around to see if there is any other grifting groids gubbamint that isn't sinking into the sewer. Nope. Can't. They are not up to the tasks of maintaining white civilization.
And another thing, more and more folks are waking up to the facts that darkie can't hack it in the intellect department.
The black president your refering to is 50% white.
every troll here but you

Reynoldsburg, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2013
Geo Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
The black president your refering to is 50% white.
"yeah now and hey baby" is a "one dropper".

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 28, 2013
Geo Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
The black president your refering to is 50% white.
Barack Hussein Obama self-identifies as a black man.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#19 Jul 28, 2013
every troll here but you wrote:
<quoted text>
"yeah now and hey baby" is a "one dropper".
So are booners when Affirmative Action and other "gimmedats" are at stake.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#20 Jul 28, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine cheapo Mexicans clean our offices, booner. You people could learn some valuable lessons from them.
Where's your picture, Clayton?

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#21 Jul 28, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your picture, Clayton?
Diamond Eugene's picture is shining like the smile on a Cream of Wheat box, darkie.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 28, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your picture, Clayton?
Awesome, I was about to post the same question.

I reckon I know now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been? 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
A one-horse open carriage 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Black on black and scarcely a peep. 1 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Spears from South Side 4 hr now hey 5
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 4 hr now hey 12
4 cheetah cubs from 2 moms share first playtime... 4 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 4,935
COPS lives MATTER 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 199
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:57 am PST

ESPN11:57AM
Bengals TE Eifert will not return this season
NFL12:07 PM
Browns' Gilbert on ugly rookie season: 'I messed up'
ESPN12:37 PM
Shaw gets start for Browns; Hoyer ruled out
ESPN 1:15 PM
Browns' Gilbert: 'I brought it upon myself'
NBC Sports 4:00 PM
Justin Gilbert vows to be great after work ethic is questioned