Kasich Not Fond Of Pink-Colored Driver's Licenses, Wants Changes | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS 225
Gov. John Kasich said on Tuesday that he is not fond of the pink color found on Ohio driver's licenses. Read more
sallyd

New York, NY

#104 May 18, 2011
REALLY..........of all the issues facing the folks of Ohio, he's worried about the color of the license?
Alex

Columbus, OH

#105 May 18, 2011
wldntulik2no wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it yourself, it was a 'REMARK'; he didn't write and pass a bill to change it, he only stated an opinion (which I've heard many agree with).
10TV/Dispatch runs a new story on him EVERY DAY; if he spends the day with his Grandma, you better believe they'll report it. Chances are, they'll throw in some language to the effect of,'It's possible the Governor may have given his grandmother a fruit cake that might have been bought with your tax money.' Through all the 'maybes','possiblies','mights' , etc. the public will only pick up,'The Governor bought a fruit cake with MY money'. Deflate your puffy chests and focus on the things that are ACTUALLY happening; not on shared opinions and speculations of the media venues.
AND yet you are on here bashing the things 10tv always does. It's a news station, that's how they get the news. If more people comment on it, the more apt they are to put it out there even more and find more things.
Someone of statute like Governor TOOL could sh*t sideways and they would report it.

it would be nice for the Guv'ner to actually address things that have some meaning in this state. Who cares about the color pink besides him and his little bunch of followers. Oh wait, the color pink is attacking his "manhood" or lack there of, THAT'S it!
ColumbusRN

Columbus, OH

#106 May 18, 2011
Seriously...? So he would rather make it easier to duplicate our license? News like this is better not to be made public!
Alex

Columbus, OH

#107 May 18, 2011
The new color should be "Black" He's gonna lead this state into the big black hole he is creating. Might as well match.
idiot kasich haters

Dublin, OH

#108 May 18, 2011
tired of idiots wrote:
next thing you know, most of you idiot kasich haters out there will come out with something like " john kasich hates breast cancer research because he hates pink.... "
Most of us so called "idiot kasich hater" do not resort to that sort of Fox News logic.
storm 33

Columbus, OH

#109 May 18, 2011
It is a driver s license you jackass, why dont you worry about real issues. Grow up Castro!
T-Good

Grove City, OH

#110 May 18, 2011
Wow, this is the first change he's made or suggested that I agree with. Not that I mind having a pink driver's license.
Cat

Columbus, OH

#111 May 18, 2011
Guido wrote:
<quoted text>I think Kasich should get his name removed from the governors office door.
Dag!! You beat me to it!!!!
cols_resident

Columbus, OH

#112 May 18, 2011
Wonder how many millions of dollars for consultants and advisors this is going to cost the state?

Maybe we can just print the governor his own with a special background, should only cost a few dollars and he gets to be all special.
Cat

Columbus, OH

#113 May 18, 2011
idiot kasich haters wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us so called "idiot kasich hater" do not resort to that sort of Fox News logic.
I t might be a thing against Homosexuals!!
REALLY

Tiffin, OH

#114 May 18, 2011
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! Is there ANYTHING that this stupid man doesn't object to?? Sheesh! What a freakin' baby.
Tommy

Perrysburg, OH

#115 May 18, 2011
Guess those rose-colored glasses aren't working so well for Kasich these days, are they?

“Learn to think for yourselves!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#116 May 18, 2011
I laughed when I got my new one ...I thought it was pink for girl lol
ERBin OHIO

Cross, SC

#117 May 18, 2011
WHAT!!!??? He doesn't have any more pressing problems than worrying about what color the license are....and how much is this going to cost to change again??? Think he needs to worry about creating jobs and bring new business to Ohio not giving companies tax breaks to relocate within the state.
WOW

New York, NY

#118 May 18, 2011
My opinion isn't really important, not nearly as important as some of the disturbing comments, it reminds me we aren't in the open, free, country that America is portrayed to be, There is so much bitterness and hatred it makes me very sad. The worse part is the type of people that left such cruel comments, wouldn't really care about what I have to say either. There are people losing jobs, families losing income and because you are not effected, those crying out for help are considered "crybabies." Dog eat dog I guess. I am not apart of any union- but I do know that it was setup for a reason, it gave us the balance we need for the majority of us to survive.

Location hidden

#119 May 18, 2011
for all you bashing Kasich...get a clue. The lib media is feeding you this worthless "fill" crap..seriously you guys think this story is news worthy??? REALLY???

Location hidden

#120 May 18, 2011
WOW wrote:
My opinion isn't really important, not nearly as important as some of the disturbing comments, it reminds me we aren't in the open, free, country that America is portrayed to be, There is so much bitterness and hatred it makes me very sad. The worse part is the type of people that left such cruel comments, wouldn't really care about what I have to say either. There are people losing jobs, families losing income and because you are not effected, those crying out for help are considered "crybabies." Dog eat dog I guess. I am not apart of any union- but I do know that it was setup for a reason, it gave us the balance we need for the majority of us to survive.
But that was back in the days of "slave" "child" labor. Now there are sooo many laws in place to protect ALL workers, unions have out lived the usefullness and are just money grubbing monsters...they're out for money PERIOD ..they no longer really protect workers...not like they use to anyways. Unions are no longer needed in our society any longer.To many laws to protect people now
Trooper Watch

United States

#121 May 18, 2011
Isn't everything that is good in life already pink? Just ask the trooper with the 16 year old in his Union paid police cruiser collecting his Union paid salary.

Since: Aug 09

Lorain, OH

#122 May 18, 2011
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
AND yet you are on here bashing the things 10tv always does. It's a news station, that's how they get the news. If more people comment on it, the more apt they are to put it out there even more and find more things.
Someone of statute like Governor TOOL could **** sideways and they would report it.
Exactly, it's all about the ratings for the media; I don't contest that. I don't mind reading news everyday, but I want it to be news; not what his opinion of the day is, what color of under-britches he wore today or any other asinine 'fact' they can produce or twist out of context to get a rise. I tend to stay away from reaching stories like this, but after I read the comments being left, I decided I would post in an attempt to show the commenters how blind they are when it comes to what the media spews.
And seriously, in discussing politics and other adult matters, try to be grown up and knock off the childish name calling; no matter who your target is, it makes you look like and uneducated 'tool' yourself.
lover of trains

Columbus, OH

#123 May 18, 2011
Kasic is a royal pain in the behind! He should have stayed on Fox and left our state alone!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Christ King of Kings Lord of Lord's 5 hr Kenny 37
England Outlaws Vulva Piercings 7 hr Beth 10
Chick-Fil-A Heckler CFO Unemployed, on Food Sta... 8 hr Pope Che Antichri... 9
Poll Do Black Lives Matter? 8 hr Pam 39
Poll Do you support Affirmative Action? (Oct '12) 8 hr Pam 27
News Bakken oil trains roll across Columbus 8 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Obama legacy and a nuclear Iran 8 hr REAL American 24
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web