HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resig...
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#98 Apr 18, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing more telling than a post that accuses someone of name calling being introduced by name calling.
You continually fail to understand. If I was on a forum harping and crying about a policy or a decision of someone else, I would be expected to explain the alternative to that policy or decision. I am not the one doing that, you are. Since you choose to offer your opinion on a public forum, you shouldn't whine when asked to support it with something more than "because I said so." Your fear of defending your statements says all that needs to be said about their validity.
Something tells me you are an educated fast food worker that thinks they're in that position due to everyone else's fault.

I state many things but what I will not do is play your game of gotcha by saying what I would do differently. I believe many other Democrats or Republicans were better qualified and more seasoned for the job and it shows each and every day this man is in office. For those like you that think the man hangs the moon, you won't agree but the polls say I am in the majority on this one.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#100 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
If I was on a forum harping and crying about a policy or a decision of someone else, I would be expected to explain the alternative to that policy or decision. I am not the one doing that, you are. Since you choose to offer your opinion on a public forum, you shouldn't whine when asked to support it with something more than "because I said so." Your fear of defending your statements says all that needs to be said about their validity.
What a bunch of BS.

Opinions don't have to be 'supported', nor do they have to offer alternatives. Look up the dictionary definition, "lawyer". Amazing that for someone so into semantics, you miss basic definitions.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#101 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
"Gotcha" is a code word for not knowing what one is talking about.
Interesting response considering this seems to be the only game in town for you.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#102 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I have no idea what the first part of that post is supposed to mean. If you want to be understood, you should provide some context and stop trying to be so cryptic. It doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like a child trying to play with fancy words.
Your desire to see those who disagree with you dead speaks volumes for your intellect as well as your morality.
You're entitled to your opinion, because that's all it is. Did you know an opinion is not supported by facts?
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#103 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I have no idea what the first part of that post is supposed to mean. If you want to be understood, you should provide some context and stop trying to be so cryptic. It doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like a child trying to play with fancy words.
Your desire to see those who disagree with you dead speaks volumes for your intellect as well as your morality.
Here's how ignorant you are.

Tony is a man, retired, with a family, who spends his time LEARNING about subjects. He applies his knowledge in his debating. You may like what he says or you may not, but the man likes to learn at a time in his life where he could be sitting back watching the teevee all day and night. Truly, you are a spawn of the devil to go after someone who chooses to expand his mind.

Your misery will not rub off on us, and I'm sorry that you have to live your life in such a manner. No joy anywhere - not one single minute. How truly sad.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#104 Apr 18, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of BS.
Opinions don't have to be 'supported', nor do they have to offer alternatives. Look up the dictionary definition, "lawyer". Amazing that for someone so into semantics, you miss basic definitions.
This concept you cite wherein opinions need not be supported appears quite frequently here on Topix.

Its what makes things fun and entertaining for us.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#105 Apr 18, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion, because that's all it is. Did you know an opinion is not supported by facts?
Roll with it. Don't stop.

woof
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#106 Apr 18, 2014
Bless your heart.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#110 Apr 18, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how ignorant you are.
Tony is a man, retired, with a family, who spends his time LEARNING about subjects. He applies his knowledge in his debating. You may like what he says or you may not, but the man likes to learn at a time in his life where he could be sitting back watching the teevee all day and night.
So which is it...should opinions be supported by facts, or not?

woof
What wait

Columbus, OH

#112 Apr 18, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Stop twisting!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#113 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Using force to make one person subsidize the existence of another.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#114 Apr 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Tony is a man who wishes that people who disagree with him would die. That you defend him is all anyone needs to know about you.
Your problem is you change the meanings of words to suit what you want to say. I said "people who think like you". Not everyone who disagrees with me thinks like you. I am perfectly fine with disagreement, as long as it is supported by logic.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#116 Apr 18, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Really? It's that hard to Google a dictionary? Read the definition of the word - facts are not necessary for opinions.

We are not talking about legal opinions rendered by a judge. We are talking about personal opinions on an internet forum.

The 70's still beckons the Akron area, I see!
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#117 Apr 18, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is you change the meanings of words to suit what you want to say. I said "people who think like you". Not everyone who disagrees with me thinks like you. I am perfectly fine with disagreement, as long as it is supported by logic.
And this woman, so quick to parse words, goes after me for "defending" your having an opinion and twists it to say that I wished her harm. Ain't no way she's a logically thinking man, no matter what she says. Emotional trippin' female is more like it - and so jealous of the attention others get! I pity the desperation.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#120 Apr 19, 2014
<quoted text>
And please keep insisting that opinions require no factual support.
opinion

noun

a belief not based on absolute certainty or positive knowledge but on what seems true, valid, or probable to one's own mind; judgment

From Your Dictionary - the dictionary you can understand. ;)

http://www.yourdictionary.com/opinion

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#121 Apr 19, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
And this woman, so quick to parse words, goes after me for "defending" your having an opinion and twists it to say that I wished her harm. Ain't no way she's a logically thinking man, no matter what she says. Emotional trippin' female is more like it - and so jealous of the attention others get! I pity the desperation.
Gosh, thinking is so hard. I'm glad we have men around to do all the heavy mental lifting, eh WW?

Really though, I think it might be a better use of your time to explore which of your own limitations cause you to have such a limited view of women and critical thinking, than take some time to look at how other women interact with intellectual challenges. I hope that you'll come out of this exercise with the appreciation that many women work with logical processes daily, unemcumbered by what you see as the shortcomings of our gender.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#123 Apr 19, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? It's that hard to Google a dictionary? Read the definition of the word - facts are not necessary for opinions.
We are not talking about legal opinions rendered by a judge. We are talking about personal opinions on an internet forum.
The 70's still beckons the Akron area, I see!
I see we have arrived at the crux of the problem. There are essentially two schools of thought on these issues (what is an opinion, and what should it be based upon).

First, there are those who would subscribe to the old adage "opinions are like azzholes, everybody's got one". Under this concept, supporting logic and facts are completely irrelevant to the viability of one's opinion, so that when an idiot offers her opinion that "2x2=6", such an "opinion" arrives upon the scene bearing equally as much truth as the opinion of a third grader who says "no Ms. idiot, 2x2 = 4. Here, I will show you why my opinion is the correct one, and yours is patently wrong."

Second, there are those who would subscribe to a concept that would require at least some basic facts providing underlying support for one's opinion, as in the third grader's opinion in the first example above.

I think we all know where you fall.

woof
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#124 Apr 19, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, thinking is so hard. I'm glad we have men around to do all the heavy mental lifting, eh WW?
Really though, I think it might be a better use of your time to explore which of your own limitations cause you to have such a limited view of women and critical thinking, than take some time to look at how other women interact with intellectual challenges. I hope that you'll come out of this exercise with the appreciation that many women work with logical processes daily, unemcumbered by what you see as the shortcomings of our gender.
Never once did I say "all women".

It is unfortunate that you, the intellectual, have chosen to jump on this bandwagon with folks who have NOTHING better to do with their time day in, day out, than hang out on an internet forum looking for a single word or phrase to grasp upon and attack so that they can feel superior. Soon, they will only have themselves to blabber with. And so it is.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#125 Apr 19, 2014
The unfortunate part of having the Columbus forum taken over by trolls is that despite some of the very ugly postings, there were times when you learned a thing or two. Those days are gone, as are most of the folks who posted them.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#126 Apr 19, 2014
Wait what wrote:
The unfortunate part of having the Columbus forum taken over by trolls is that despite some of the very ugly postings, there were times when you learned a thing or two. Those days are gone, as are most of the folks who posted them.
Thank you for your unsupported opinion.

Have a nice day.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish our cat would die. 5 min Seriouslady 86
33% women would swap IQ for larger breasts (Mar '12) 19 min Linda 28
Trump the Liar 22 min Seriouslady 925
did RS write this on his super sized boat 28 min Catman Dave 5
Black Voters should Remove Clinton CHAINS 29 min Blacks-LOOSEfromC... 1
No Life, But Topix. 44 min Catman Dave 22
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 2 hr Vote for Jill Stein 256
Should the GOP cut its loses? 4 hr 404 not found 898

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages