To Your Good Health: Bladder infectio...

To Your Good Health: Bladder infection common in women | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 25, 2010, titled To Your Good Health: Bladder infection common in women | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Q: Please explain urinary-tract infections. Why do they recur? My doctor prescribes antibiotics, but, shortly after Ia TMve finished taking them, I have another infection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Right Wing Lunatic

Garden City, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2010
I'm here to tell you drinking cranberry juice does not prevent bladder infections. I lived on that stuff for a year and it didn't do any good.
KYZ

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Once you have it you pretty much have to get a prescription.
Drinking lots of water(not pop,coffee ect), wiping front to back and urinating immediately after sex can help prevent it.
Also you never want to use anything for a lube other than KY or an exact equivalent- other ingredients can cause an infection!
Shelby

Fremont, CA

#3 Jan 8, 2013
UTIs can indeed be a recurrent problem to some people. I have a friend who actually experiences a bladder infection once or twice a year. While self-care measures don't treat the infection itself, she still practices them to potentially reduce her risk of a UTI. If you wish to find out more about bladder disorders and similar problems, http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us could be a good reference for you.
Flynn

Paradise Valley, AZ

#4 Mar 10, 2013
Some women are especially more susceptible to getting recurrent bladder or urinary tract infections more than others. While cranberry juice may not entirely target the infection, it may help prevent it from coming back. There are other home remedies that may reduce a person's risk of repeated UTIs too. I also came across some posts on the net that may help those with similar problems. Try searching for bladderslingrecall.us
House

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 11, 2013
Install a bidet and use it after urinating and B.M,it will help clear up bladder infections.Works like a charm.Amazon.com sells them.Google bidet.Drink 8 glasses of filtered water a day at least to flush things out.
Loonie P

Oman

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Bladder infections, especially when recurrent and without proper treatment, may eventually cause damage to the kidneys and even stimulate urinary incontinence. Reports from bladdermeshlawsuit.us/ transvaginal-mesh-lawsuits/ say that a type of bladder problem known as stress urinary incontinence is now commonly treated by bladder sling implants, but these too have been linked to adverse effects that may even be more threatening than the condition to which it is being used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't trust Google... 5 min d pants 46
Trump and Putin have ties..... 28 min d pants 48
Open season on Cops 55 min d pants 116
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? (Apr '14) 57 min UTrashy 74
Donald Trump - Dangerous 1 hr Pale Rider 26
News Ohio Democrats look to reverse GOP trend in sta... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Drumpf gets Owned 1 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Gasp! Emails.....created crisis 3 hr Pale Rider 25

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages