United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

blacks were handed the most prosperous city in America. They were given a mansion and they ran it into the ground. Can't blame whitey for this one.
whistle

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hello, anyone notice that it's the national pastime. From the top down.....and come to think of it, run by blackdom too.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I saw a tourism commercial this morning touting Detroit. LMAO. Honey, book it!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Corporate greed killed Detroit.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Figarooo wrote:
Corporate greed killed Detroit.
Then why hasn't it killed Houston, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis, San Jose...?
UNIONS and government corruption killed Detroit.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Then why hasn't it killed Houston, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis, San Jose...?
UNIONS and government corruption killed Detroit.
I agree government is to blame also but unions didn't take the jobs over seas. Unions never hurt a company. Just take a look at the bonuses of the CEO's of a company who has a union. I assure you they are very heathy. Unions didnt cause the fake houseing market. I love how every time something bad happens someone yells out the Union did it. There are very few unions left anymore. The government has taken that away also so that is not a valaid excuse anymore. Most states are now right to work states. The pay has dropped so low at most plants that the people who work at them cannot afford to by the products that they themselves make. Anyone who ever thought that things could continue like that is a fool. The city's you mentioned will follow suit. You can't keep taking away jobs and lowering people's pay while the cost of living continues to raise out of control and then expect the economy to grow. If people lose their homes and company's leave, who is left to support the city. The middle class who supported this country has been beat to death. Detroit is just the tip of the iceberg. The first in a domino effect. Most citys are just barely hanging on right now. Just in my opinion.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree government is to blame also but unions didn't take the jobs over seas. Unions never hurt a company. Just take a look at the bonuses of the CEO's of a company who has a union. I assure you they are very heathy. Unions didnt cause the fake houseing market. I love how every time something bad happens someone yells out the Union did it. There are very few unions left anymore. The government has taken that away also so that is not a valaid excuse anymore. Most states are now right to work states. The pay has dropped so low at most plants that the people who work at them cannot afford to by the products that they themselves make. Anyone who ever thought that things could continue like that is a fool. The city's you mentioned will follow suit. You can't keep taking away jobs and lowering people's pay while the cost of living continues to raise out of control and then expect the economy to grow. If people lose their homes and company's leave, who is left to support the city. The middle class who supported this country has been beat to death. Detroit is just the tip of the iceberg. The first in a domino effect. Most citys are just barely hanging on right now. Just in my opinion.
Unions never hurt a company? That's one of the most ludicrous statements ever. Ask the American steel industry about that. Ask the retirees of the Big Three whose former employers soon won't be able to pay their benefits because they're so far over the top. Ask the workers at the auto plants in the 70s why they turned out utter junk. There's a reason some of us haven't owned a Big Three car in a quarter century and never will again. I will never drive anything stamped "UAW."
How has "government" taken away unions? Right to work is a basic right...forcing someone to join a union is un-American. And in case you haven't noticed, union growth in government employment is unfettered.
The cities I mentioned WILL NOT follow in Detroit's footsteps...Boston, Houston and Dallas are in the clover. The have thriving middles classes and huge tax bases as a result. So does Columbus.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Unions never hurt a company? That's one of the most ludicrous statements ever. Ask the American steel industry about that. Ask the retirees of the Big Three whose former employers soon won't be able to pay their benefits because they're so far over the top. Ask the workers at the auto plants in the 70s why they turned out utter junk. There's a reason some of us haven't owned a Big Three car in a quarter century and never will again. I will never drive anything stamped "UAW."
How has "government" taken away unions? Right to work is a basic right...forcing someone to join a union is un-American. And in case you haven't noticed, union growth in government employment is unfettered.
The cities I mentioned WILL NOT follow in Detroit's footsteps...Boston, Houston and Dallas are in the clover. The have thriving middles classes and huge tax bases as a result. So does Columbus.
Detroit failed primarily because of it being overwhelmingly populated by black leftists.

The same problem exists in Flint, MI, Newark NJ, Oakland CA and portions of the rural South among others.

Unions are just a symptom, not the cause. Pittsburgh was highly unionized and had it's steel industry obliterated, the auto industry still has a minor manufacturing presence in Detroit.

But Pittsburgh didn't burn itself down and blame suburban whites for it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Another example is DeKalb County GA.
Enzyte Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit failed primarily because of it being overwhelmingly populated by black leftists.
The same problem exists in Flint, MI, Newark NJ, Oakland CA and portions of the rural South among others.
Unions are just a symptom, not the cause. Pittsburgh was highly unionized and had it's steel industry obliterated, the auto industry still has a minor manufacturing presence in Detroit.
But Pittsburgh didn't burn itself down and blame suburban whites for it.
But unlike Detroit and Cleveland, which have nice suburbs,:metro pgh is mostly a dump.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,

You must be a Kevy sock huh top mod trollie?

I know the top mod site has went to boring shyte but hey, can't you find somewhere else to troll?

Come on Figgy, wouldn't you rather comment on whether Persephone needs a neat thread of her own or something more important to ya?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But unlike Detroit and Cleveland, which have nice suburbs,:metro pgh is mostly a dump.
Spot on. Pittsburgh has about four, all old money: Fox Chapel (and some of the surrounding North Hills,) Sewickley, Mount Lebanon, Upper St. Clair. The rest generally resemble Bridgeville...or Aliquippa. Ugh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
They never needed to build the suburbs that much.

All three cities are worse than Columbus, but they are no Seattle in appearance (great place, too many liberals)

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
They never needed to build the suburbs that much.
All three cities are worse than Columbus, but they are no Seattle in appearance (great place, too many liberals)
Truly sad how some of the most beautiful American cities are infested by leftists...Boston, both Portlands, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco...all our side has in the beautiful city department are Charleston and San Diego (for now.)
Enzyte Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on. Pittsburgh has about four, all old money: Fox Chapel (and some of the surrounding North Hills,) Sewickley, Mount Lebanon, Upper St. Clair. The rest generally resemble Bridgeville...or Aliquippa. Ugh.
Someone once typed on a blog that the kind of decay you see in and around the pittsburgh area and eastern Ohio is a special kind of decay seen nowhere else in America. you have to see it to believe it.

downtown Pittsburgh is nice though I'll give them that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Truly sad how some of the most beautiful American cities are infested by leftists...Boston, both Portlands, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco...all our side has in the beautiful city department are Charleston and San Diego (for now.)
Oklahoma City

Irvine

Calgary (not American, but right wing)

With the sexual harassment scandal, we'll get San Diego back, but that means a RINO in charge. It's been a while since the city was actually conservative.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone once typed on a blog that the kind of decay you see in and around the pittsburgh area and eastern Ohio is a special kind of decay seen nowhere else in America. you have to see it to believe it.
I've seen similar decay in parts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

The worst decay is in Detroit, and certain Indian reservations.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, there's no region in the nation where such decay is not only so widespread, but accepted and at times worn like a badge of honor. The residents blame a world that left them behind 30 years ago. They've never even wanted to move on.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, there's no region in the nation where such decay is not only so widespread, but accepted and at times worn like a badge of honor. The residents blame a world that left them behind 30 years ago. They've never even wanted to move on.
That is true.

This is one of the few parts of the country where NAFTA bashing still generates dividends.

Whenever "moving on" is discussed, it's usually that we don't have enough "culturally enriching" third worlders.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma City
Irvine
Calgary (not American, but right wing)
With the sexual harassment scandal, we'll get San Diego back, but that means a RINO in charge. It's been a while since the city was actually conservative.
Calgary is slipping at the municipal level...and has a Muzzie mayor with a documented anti-Christian and pro homo agenda record.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 min Neutral Party 3,113
Apartments in good neighborhood 6 min They cannot kill ... 2
Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 11 min swedenforever 13
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 23 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,227
Uber, Lyft apply for licenses in Columbus 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Vice Squad Says Sex Trafficking Crimes On The R... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
When Will Obama DIE? 1 hr Get Gone 2
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 223
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Correction 2,271
ISIS beheads James Foley 12 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 86

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••