“I spent two years defending Obamacar...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#22 Nov 2, 2013
^^bring themselves^^
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#23 Nov 2, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
When the government mandates that everyone buy something and mandates specifications of that mandated purchase why would any rational logical thinker believe it would not increase in price?
Anything with the name: "Obama & Man-Date" in the same sentence sounds like an azzhole plan.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#24 Nov 2, 2013
Wait what wrote:
"She now knows the truth. She admitted:“I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”
When voters fired her boss in the 2010 elections, she had to get another job and that meant she had to shop for health care, too. Three years ago, she got a plan that cost $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. But then her health care company sent a letter a few weeks ago.
“Blue Cross,” she said,“stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”
She went on,“Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647.… Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?”…
“And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”
http://www.catholicvote.org/i-spent-two-years...
$6500 deductible?!?!?!?

I haven't had $6500 worth of healthcare in my entire LIFE!(and I'm not young)

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#25 Nov 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
$6500 deductible?!?!?!?
I sure have. lmao

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#26 Nov 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
$6500 deductible?!?!?!?
I seriously doubt those figures are correct. Out of pocket amount, maybe?
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#27 Nov 2, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure have. lmao
You could rack that up after a night of sex, right?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#28 Nov 2, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
You could rack that up after a night of sex, right?
We need to compare notes one day sidekick,lmao!
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#29 Nov 2, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to compare notes one day sidekick,lmao!
I learn everything as I go, and forget after I've done it.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#30 Nov 2, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I learn everything as I go, and forget after I've done it.
A great philosophy to live by!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#31 Nov 2, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt those figures are correct. Out of pocket amount, maybe?
Ahhhh, the site has changed since last I looked. Previously, when I perused the site I received deductible estimates of up to $12K depending on the plan. Just now I checked and no deductibles are listed, but the cost of a silver plan - 70% of expenses paid - the premium cost is just about $500/month for me. Remember that those 50 and over are charged 3 times the rates.

I could get a better price on my own but somebody has to pay the middleman - in this case, the government!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#32 Nov 2, 2013
This is on the healthcare.gov website if you want to estimate your own costs. I didn't go this far today - I only went as far as the "first page", so to speak, of healthcare.gov :

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#33 Nov 2, 2013
When I posted it a couple of years ago, though, I was considered to be whining and a doom and gloomer. Funny that when the government uses it it's A-OK!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#34 Nov 2, 2013
Oh, that's interesting! The Kaiser estimator doesn't consider your age, so I got a premium cost for someone younger. What a mess this is!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#35 Nov 2, 2013
What are all the poor negros...and white trash going to do.....you know damn well they won't pay for health care....I got a idea they want to go to the emergency room for a cold....take it out of their benefits....or the BIG fat tax refund check they get for kids and not working

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#36 Nov 2, 2013
Homerfudge wrote:
What are all the poor negros...and white trash going to do.....you know damn well they won't pay for health care....I got a idea they want to go to the emergency room for a cold....take it out of their benefits....or the BIG fat tax refund check they get for kids and not working
Isn't that one of the stipulations of the program? If you don't buy the insurance, the penalty comes off the top of your refund.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#37 Nov 2, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that one of the stipulations of the program? If you don't buy the insurance, the penalty comes off the top of your refund.
In Massachusetts, they get a separate 1099 for their health insurance which has to be included with their taxes. I wonder if that's next for us.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#41 Nov 2, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
In Massachusetts, they get a separate 1099 for their health insurance which has to be included with their taxes. I wonder if that's next for us.
Very possibly! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you must buy Obamacare, but must have health coverage of some kind.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#42 Nov 3, 2013
Speeding towards third world medical care at the speed of negrah
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#43 Nov 3, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Oh, that's interesting! The Kaiser estimator doesn't consider your age, so I got a premium cost for someone younger. What a mess this is!
I just used this link and it asks for age and gives deductibles and premiums. Scroll down the whole page please.
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator...
$50,000 annual income, age 60, premiums =$6,592, out of pocket expenses not to exceed $6,350. Total =$12,942 for one person for 2 of the same age ( husband and wife ) you could receive a subsidy of $8,433. Premiums would be $4750 per year, out of pocket not to exceed $12,700. Total $17,450.00 or $1,454.17 (rounded off) a month.
Right now I pay $700.00 a month for my wife and me, with a $500.00 deductible, max out of pocket, no co-pays, have prescription, vision and dental and a 90%/10% on say Major care such as a heart attack.
I believe obama said, those whose policies are being cancelled can get better on the exchanges.
Did they eliminate the Cadillac Plan Tax? If your plan is to good they will tax you more.
So if you can get better on the exchanges there must be a limit to how good you are allowed to get without being taxed even more than what the Dems have determined to be good.
I guess good has it's limits. Could this be one of the reasons Congress has exempted themselves? They and the Unions have plans that may be considered Cadillac Plans. Maybe mine.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#44 Nov 3, 2013
If you are a Veteran I would strongly urge you to sign up at the VA. It's available and it qualifies. You may qualify for care under the VA.

I am a priority one category, my brothers are priority 3.

Under certain circumstances there are limitations due to income level. Vietnam Veterans are exempt from financial status. Check it out, It may save you money while searching for the right plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pull your pants up. 22 min Seriouslady 16
Muslims beat woman for wearing bikini French ou... 32 min Doc 33
Review: CARPET KING FLOOR COVERINGS (Dec '11) 1 hr Corperate 3
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 1 hr Seriouslady 149
For Cat Lovers Only! 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 178
Trump builds his political machine 2 hr Doc 1
CHINATOWN DETECTIVE AGENCY LOOKING FOR Crazylady 2 hr Doc 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages