Energy marketing is suspect, critics say | The Columbus Dispatch

How would you like to make $20,000 a month working from home? All you have to do is sell natural-gas plans to your friends and family, and the money will begin to flow. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MaR

Livonia, MI

#43 Feb 24, 2012
Jay
You have a great point. Invado has some fine things but what you say is legit. that is why I am with a diffrent company that offers energy, lots of products, commercial and residential, and with a leader/owner who is very well respected in the industry and have multiple partnerships, hold the suppliers accountable.
Also, while they talk about recruiting, they are very product focused as well.
Jay wrote:
Tony - good question, keeping asking it. Again, the trouble with the model (Invado's for example) is there are low barriers to entry for many of their products. Daily Referral is in a VERY crowded space with little barriers to entry. It's all just noise to the consumer and not a real, long term revenue stream to brokers, in my opinion.
Energy is a great product but you have to (1) be able to offer a range of products - which means residential and commercial electric and gas and (2) be competitive in pricing to the customer. Local utilities (and their retail arms) are getting very aggressive in their pricing and in locking up larger accounts before an independent broker gets a chance. It won't last forever but you have to be patient and keep plugging away at adding customers when you can.
Lifepad - not sure as I haven't seen the product but it's getting to be a crowded space and not many of the 'ipdad killers' have done much killing to date. To me, this is a network, operating system and meaningful app portfolio market. It's one thing to get a relatively cheap tablet but if the operating system sucks and it doesn't have the app library that people want then what does it matter?
No name

Toronto, Canada

#45 May 28, 2012
Agree with Kevin above 100% This is a scam pure & simple. My father has spent thousands of dollars on conferences, meetings, ridiculous annual & monthly fees...spending hard earned pension on this horrible scam. Run far & run fast!
Jay

Canton, OH

#46 May 29, 2012
Unconfirmed reports that the Mintz clan, and others they brought in, have been removed from the company. I haven't been able to confirm it but they are no longer listed on the Invado website so there must be something going on with the company. At some point with all of the changes going on:

1) Change from UCI to Invado
2) Much hype for Sozo lifepad but now abandoned (as predicted)
3) Much hype for Daily Referral which has become Referdia but not sure of LT revenue potential
4) Energy still a part of their offerings but they don't seem to be gaining any traction here
5) Added a travel product offering (which should be a red flag in itself)
6) Mysterious changes with leadership (e.g. Mintz and potentially other top level execs) evidenced by the leadership page removed from the website

Again, I think there are some legit MLM businesses that offer decent revenue/income potential with WORK but very few with the opportunity to 'fire your boss' as they like to pitch. Be careful, ask questions and if you don't get good answers or get a bad feeling then move on. MLM inherently requires some recruiting efforts so that should not be a deterent for you to get involved IF there are:

1) Legitimate products to offer consumers
2) Legitimate VALUE to the consumer for the products
3) Sufficient commissions on products to be cash flow positive to you

Take energy for example. I think this is a very good MLM potential but be careful of companies trying to differentiate themselves on commission rates only. It makes no difference if your commission rate is twice what another company pays if your rate to the customer is not competitive and therefore will be difficult to show VALUE to the consumer. Think about it. Many states have public utility commissions that show apples to apples rates for utiltities. If your potential MLM company is not competitive with those rates then who cares what the commission is? You won't get enough meaningful customers for that to matter.

Off topic....sorry.
Jay

Canton, OH

#47 Jul 24, 2012
FYI - it appears that Damon and Steve Mintz are no longer with Invado. Anyone know the story there? Invado website no longer lists 'leadership' on their website as well. They dropped the lifepad and Sozo product line and added a 'vacation club'...Perhaps the bloom is falling off the rose?
Eddie Answers

Huntsville, AL

#48 Sep 8, 2012
Jay wrote:
I did some research through the Cuyahoga County Clerk of Courts system. http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_PickSe...
Do a public records search on Mintz and it looks like one of them has a tax lien on his house. For a leader in a company like UCI or Invado wouldn't you think you'd be able to make the tax payments on your house? To each his own but many records are available for free to do your own due diligence on people/entities. I've learned over the years that if it feels like a scam then it usually is one.
If you did your due diligence, you would have noticed that the lien in question was paid. Invado is not a scam. The people have to work the business. Invado is an innovative concept model on how we as consumers will shop in the future. Do your homework before opening your trap.
Jay

Massillon, OH

#49 Sep 8, 2012
Eddie Answers - Fair enough, however this was not the first time that tax liens were filed against this person, which is a troubling issue for someone claiming to help lead others to financial freedom don't you think? Also, since you are in the mood to answer questions....is this gentleman still involved with Invado? I'll wait for your answers....
No name

United States

#50 Nov 6, 2012
I'm 19 years old and invado reps tried scamming me because I'm young and ignorant haha I might be 19 but you didn't know that I don't believe money is everything and I will not sign up for your poorly executed scam in witch I didn't give you any of my information cause after a business man doesn't give me eye contact in the first five minutes of his presentation I know he's a fake
Jay

Canton, OH

#51 Apr 8, 2013
Maybe it's a fluke but the Invado website at www.invadoinc.com is not working today. Haven't heard much about Invado lately. Any updates out there?
Jay

Canton, OH

#52 May 8, 2013
End of the line for Invado it would appear. Hope no one got burned too badly.

http://www.invadokingdombuilders.com/invado-s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Jerry K 31,128
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 3,345
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Hey pale rider 2 hr They cannot kill ... 34
Pet and animal reports 2 hr They cannot kill ... 37
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr JBS 2,435
The Michael Brown Case 3 hr They cannot kill ... 65
•••
•••
•••