Energy marketing is suspect, critics say | The Columbus Dispatch

How would you like to make $20,000 a month working from home? All you have to do is sell natural-gas plans to your friends and family, and the money will begin to flow. Full Story
Jay

Canton, OH

#22 Apr 6, 2011
I did some research through the Cuyahoga County Clerk of Courts system. http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_PickSe...

Do a public records search on Mintz and it looks like one of them has a tax lien on his house. For a leader in a company like UCI or Invado wouldn't you think you'd be able to make the tax payments on your house? To each his own but many records are available for free to do your own due diligence on people/entities. I've learned over the years that if it feels like a scam then it usually is one.
old news

Hilliard, OH

#23 May 2, 2011
Shad wrote:
I'm a UCI representative and it's not a scam. The money you pay is for your own home based business. You can claim UCI as a 1099 and get your money back regardless. Also you have to have customers not just agents who sign up to make money(that is a PYRAMID). If you don't work your business you won't make money I don't understand how that is a scam? Also if there is no commitments, no fees, and it's FREE why wouldn't people try an alternative supplier. Columbia Gas gets paid regardless of who supplies the gas so save money. This article is bias check out UCI yourself teamuci.com/Jones
this is a blatant lie.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#24 May 2, 2011
I notice Mike DeWine's Attorny General's Office is not even mentioned here. I guess he's too busy writing letters of protest about fruit-flavored malt liquor.
Invado scam

United States

#25 Jun 10, 2011
I went to a meeting the other night? Only 5 minutes were spent on product the other 1:30 minutes were spent on hirin representatives. I explained I have a person who is going door to door changing peoples energy suppliers. A 100 per month. I was told that was not the right direction but have him recruit more independant representatives.. I was cautious now I'm aware of this companies intentt and purpose! It's a pyramid scam not a true leveled sales oriented organization!
Jay

Massillon, OH

#26 Jul 16, 2011
Can someone tell me what products are actually available now through Invado? The energy tab used to allow you to select a state and local utility to sign up; now it directs you to contact a rep? The much hyped Daily Referral is STILL not launched nor is the Sozo and it's Lifepad (tablet)? So...what exactly can a rep offer to customers as a product or service?
Marcus

Canton, OH

#27 Aug 15, 2011
Uh-oh, Google buys Motorola Mobile in a play to, seemingly, vertically integrate (like Apple) and own the hardware and software of their Android mobile devices. What does this do to the long term prospects of 'partner' manufacturers such as Lifepad, HTC, and Samsung? No crystal ball but it can't be positive news. Lifepad not even launched yet and a significant event might derail its potential. See if they mention that in the PBR....
Marcus

Canton, OH

#28 Aug 25, 2011
Uh-oh number 2...looks like Amazon is getting into the Daily Deals business too with Groupon and Google and many, many others. Space is getting crowded with big names with big email databases. Hope you Invado reps haven't leveraged yourself on the 'ground floor' opportunity of Daily Referral...Do your due diligence before investing in this model.

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2011/08/amaz...
Jay

Canton, OH

#29 Sep 2, 2011
Good article that supports Marcus' post above. Low barriers to entry, crowded field, retailers inundated with multiple online discount sites and are fatigued. Translation ='realistic' potential of Daily Referral as a sustainable revenue stream is probably far smaller than the hype you hear in Invado pitch meetings. Decide for yourself but at least be aware and ask some questions before parting with your hard earned cash.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/yelp-s...
bartmaninc

Kahului, HI

#30 Oct 7, 2011
invado inc has poor support and bad leadership i signed up weeks ago no support for my questions and generated customer service tickets left messages for jerry b and i thought he was the man to talk to and not a peep from anyone i want my money back
Adam

Canton, OH

#31 Nov 9, 2011
bartmaninc wrote:
invado inc has poor support and bad leadership i signed up weeks ago no support for my questions and generated customer service tickets left messages for jerry b and i thought he was the man to talk to and not a peep from anyone i want my money back
I'm a rep for Invado and I disagree completely. You shoulda talked to your upline if u had questions not Jerry b.
anon

Wolfeboro, NH

#32 Nov 9, 2011
bartmaninc wrote:
Where you able to get your money back?
Victor Valdez

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Dec 9, 2011
First get educated on the industry of MLM.
This is not a JOB!Invado doesnt have poor support or bad leadrship we have CARLOS REY! We are the next generation of group buying!
Swimmer

Kanata, Canada

#34 Dec 19, 2011
If Carlos Rey is in Invado then that is a red flag. How many companies is this Cuban exile and ex furniture manufacturer going to jump into and out of?
Lot of money and very little depth.
Tony Marconi

Dayton, OH

#35 Jan 5, 2012
Has anyone made any money? How do you make 5k a month every month,I asked and no one could tell me, just keep getting new rep's is ONLY way to make money!
Jay

Canton, OH

#36 Jan 6, 2012
Tony - good question, keeping asking it. Again, the trouble with the model (Invado's for example) is there are low barriers to entry for many of their products. Daily Referral is in a VERY crowded space with little barriers to entry. It's all just noise to the consumer and not a real, long term revenue stream to brokers, in my opinion.

Energy is a great product but you have to (1) be able to offer a range of products - which means residential and commercial electric and gas and (2) be competitive in pricing to the customer. Local utilities (and their retail arms) are getting very aggressive in their pricing and in locking up larger accounts before an independent broker gets a chance. It won't last forever but you have to be patient and keep plugging away at adding customers when you can.

Lifepad - not sure as I haven't seen the product but it's getting to be a crowded space and not many of the 'ipdad killers' have done much killing to date. To me, this is a network, operating system and meaningful app portfolio market. It's one thing to get a relatively cheap tablet but if the operating system sucks and it doesn't have the app library that people want then what does it matter?
arrep

Laval, Canada

#37 Jan 24, 2012
Carlos Rey loool wasnt he with ACN !??

Always talking highly of ACN and how it's the best franchise ever blablablaaa

90% of all ACN reps left and are now with Invado

I wonder were they will all go and try next...

Ps: it's not a scam it's just fake... yes i have tried it for 2 years and yes i earned a tiny bit of $ but i was always surprised at all the *big Shots* how cheap their suits / shoes were...I mean if you have alll that money can't you afford new high end cloth?!? Wearing the same suit over and over its not impressing....
Bartmaninc

Lahaina, HI

#38 Jan 25, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a rep for Invado and I disagree completely. You shoulda talked to your upline if u had questions not Jerry b.
Well thank-you for your input but i tried talking to my upline and they walked away from this too stating same things i said Christy an Jodel nothing available in Hawaii and hard to sell and get answers also i tried to do store front spoke to Cheryl Perry and did not get anywhere with that i wanted to do my 2 business so i tried to get my money back and they told be i can't because of the time limit but i said how can i make my money back if nothing is set up that is when i was told Jerry B was supposed to call me and let me know when things were going get moving in Hawaii never did so i hoe this clears and questions anyone might have Invado might be ok in states but did not work for me in Hawaii now out $$$$ with no way no recover my money!!!
Bartmaninc

Lahaina, HI

#39 Jan 25, 2012
Victor Valdez wrote:
First get educated on the industry of MLM.
This is not a JOB!Invado doesnt have poor support or bad leadrship we have CARLOS REY! We are the next generation of group buying!
ok thanks no i did not get my money back i tried to make it work but nothing set up in Hawaii i hanged for awhile but still nothing in Hawaii so that is why i said what i said as far as leadership and poor communication and poor support why can't anyone give me a date or a time frame for when it all to get started i tried to put my 2 companies along with several of my associates i signed up for Daily ref-feral could not get them going either all of us got broken promises and more questions not answered.
No Name

Meadville, PA

#40 Feb 15, 2012
And they changed the name again. The Mintz family are nothing but scammers. Their cheapo version of the Ipad will go nowhere
kevin

Saint-lambert, Canada

#41 Feb 15, 2012
We got our money back real quick ( both my wife and I) after reporting to our credit card company that there was complaints with FTC and so on with a lot of the people in upper echelons at this company. Pyramid scam is the correct term here. Those lured into it are looking for a fast buck in life and daily referral isn't even listed in the top 100 group discount companies either. Big red flag.after doing a back ground check on the owners as well as Andre maronian and the rest of these clowns. They open a company and close down after a few years and do the same thing over and over. Do your home work on all these people and a thorough back ground check and you will see for yourself.Their concern is getting another 599 for more people to join and 30 bucks a month for back office fees. Watch out for this one people. When you get any type of job you should never have to pay into it. Those still in this program will constantly tell you it is all about team etc etc but ask them how much money that they have made.The reps at this company especially those close to the top will constantly deflect your questions. The rep that we signed with to get on the program whose name I won"t mention has been removed from my email and blocked from my home number yet he continually leaves messages on my wife's cell number still hoping to "suck" us back in.The people still involved with this program who are not making money are completely disillusioned.DO YOUR HOMEWORK on the owners for yourself. We didn't bother asking their permission to cancel. WE simply went straight to our credit card company and I suggest others do the same. The way credit card companies work is simply> you have 180 to cancel anything to protect yourself but a smarter person does it within the first 30 days.A company needs to "fullfill" on their product or service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 24 min Pale Rider 4,616
Ferguson Protest 40 min White cop 3
Wilson 's "injuries" 44 min White cop 23
Must See Riot Video illustrating Raw Courage 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 12
happy thanksgiving everyone! 2 hr BizzyBee 1
Columbus' Murder Rate Tops Cincinnati, Clevelan... (Oct '10) 3 hr Ohian Abroad 82
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 4 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 29
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr Cosgrove 2,522
BREAKING: Ferguson GJ Ruling Reached 5 hr wildcatCREEKlunatic 37
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:42 am PST

NFL11:42AM