Rod Parsley says ministry threatened ...

Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col...

There are 760 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Rev. Rod Parsley, megapastor and televangelist, has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Dear Wormwood

Columbus, OH

#738 Jul 14, 2011
You may have to take a second job, or a change of career may be in order.
Yours Truly,
Uncle Screwtape
Judge not you all

Granada Hills, CA

#739 Jul 26, 2011
Leave the man alone. He pastors. You all complain. Run a church on sheckels? You must be all nuts. God owns the cattle on a 1000 hills and Rod needs money to keep 'er going. So when your all done bellyachin' get into step with God's love and give. You won't be disappointed.
Hello

Columbus, OH

#740 Jul 27, 2011
Judge not you all wrote:
Leave the man alone. He pastors. You all complain. Run a church on sheckels? You must be all nuts. God owns the cattle on a 1000 hills and Rod needs money to keep 'er going. So when your all done bellyachin' get into step with God's love and give. You won't be disappointed.
How much money does he need? He should be a billionaire by now,at least by my calculations.
jan

United States

#741 Aug 31, 2011
The reconing has begun. I pray God burn these places "Mega Churches" down....and to ALL these good folkes that attend these "spiritual slaughter houses", RUN RUN!!!!! I say, run far away!!!
No Their Not

Columbus, OH

#742 Aug 31, 2011
WDRussell wrote:
TV preachers are about two steps below used car salesmen.
they are two steps ahead of used car salesman.
Anyone who gives Rod Parsley money,needs to have their head examined.
God save us all

Columbus, OH

#743 Aug 31, 2011
I loathe T.V evangelists! Please don't send these crooks your money!I want to see them all go broke!
Jesus Lives

Rensselaer, IN

#744 Sep 26, 2011
Lives on Gender wrote:
Rod Parsley is a crook anyway... I hope his cult church goes down anyway... why is it that these members have to give some of their income to be taught about God, or to be sung to by other religious crooks (Dec. 13th).......i think it is one big cult for psychos.... maybe his members should make up (financially) for the churches' widely publicized child beating scandal... they're all to blame anyhow for paying this Rod Parsley crook....
Maybe its because God requires a man to tihe 10% of their income, and says if they don't tithe they are robbing him(God). God does require some of your money. It's all his anyway. The man who doesn't tithe is making debt in heaven.
Jesus Lives

Rensselaer, IN

#745 Sep 26, 2011
So you guys call yourselves Christians, yet you sit here and curse a fellow christian. Where's the unity? If you feel that he is wrong dont curse him, bless him. The enemy recieves all glory from cursing. And plus the ministry is threatened by lack of funds. People need to stop being greedy and give God the money he requires. It is all God's money anyway! You wouldn't have a single penny if it wasn't for God.
Jesus Lives

Rensselaer, IN

#746 Sep 26, 2011
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>How much money does he need? He should be a billionaire by now,at least by my calculations.
That's the thing he uses the money for God. God never tells someone to stop giving. The reason Rod is so blessed is because God recognizes that he knows how to give.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#747 Sep 26, 2011
I liked him a lot when he fist started his ministry. Then I noticed how money hungry he became as his ministry grew! He rally lost focus on what is calling 'was'.
vncn12 r cdt mw

Stow, OH

#748 Sep 28, 2011
Next time I am short of cash, I will tell my creditors that it was a "demnic financial attack" I am sure they will understand...
vncn12 r cdt mw

Stow, OH

#749 Sep 28, 2011
Next time I am short of cash, I will tell my creditors that it was a "demonic financial attack" I am sure they will understand...
vncn12 r cdt mw

Stow, OH

#750 Sep 28, 2011
These mega church con men prove two things that were said long ago "religion is the opiate of the masses" and 'If Jesus came back on earth today he would be anything but a so called Christian as the present day phony hippocrites" This was said by Mark Twain.
no need to hide

United States

#751 Mar 6, 2012
My name is melinda hammond,, I took my dad to rods church. I was just floored, a so called man of god has body guards. God himself nerver had to have anyone look out for him. And rod should pray for his forgiveness. To have such power to where he needs another man do what God should be doing is only to shhow people he is doing bad things and at sometime he will have to pay for all he is doing to true people of God. We all know that n the bible it tell all about preachers that would seem real but aren't. False prophet! So you know what I will get to heaven without giving my mind and money to a man who is just like a drug dealer. And Rod I don't need you to pray for me, no demon in me. God gave me a brain to think with also. And do think we just see this in you, we are starting to see it in most pearcher like u.
Jimmy Soprano

Cleveland, OH

#752 Mar 6, 2012
Rod Parsley is a fraud, a hypocrite and his God is MONEY, MILLION DOLLAR HOUSES, PERSONAL JETS, JEWELRY etc. There are so many Preachers and Pastors here in Columbus that are corrupt sinners, that I could actually write the book about them! Snakes in the pulpit!
Jimmy Soprano

Cleveland, OH

#753 Mar 6, 2012
If you are looking for good southern truthful Preaching, watch Charles Stanley and Joyce Meyers for true Religious Guidance! They speak the truth where the Bible and Christianity are concerned!
Cindy

Lenoir, NC

#754 Mar 15, 2012
Amen wrote:
Reminds of the movie Repo Man:
Reverend Larry the TV Evangelist saying:
"I DO want your money, because god wants your money."
Rod Parsley is a fake -- and everyone knows it except his parishioners.
There's only one evangelist who was honest and that man is Billy Graham.
obviously you haven't read the book called " billy graham and friends " it's a real eye opener!!!!!!
Cindy

Lenoir, NC

#755 Mar 15, 2012
To the person who thinks so much of Billy Graham you should read the book " Billy Graham and friends" written by Cathy Burns , it's a real eye opener!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#756 Mar 15, 2012
Jesus Lives wrote:
So you guys call yourselves Christians, yet you sit here and curse a fellow christian. Where's the unity? If you feel that he is wrong dont curse him, bless him. The enemy recieves all glory from cursing. And plus the ministry is threatened by lack of funds. People need to stop being greedy and give God the money he requires. It is all God's money anyway! You wouldn't have a single penny if it wasn't for God.
Hey, if it's all God's anyway, why doesn't Rod get rid of his gated properties & 24 hour security on Allen Rd. in Pickerington.

I suspect he's a 1% anyway......What kind of speculator is Rod?
Uncle Screwtape

Columbus, OH

#757 Mar 16, 2012
Dear Wormwood,(Rod)
I keep telling you that your job is done,now I fear you will have to change career's.A run for the Presidency might be in order-you could create some real havoc there.
Keep fighting the good fight,
Uncle Screwtape

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justice Insider: Missing comma gives judges pause 17 min Linda 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 20 min WhackoBird 6,385
News Columbus police ask for public's help at Red, W... 1 hr Quiting My Job Do... 1
News Kasich Not Invited To Speak At Big Conservative... 1 hr SpaceBlues 189
Good News for Glitter/Gokeefe (Mar '12) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 25
Pensioners queue outside Greek banks amid withd... 1 hr free pIzza 4 U 16
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 1 hr Catman Dave 74
Bumper Stickers 3 hr Cat D 52
dana turtle Sun tom 54
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages