Rod Parsley says ministry threatened ...

Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col...

There are 761 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Rev. Rod Parsley, megapastor and televangelist, has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Arvey

Westerville, OH

#21 Dec 16, 2009
This dude is a SHAM!!!! He should sell his mansion and lay off his bodyguards to fund his "church".

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#22 Dec 16, 2009
TV preachers are about two steps below used car salesmen.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#23 Dec 16, 2009
Fewer idiots giving $$ to Rod? Amen.
Jonathan

Nashville, TN

#25 Dec 16, 2009
Sell one of you homes on Allen Road then - mission accomplished!
G Digger

United States

#26 Dec 16, 2009
$3 million for something that the kid probably deserved?!?!? What is this world coming to? So much for disciplining children. Let's take money from a church instead....the Faieta family should be "disgusted" and "saddened" for suing for something so ridiculous. Maybe I should sue my father for hitting me with a belt after I misbehaved when I was 10yrs old. What a joke.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
D Mason

Chillicothe, OH

#27 Dec 16, 2009
We should all Pray for Rod that God heals his Blindness. Because he can't see the truth,the way,or the light.
BDT

Dayton, OH

#28 Dec 16, 2009
Suuuuuure you need the money Rod. Crook.
joe-tax-payer

Pickerington, OH

#29 Dec 16, 2009
You can see how big and how much his home is worth on the Fairfield County Auditors page!!!!!!
EPB

Marion, OH

#30 Dec 16, 2009
He gives us Christians a bad name. Maybe he could sell his million dollar house and his father's house that is almost as big! And I'd like to see his salary!
Tired of Whiners

Columbus, OH

#31 Dec 16, 2009
I live right near this man's brick and mortar church and also have first hand knowledge that he travels by private aircraft. If he was so worried about the parishiners and the students of the bible college he would be much more careful with how he spends ministry funds. What I would suggest is that he sell off some of the not needed physical assets to protect the future of the church's ministry works. owning a private plane is not a fiscally responsible use of church funds because flying coach is cheaper and if he travels that much he would have billions of frequent flyer miles that he could use for upgrading for free to first class seats.

I am not an unreasonable person, and yes I understand that you have to spend some money in order to make some money. It just seems hard to believe that this man's true concern is that for his church and bible college instead of his own personal bank roll.
Old and crusty

Columbus, OH

#32 Dec 16, 2009
Wacko Rod is reaping what he has sown. Maybe Rod should sell some of that property that he has accumulated in the name of the church to the tune of a couple of million.
Christina

Columbus, OH

#33 Dec 16, 2009
This guy isn't a minister, he's just a cult leader.

So who really cares if his cult goes under!!!
reap what you sow

United States

#34 Dec 16, 2009
"pastor" parsley lives a lavish lifestyle of the finest homes,cars,clothes & vacations @ the expense of his parishinors. This man wants a bailout from his congregation & I hope people wise up to this false prophet.
FED UP

Columbus, OH

#36 Dec 16, 2009
Good old Rod needs to take a cut in pay and tell his followers to stop running the Stop sign when church is out.
neigbor

Columbus, OH

#37 Dec 16, 2009
If he needs money so bad let him sell his million dollar home and the million dollar house he built his parents. How can people be so dumb as to fall for this sort of plea. It sucks the life out of the many who do good in the name of religion. Many pastors work for very little and accomplish much in the name of their faith. He has done a lot of good things, but they are clouded by the total misuse of money and the arrogance displayed by members of the school he created and those around him.
TimH

Columbus, OH

#38 Dec 16, 2009
"demonically inspired financial attack"???? Perhaps if you look at Mr. Parsley's personal finances and lifestyle, you will see who the demon is!!
Bob

United States

#39 Dec 16, 2009
Funny, Moses had to tell the Israelites to stop giving because they had already given more than enough. I've never heard a televangelist say they had enough.

About twenty years ago I heard Parsley say, "We gotta stop apologising and start repenting." He should do a little "sober self assessment" and take those words to heart.
Wise Old Man

Columbus, OH

#40 Dec 16, 2009
Kinda looks like old Rod Parsley had better dig deep in his bill-fold and send me some seed money!
Anon

Columbus, OH

#41 Dec 16, 2009
I wonder why the $3 million settlement wasn't paid out of the liability insurance that all day care centers are required to carry.
does not matter

Columbus, OH

#42 Dec 16, 2009
Joan wrote:
Maybe this "demonically inspired financial attack" is actually intervention by a just God.
AMEN!!!!! Maybe he should sell his private jet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiberi Quits Congress 2 hr Male 43
News Read the letter to Crew SC fans from owner Anth... 3 hr Big Johnson 26
News Ohio News Notebook 3 hr fat tired old and... 3
The Hill: FBI Finds Evidence of Russian Bribery... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 49
News Teen boy in stable condition after East Side sh... 4 hr No freedom wo dis... 2
News Girl shot in the back on Columbus' Near East Side 5 hr Reality Speaks 5
News a oePennilessa defendant carrying 4 grand 5 hr shadow_hunter 2
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 17 hr Free at last 336

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages