Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The Rev. Rod Parsley, megapastor and televangelist, has issued a desperate plea for money, telling his flock that he is facing a "demonically inspired financial attack" that is threatening his ministry.
Comments
1 - 20 of 757 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2014
First Prev
of 38
Next Last
Thinker

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Why does the Dispatch keep quoting the child who says he was spanked with knifw when everyone agrees it did not happen? Sensationalism?
Jerry

Independence, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Looks like Ole Rod is finally getting his due. The guy is a fraud and crook!
TOM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Hope the Reverend Rod gets called home and soon.
Anony

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

"demonically inspired financial attack"

Interesting choice of words there, Parsley. It sort of sounds like Flip Wilson from the 1970s: "The devil made me do it!"

Lame. Lame. Lame. This is not the kind of church I think I'd want to be associated with.
Joan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Maybe this "demonically inspired financial attack" is actually intervention by a just God.
Go figure

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Maybe The Rev Rod needs the money, maybe he needs to cut back on his personal lifestyle. How many true ministers of God need a million dollar house to live in, guess it's time to downsize. Last time I saw the show was when he proclaim a gentleman free of HIV/AIDS through prayer, guess he wants to keep this a secret from the CDC unless he can get a handout to keep on the air. If a true man of
god knew how to save the lives of many and the babies he would not keep it to himself, or was it a promotional stunt to get money?
R Woehler

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Maybe if he wouldn't drive $50,000.00 cars and live in a $300,000.00 home. And be more "humble" as in the bible He would'nt need all that money. Jesus and his desiples gave up all worldly wealth.
R I P Rod

Whitehouse, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

"demonically inspired financial attack"???

Maybe it's really a message from God ....
James

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

What exactly did the devil steal?? And was it caught on surveillance camera?? What a joke!
Reader

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Thinker wrote:
Why does the Dispatch keep quoting the child who says he was spanked with knifw when everyone agrees it did not happen? Sensationalism?
Apparently someone disagrees with you to the tune of a $3.1 million settlement. Which, BTW, is why it was included in the article.
flock him

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Ragin' Rod should take a page out of Oral Roberts' book and tell his fleeced flock that God told Rod he would call him home if the people didn't hand over the money. Stand and deliver, flock. If you don't, it just proves you are controlled by Lucifer.
Michael

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Why doesn't Rod reach into his own pockets? He's lined them with his followers money in the past - now he should return the favor.
Patti

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Pastor Rod may just have to give up his $900 suits and his luxury home to support his ministry. I think he must have gotten some divine intervention from Oral Roberts' death. Remember when he told his followers if they didn't donate money for his health center that God would call him home?
BethOhio

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

I can't believe this article refers to him as a "megapastor". More like a mega-fraud!!!
savemerod

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

doesn't this church own a helicopter? praise jesus send me money!!! what a bunch of loons. big money churches give religion a bad name. pastors driving BMWs, flying in helicopters. yet people still hand them their hard earned money.
PcH

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

I can think of nothing more just than that whole place going bankrupt.
D Arnoff

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Pastors like you keep poor people out of church. But we Are truely rich because we are covered in the blood of the Lamb.
glennx

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

fools that believe parsley should pay his bail money later on
Georgieo

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Where is the FAITH? If it is GODS VISION HE (GOD) WIL PROVIDE THE PROVISION!!!!!
Mark

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Why does ANYONE go to that church? It's called "theology" people. Look into it. Try reading some Rob Bell or Donald Miller. Then pick a church based on doing the work of this guy named Jesus, not a guy named Rod.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 38
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,355
The Sarah Salin Channel 18 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 4
22 People Indicted As Part Of Columbus To Ports... 27 min Collins 3
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 40 min They cannot kill a Spook 63
Do you agree with Eric Holder that criticism of... 46 min They cannot kill a Spook 53
Michael Feldman from - Whad'ya Know?' talks abo... 49 min Big Johnson 1
Trump Says Obama "Biggest Liar I Know" 49 min They cannot kill a Spook 5
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 50 min Concerned Brother 840
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••