of 4
Next Last

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#63 Jun 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are called to hate the sin that God hates, and to demonstrate the path to freedom from that sin through faith in Jesus Christ.
You know, tip, that calls for some convoluted logic that seems to evade man.

IOW--it is no sin to BE gay, but it is a sin, if gay, to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex that one loves.

Now that kind of distinction requires some tricky thinking. First off, it requires intimate knowledge of the sexual relations of people we know who are gay--something we don't typically inquire of among our friends who are straight. And frankly, it is a distinction that I don't see many willing to attempt. They fall into hating those who are gay--whether they are "sinning" (or having relations) or not, presumably on the grounds that they will, or simply because they cannot meaningfully act on such a distinction.

Do you go around asking people that you know who are gay if they are engaging in relations? Do you advise them that you love them just as God created them, but wish them to steer clear of intimacy because God has created in them this conundrum?

How, exactly, does that play out, in real life?

Location hidden

#64 Jun 11, 2013
Burka over my dead body wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was RELIGIOUS
IT'S A SITE THAT UPDATES ALL THE DEVESTATION THE MUSLIMS ARE CAUSING ALL AROUND THE
W O R L D!
Open your eyes...do you not see the havoc they are causing? You're either a Muslim, a Muslim lover or dense.
Whatever.....
I believe that you offered it when I asked about where you have studied Islam, which is a religion.

Location hidden

#65 Jun 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW--it is no sin to BE gay, but it is a sin, if gay, to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex that one loves.
Now that kind of distinction requires some tricky thinking. First off, it requires intimate knowledge of the sexual relations of people we know who are gay--something we don't typically inquire of among our friends who are straight. And frankly, it is a distinction that I don't see many willing to attempt. They fall into hating those who are gay--whether they are "sinning" (or having relations) or not, presumably on the grounds that they will, or simply because they cannot meaningfully act on such a distinction.
Do you go around asking people that you know who are gay if they are engaging in relations? Do you advise them that you love them just as God created them, but wish them to steer clear of intimacy because God has created in them this conundrum?
Convoluted logic that seems to evade MANY--not man.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#66 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Convoluted logic that seems to evade MANY--not man.

How does that work 4 ya and well, U know.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#67 Jun 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as...

...an unmarried woman with sexual inclinations toward any man is prohibited by God from pursuing those sinful inclinations.

...a married woman with sexual inclinations toward men other than her husband is prohibited by God from pursuing those sinful inclinations.

Do you counsel her otherwise?
If not, why not?

She is experiencing what she deems to be natural sexual desires.
How dare you or God condemn her for acting out on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 28 min BIzzyBee II 6,408
horrific last-lap accident at Daytona 31 min BIzzyBee II 3
Republicans are Fun 39 min REAL American 147
A Tennessee store put up a "no gays allowed" si... 2 hr Ecossais 66
Bill Cosby (Democrat) Guilty 2 hr Reality Speaks 5
News Ohio lawmakers push to take down the Confederat... 2 hr Ecossais 6
CDC official called Obama ‘Marxist,’ ‘Amateur’ ... 3 hr Ecossais 3
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages