Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Bending over...farther, farther...it will never be enough.

http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandross/2013/06/...

Airport's Garage now Muslim House of Worship

by Matier & Ross, SF Chronicle

Here’s a sign of the changing times -- Muslim cabbies now have their very own place at San Francisco International Airport to wash their hands and feet before they pray.

Under Islamic law, Muslims are required to pray five times a day -- a ritual that also calls for a ceremonial cleansing.

For many cab drivers, that’s meant either lugging bottled water around or using one of the bathrooms inside the terminal to wash -- a practice not always welcomed by airport passengers.

So Royal Cab driver Hasan Khan, 52, a Pakistani immigrant, collected some 300 signatures from fellow cabbies, urging the airport to give them their own cleansing station.

Airport brass obliged -- and the wash equipment was installed on the ground floor of the main garage, right next to where the drivers congregate for their breaks.

“The way we look at it…this was in the interest of maintaining a good relationship with ground transportation providers,’’ says airport spokesman Doug Yakel.

As for using public resources?

Yakel says the costs were nominal, with the work done by in-house plumbers.

As for Khan, he recognizes not everyone might appreciate the religious accommodation. But then he points out that Christians generally pray at church on Sundays -- while for him and his fellow working Muslims, the ritual is woven into their daily routine.

Royal Cab driver Hasan Khan washes at cleansing station furnished by the airport.

Royal Cab driver Hasan Khan washes at cleansing station furnished by the airport.

And from the looks of things, they’re grateful.

“We are very happy,’’ said Ahmed Algazali, 49, a fellow driver from Yemen as he prepared to join Khan for a late-afternoon garage prayer.

For more M&R -- including former Mayor Art Agnos’ debate challenge to Mayor Ed Lee and the fight President Obama’s dinner host is having with surfers in Half Moon Bay -- read here.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Major airports have been systematically infiltrated by the Muzzies...service workers, cab facilities, TSA personnel, baggage handlers...
Flying in the United States has been reduced to a necessary evil for any thinking, freedom loving American.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

I checked into the ongoing Chapel facilities at San Fran airport, since most airports have some kind of religious accommodation area available to some or all religious groups. I found this rather interesting article ruminating on changes in that reality, for a variety of reasons.

Most interesting comment was the following:
"There’s a conservative Internet thread that balks to find chapels mostly serving Muslims, evidence of “creeping Sharia,” these claimants say.(But who deserted the chapels first? I want to ask. Who actually went in and took the time to pray?)"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/goodletters/2012...

Excellent question to ask.

“animis opibusque parati”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
I checked into the ongoing Chapel facilities at San Fran airport, since most airports have some kind of religious accommodation area available to some or all religious groups. I found this rather interesting article ruminating on changes in that reality, for a variety of reasons.
Most interesting comment was the following:
"There’s a conservative Internet thread that balks to find chapels mostly serving Muslims, evidence of “creeping Sharia,” these claimants say.(But who deserted the chapels first? I want to ask. Who actually went in and took the time to pray?)"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/goodletters/2012...
Excellent question to ask.
Take your moral relativism and shove it.
Christianity does not maintain its membership by threat of death.
In other words, Islam is no religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Christianity has NEVER "maintained membership" by threat of death?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Christianity has NEVER "maintained membership" by threat of death?
I'm saying Islam has ALWAYS maintained its membership by threat of death.
It's written right in their Qu'rock of Qu'rap.

Islam: 6th Century Forever!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just eternity in a lake of fire.
Well, there was the Spanish Inquisition.

Not to mention the Salem Witch Trials.

Not to mention the odd preacher who believes in things like rounding up gays and leaving them in a barbed wire enclosure to die (on the presumption that they are not Christian).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proclaiming that Islam is no religion is just a handy way to avoid dealing with the Constitutional issues of trying to ban a religion in the US.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Proclaiming that Islam is no religion is just a handy way to avoid dealing with the Constitutional issues of trying to ban a religion in the US.
Any clear-thinking American understands that the tenets of Islam, as confirmed by the Quran and Hadiths, are in direct conflict with the personal liberties guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

Pretending they are not does make it so.
Isn't it time for your fourth prayer session?

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam Is Not A Religion, It Is Foreign Law

The time has come to question if Islam is protected under our First Amendment rights to freedom of religion. Yes, everyone in America has the right to freedom of religion, but Islam is not a religion. Religious faith is only a part of Islam. The rest is a socially engineered society with its own laws and customs that seriously conflict with American law.

Is Great Britain a religion because they have the Church of England? Of course not. Britain has an established charter, civil and criminal laws, and a society that respects those laws. Islam has the Qur’an that provides the governing charter, complete with laws, punishment, and social behavior for its people in addition to its religious teachings. If Islam is a religion, then Britain is also.

We must recognize that religion is only one aspect of Islam‘s Qur’an. The rest of this charter advances ideas, social behavior, and laws that are in direct conflict with American and western laws and values. Teddy Roosevelt once said that to live in America, immigrants must have undivided loyalty to America and to no one else. How is that possible for Muslims who swear loyalty to Islam where their governing laws are found in the Qur‘an?

What legitimate religion would demand that its members either kill or convert people of other faiths? What legitimate religion is intent on imposing its own laws on the rest of the entire world? If Islam were just about praying to Allah and worshiping Mohammed and nothing more, we would not be having a problem with Islamism and Islamic terrorists. Islam has a global mission to take over and run the world according to Islamic Shariah law. How can we call that a religion?

What legitimate religion in this country comes with its own civil laws that take precedence over national, state, and local laws? No, Islam is not a religion. It is a governing doctrine that not only dictates religious beliefs, but also social behavior that includes laws, penalties and punishments, not by God, but by people if the laws are not obeyed. Islam is a form of government, not a religion. It does not belong here. We already have government under our Constitution (sort of).

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there was the Spanish Inquisition.
Not to mention the Salem Witch Trials.
Not to mention the odd preacher who believes in things like rounding up gays and leaving them in a barbed wire enclosure to die (on the presumption that they are not Christian).
Did Jesus endorse any of the above actions?
Because Mohammed and his allah heartily endorse the killing of infidels...from the 6th century to present.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Mohammed and his allah heartily endorse the killing of infidels...from the 6th century to present.
great point!!!!
Burka over my dead body

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Some of the posts I read, blow my mind. The ignorance and stupidity regarding Muslims is mind boggling.
They are here to claim this country, as they have already infiltrated Europe.

Wake up people. Take the blinders off.
Being politically correct is bringing this country to its knees.
And no one is doing anything to stop the insanity.

I am afraid for my children , and their children and their children.
This is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly.

They are already in our governments throughout the country. Do your homework!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those who carried them out thought so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Burka over my dead body wrote:
Some of the posts I read, blow my mind. The ignorance and stupidity regarding Muslims is mind boggling.
They are here to claim this country, as they have already infiltrated Europe.
Wake up people. Take the blinders off.
Being politically correct is bringing this country to its knees.
And no one is doing anything to stop the insanity.
I am afraid for my children , and their children and their children.
This is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly.
They are already in our governments throughout the country. Do your homework!
You have some background in comparative religions, or just believe the stuff you see on the internet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those who carried them out thought so.
Your opinion was not the subject of the discussion.
The Muslim allah and his prophet [far be it from allah to have a "son"] demand the submission and/or killing of infidels.

Jesus does not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some background in comparative religions, or just believe the stuff you see on the internet?
Keep pretending the Quran and Hadiths are peaceful.
Their followers will keep proving you wrong.
Burka over my dead body

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the facts of what's going on in the world....maybe you will learn something.....
Gatestoneinstitute.org
You are naive about Muslims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Burka over my dead body wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the facts of what's going on in the world....maybe you will learn something.....
Gatestoneinstitute.org
You are naive about Muslims.
Reader is not naive.
She knows and approves.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Sounds like you guys prefer they wash their nastyass feet in the sinks. What a bunch of sickos!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Reality Speaks 29,122
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 46 min sidekick 18
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 1 hr Reality Speaks 81
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr Reality Speaks 158
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Reality Speaks 2,898
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 3 hr Andrew Nice Day 8
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr not 2,214
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 16 hr Heaven Leigh 2,217
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••