Man Shot, Killed By Police On North S...

Man Shot, Killed By Police On North Side | WBNS-10TV, Central O...

There are 282 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Man Shot, Killed By Police On North Side | WBNS-10TV, Central O.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Officers responding to a domestic dispute call late Wednesday night were forced to shoot and kill a man after he made a threatening move toward them with a gun, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
questionmark

Lancaster, OH

#1 Apr 1, 2010
Well, another two shootings in last night in Columbus.
This year the news read like we have little Baghdad here right in Ohio.

There will be a stricter gun-law in heaven.
rce

Harveysburg, OH

#3 Apr 1, 2010
questionmark wrote:
Well, another two shootings in last night in Columbus.
This year the news read like we have little Baghdad here right in Ohio.
There will be a stricter gun-law in heaven.
be ready- it's going to get much worse nationwide.
ShamWow

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 1, 2010
These bad guys should have got the message. The cops are tired of being targets. You draw on a cop you'll die. The police have the right to go home to their family also. So far the score is bad guys zero. Cops 10. Cops win.

Since: Mar 10

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 1, 2010
Thank you CPD.
Hugh Jass

Madison, AL

#8 Apr 1, 2010
I am sure he was a good boy that was turning his life around and didn't mean any harm in waving a gun around.

Since: Jan 10

Grove City

#9 Apr 1, 2010
Only good criminal is a dead criminal!
questionmark

Lancaster, OH

#10 Apr 1, 2010
Jugger wrote:
Wow, double shooting with one dead in Worthington and police shoot and kill one on the North side.
Looks like the North Side has become as bad as the West side.
Everyone needs to get a gun and their CCW.
An armed society is a polite society.
It's not better on the East Side.
JDD

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 1, 2010
Got to love this side of town. Scary place to be. Used to be wonderful but now in decline. Scary isn't it.
boo hoo

Beverly, OH

#16 Apr 1, 2010
Ugottabekiddingme wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe they ran out of ammo with the cut backs and everything. As for those who judged my earlier comment about the mayor and city council, you better wake up, this town is going to hell with no real leadership abating crime. The facts don't lie, your leaders have failed to make Columbus a safe place any more. God bless our first reponders.
What til the redistricting takes affect, how many officers will this area lose to another part of town because the "leaders" won't hire anyone?
Angela Coey

Hilliard, OH

#17 Apr 1, 2010
I'm reading more and more about cpd shooting someone, as a matter of fact its everyday. The cpd always say, they were threating me with a gun.
jeffwc

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 1, 2010
JDD wrote:
Got to love this side of town. Scary place to be. Used to be wonderful but now in decline. Scary isn't it.
When was it 'wonderful'? 1960 ?
kiama

Pickerington, OH

#20 Apr 1, 2010
boo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot that he has a mental issue and the family will say the cops should have talked to him first.
he probabuly would have lived and he put have came home alive and those police men took his life away and his family must be going through it all....
cowlumbus

Dublin, OH

#21 Apr 1, 2010
jeffwc wrote:
<quoted text>
It was great in the 80's till about 98.

“Learn to think for yourselves!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#22 Apr 1, 2010
questionmark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not better on the East Side.
Doesn't matter which side you live on anymore. Deadly force is now the norm folks if you want to survive get your CCW's

Since: Dec 09

Dublin, OH

#23 Apr 1, 2010

It was nice before Northland went down hill because of Easton and nobody cared what would happen. The owner wanted tax cuts so he could fill the vacant space left by the retailers leaving for Easton...pretty much what happened to City Center in a way, though not completely. The area is riddled now with crime and there's little patrol going on in the area. It seems as if the areas that need more police presence are the last ones to receive it...perhaps even the 50 are scared as well.
Angela Coey

Hilliard, OH

#24 Apr 1, 2010
kiama wrote:
<quoted text> he probabuly would have lived and he put have came home alive and those police men took his life away and his family must be going through it all....
Police don't look at the fact someone has mental health issues. HOW SAD!!! HE PROBUBLY WOULD HAVE CAME HOME ALIVE HAD THE CPD DONE THAT!!!! However they shot first. So,so sad for eveyone

“Sadly it is what it is.”

Since: Nov 09

Toonville

#25 Apr 1, 2010
krista wrote:
All these ghetto complexes need to be condemed and bulldozed.
Then polaris becomes the war/crime/getto zone.
Cols OH resident

Cleveland, OH

#26 Apr 1, 2010
My father is a retired Police Detective so I am very supportive of the police and their safety. Thankfully, my father always came home. BUT people, there was a life lost here. Ok to have comments but consider for a moment that this was someone's son, brother, dad. What if this happened to a friend's family member (cause I know this couldn't happen to any of you righteous people)? Lost lives is still sad. May God comfort his family during their loss.
nyboo

Galion, OH

#27 Apr 1, 2010
i know who this person is he is my cousin and i found out at 7:30am and i cryed all day......
interested

Blacklick, OH

#28 Apr 1, 2010
Angela Coey wrote:
<quoted text>
Police don't look at the fact someone has mental health issues. HOW SAD!!! HE PROBUBLY WOULD HAVE CAME HOME ALIVE HAD THE CPD DONE THAT!!!! However they shot first. So,so sad for eveyone
Well when he pulls a gun, which he has already been shooting, the options are kinda limited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sean Hannity 14 min Free Pizza 4 U 868
Are Whites A Minority In Columbus? 1 hr Foxnews 8
News Columbus to pay $30,000 to man stomped by polic... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 19
News BrewDog opens watering hole in Franklinton Upda... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 183
Plasma donation 3 hr Reality Speaks 10
News When pharmacy-benefit manager cuts put lives in... 3 hr Reality Speaks 5

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages