Town pays Nugent 16K to NOT show up

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Mar 24, 2014
Just in case you thought all the crazies out there support the lunacy of Ted Nugent....of course, Sarah Palin still wants to have his baby!!

This Town Paid Ted Nugent $16,000 To NOT Appear At A Local Event
The Huffington Post by Paige Lavender
Posted: 03/21/2014 4:33 pm EDT Updated: 03/21/2014 4:59 pm EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/ted-...

Rocker Ted Nugent just made big bucks to not show up somewhere.

The town of Longview, Texas paid Nugent $16,000 to not appear at the town's Fourth of July Festival. According to KLTV, a city spokesman said Nugent was "not the right feel for this kind of community event."

The city had reached a verbal agreement with Nugent, scheduling the rocker as the headliner who would play inside the Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center during the town's Independence Day celebration. To break that agreement, the town paid Nugent half of his guaranteed performance fee of $32,000 from Maude Cobb's annual budget.

The move comes amid criticism of comments Nugent made about President Barack Obama in January 2014, calling him a "subhuman mongrel." Nugent, who campaigned with Texas Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott amid the controversy, apologized for those comments in February.

Abbott said he was moving on from the controversy over Nugent in late February, but his ties to the rocker remain a prominent talking point of both sides of the governor's race. Abbott's rival, Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), called the Attorney General's embrace of Nugent an "insult," while former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (R) cited the rocker in her endorsement of Abbott.

"If he is good enough for Ted Nugent, he is good enough for me!" Palin wrote on her Facebook page.
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Mar 24, 2014
and what exactly would the left be afraid of ???? A has been guitar player or a failed Alaska governor/VP candidate.....get real!!!
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Mar 24, 2014
Yep, I'm a-readin'!!!!

Failed governor and candidate Sarah Palin calls Obama a failure
By SUSAN WALKER - Capitol Hill Blue
March 18, 2013

Failed Alaska Governor and equally-failed 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin took the stage of the annual gathering of right-wing failures — the Conservative Police Action Conference — over the weekend to call President Barack Obama a lair and delivered a tired speech of one-liners to a group that hoops and hollers a lot but makes little difference to the party.

“Barack Obama promised the most transparent administration ever,” sneered Palin, who ran into trouble with her own coverups while serving as Alaska governor.“Barack Obama, you lie.”

Palin resigned from office before her first and only term as governor ended. He tenure in office was tinged with scandal, investigations and charges of double-dealing and false statements.

For example, while running for vice president, Palin claimed she “was cleared” in the “troopergate” scandal that accused her of illegally using influence to dismiss a state police official. In fact, she was not cleared and never was.

CPAC is viewed by Republican party main streamers as a gathering of extremists and hardcore activists who represent what some see as the root of the party’s problems and cause of a stream of election losses.

Palin, however, urged the group to stop any attempts to change the focus of the failed party.

“We’re not here to put a fresh coat of rhetorical paint on our party,” Palin said.“We’re not here to abandon our principles in a contest of government giveaways. That’s a game we will never, ever win. We’re here to restore America.”

Since failing in the 2008 Presidential campaign and then resigning from office, Palin has gone from one failure to another, including a TV series idea that didn’t work and a gig at Fox News that ended in dismissal.

She aimed some of her criticism at political strategists like Karl Rove, once described as “Bush’s brain” during her tenure with former President George W. Bush.

Rove’s response?“If I was elected to office I would finish my term,” he said.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 24, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
Yep, I'm a-readin'!!!!
Failed governor and candidate Sarah Palin calls Obama a failure
By SUSAN WALKER - Capitol Hill Blue
March 18, 2013
Failed Alaska Governor and equally-failed 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin took the stage of the annual gathering of right-wing failures — the Conservative Police Action Conference — over the weekend to call President Barack Obama a lair and delivered a tired speech of one-liners to a group that hoops and hollers a lot but makes little difference to the party.
“Barack Obama promised the most transparent administration ever,” sneered Palin, who ran into trouble with her own coverups while serving as Alaska governor.“Barack Obama, you lie.”
Palin resigned from office before her first and only term as governor ended. He tenure in office was tinged with scandal, investigations and charges of double-dealing and false statements.
For example, while running for vice president, Palin claimed she “was cleared” in the “troopergate” scandal that accused her of illegally using influence to dismiss a state police official. In fact, she was not cleared and never was.
CPAC is viewed by Republican party main streamers as a gathering of extremists and hardcore activists who represent what some see as the root of the party’s problems and cause of a stream of election losses.
Palin, however, urged the group to stop any attempts to change the focus of the failed party.
“We’re not here to put a fresh coat of rhetorical paint on our party,” Palin said.“We’re not here to abandon our principles in a contest of government giveaways. That’s a game we will never, ever win. We’re here to restore America.”
Since failing in the 2008 Presidential campaign and then resigning from office, Palin has gone from one failure to another, including a TV series idea that didn’t work and a gig at Fox News that ended in dismissal.
She aimed some of her criticism at political strategists like Karl Rove, once described as “Bush’s brain” during her tenure with former President George W. Bush.
Rove’s response?“If I was elected to office I would finish my term,” he said.
so your are jealous?

In Oklahoma recent primary....71% accepted Sarah Palin's endorsement for a Tea Party candidate, and voted for him to run on ticket.

Since 2008 Sarah Palin your assessed loser has out earned you by 14 lifetimes.
Duke for Mayor

Hilliard, OH

#7 Mar 24, 2014
I adore Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin. Besides, Huff Puff is not a credible news source.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Hilliard, OH

#8 Mar 24, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
and what exactly would the left be afraid of ???? A has been guitar player or a failed Alaska governor/VP candidate.....get real!!!
More like a failure as in Obama.

woof
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Mar 24, 2014
She's still a quitter; no matter who she stood up to, so what does that mean?
yeah baby yeah

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 24, 2014
The progressive filth pays women to not show up to be a full term and delivered-by-childbirth mother. The progressive filth, having nationalized the black population, pays it to not show up for parenting and subsequently pays them to bury their children.
One difference between Nugent and, say the president magical worthless kneegrow, is that Nugent actually intends to work.
Duke for Mayor

Hilliard, OH

#13 Mar 24, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
And Obama lied, more than once......

woof
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Mar 24, 2014
Well, I see the CRAZY brigade has weighed in ....
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#15 Mar 24, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
Do you spit or swallow?
Duke for Mayor

Hilliard, OH

#16 Mar 24, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17 Mar 25, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
women quit all the time.

women's choice?

look at the huge % of women who quit on pregnancy everyday.

What it means is Sarah Palin left the office of Governor.

Sarah Palin has higher approval rating than Obama by double.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 25, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
that occurred when you posted; and sanity cleared it up just now.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#19 Mar 25, 2014
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 25, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
Just in case you thought all the crazies out there support the lunacy of Ted Nugent....of course, Sarah Palin still wants to have his baby!!
This Town Paid Ted Nugent $16,000 To NOT Appear At A Local Event
The Huffington Post by Paige Lavender
Posted: 03/21/2014 4:33 pm EDT Updated: 03/21/2014 4:59 pm EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/ted-...
Rocker Ted Nugent just made big bucks to not show up somewhere.
The town of Longview, Texas paid Nugent $16,000 to not appear at the town's Fourth of July Festival. According to KLTV, a city spokesman said Nugent was "not the right feel for this kind of community event."
The city had reached a verbal agreement with Nugent, scheduling the rocker as the headliner who would play inside the Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center during the town's Independence Day celebration. To break that agreement, the town paid Nugent half of his guaranteed performance fee of $32,000 from Maude Cobb's annual budget.
The move comes amid criticism of comments Nugent made about President Barack Obama in January 2014, calling him a "subhuman mongrel." Nugent, who campaigned with Texas Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott amid the controversy, apologized for those comments in February.
Abbott said he was moving on from the controversy over Nugent in late February, but his ties to the rocker remain a prominent talking point of both sides of the governor's race. Abbott's rival, Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), called the Attorney General's embrace of Nugent an "insult," while former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (R) cited the rocker in her endorsement of Abbott.
"If he is good enough for Ted Nugent, he is good enough for me!" Palin wrote on her Facebook page.
who cares?

what does it matter?.........Hillary Clintoon 2013 quote.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#21 Mar 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
I adore Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin. Besides, Huff Puff is not a credible news source.
woof
HuffPo may be a bit National Lampoonish, but there is a kernel of truth in every story they post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 4 min TonyD2 76
chanukah hanukkah day 2 5 min They cannot kill ... 22
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 8 min TonyD2 466
Censoring Male. 16 min Catman Dave 12
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 24 min Blemhein LMAO 4,788
College football | Tom Herman introduced as Hou... 56 min hey now hey now 1
High schools: Harvest prep is slapped by OHSAA ... (May '11) 2 hr Michael 194
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 279
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 6 hr Big Papa Tea 333
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 11 hr White cop 27
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus