Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2013
Out Here Somewhere

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/27/news/economy/...

I'm sorry...what was that about health care, college education, etc. being funded in Europe and the United States needed to be more like them? Something about every other industrialized country can provide except the U.S.?
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Out Here Somewhere wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/2 7/news/economy/europe-austerit y/index.html
I'm sorry...what was that about health care, college education, etc. being funded in Europe and the United States needed to be more like them? Something about every other industrialized country can provide except the U.S.?
What about paying for the stuff you consume yourself, leech?
Out Here Somewhere

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What about paying for the stuff you consume yourself, leech?
Why would I post an article about Europe falling apart if I believed in being taken care of by the gubmint?
Hippo the CriteBob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What about paying for the stuff you consume yourself, leech?
How about you, hero? You are nothing but an arch hypocrite.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Out Here Somewhere wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/2 7/news/economy/europe-austerit y/index.html
I'm sorry...what was that about health care, college education, etc. being funded in Europe and the United States needed to be more like them? Something about every other industrialized country can provide except the U.S.?
Europe has freeloaded off of the US since 1945
Dope FKA Dope

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe has freeloaded off of the US since 1945
More dope from Topix's #1 dope.
Dope FKA Dope

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe has freeloaded off of the US since 1945
If you ever escaped the Akron corn silo you call home, you might know that most of Europe is living comfortably in the 21st Century while you dipsh!t Luddites are trying to drag the US of A back into the 19th with coal, oil, and stupidity.

You need to try the Travel Channel... get off FauxNews.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Dope FKA Dope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever escaped the Akron corn silo you call home, you might know that most of Europe is living comfortably in the 21st Century while you dipsh!t Luddites are trying to drag the US of A back into the 19th with coal, oil, and stupidity.
You need to try the Travel Channel... get off FauxNews.
http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore...

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/05/05/art...

http://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/200...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/0...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0qxzP-IbPvg/TuNcsOQ...

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/storage/Har... 's%20Place%20Ken%20at%20NLCM.j pg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION= 1332197121878
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dope FKA Dope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever escaped the Akron corn silo you call home, you might know that most of Europe is living comfortably in the 21st Century while you dipsh!t Luddites are trying to drag the US of A back into the 19th with coal, oil, and stupidity.
You need to try the Travel Channel... get off FauxNews.
Actually I've been all over Europe many times.

They are not in the great economic or social shape you claim them to be.

Their economy is on very shaky ground and many of their social systems are on the verge of collapse.

Also they pay a lot more taxes than we do and everyone pays. The US may be able to give out more services if it could afford to give more services, but since we are already in massive debt, I don't think we can afford more social programs. Now if everyone had to pay that 20-30% tax rate they do in Europe and a lot higher sales taxes on goods and services they consume then we might be able to afford the things Europe has.

We can't get there though if we are still giving our 3-6k in tax refunds to those who pay little to no taxes to the federal government and have several children and siphoning off more than their fair share in government services.

That's what just makes me shake my head when I hear people like you talk about Europe. You have no idea how much they pay in taxes compared to what we pay. We could afford the same programs if we made everyone pay more in taxes, but since no one wants to we are stuck with what we've got and for many paying nothing in taxes, getting free healthcare, and a huge refund each year to spend how they see fit seems to make most happy so I don't see it changing. You are welcome to move to Europe though if you like it there.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

It's true you know. Social systems are at a standstill. Blood runs freely in the streets.

Well, maybe not all that. Not yet, at least.

For the OP, I would politely point out that even in austerity measures UK, we've still got our government healthcare, which, as you've pointed out, most every developed nation does.

So far as the higher tax rate, I personally pay more than I did in the US but when I add up the benefits and their savings, it still seems like a pretty great deal (US taxes, health insurance and keeping up a car cost far more than UK taxes plus payment for subsidized public transport).

While I would love to see a different approach taken to the economic crisis, I think it may be a bit early to cry that the sky is falling. Though, I've heard Americans carrying on for the past few decades about how Europe is going to fall (always, any day now) so I don't suppose that it's going to fall out of fashion any time soon.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 28, 2013
 
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I've been all over Europe many times.
They are not in the great economic or social shape you claim them to be.
Their economy is on very shaky ground and many of their social systems are on the verge of collapse.
Also they pay a lot more taxes than we do and everyone pays. The US may be able to give out more services if it could afford to give more services, but since we are already in massive debt, I don't think we can afford more social programs. Now if everyone had to pay that 20-30% tax rate they do in Europe and a lot higher sales taxes on goods and services they consume then we might be able to afford the things Europe has.
We can't get there though if we are still giving our 3-6k in tax refunds to those who pay little to no taxes to the federal government and have several children and siphoning off more than their fair share in government services.
That's what just makes me shake my head when I hear people like you talk about Europe. You have no idea how much they pay in taxes compared to what we pay. We could afford the same programs if we made everyone pay more in taxes, but since no one wants to we are stuck with what we've got and for many paying nothing in taxes, getting free healthcare, and a huge refund each year to spend how they see fit seems to make most happy so I don't see it changing. You are welcome to move to Europe though if you like it there.
You also forget another point, which is that except in the most liberal reaches of Europe, even though people aren't overtly religious (meaning they don't go to church every Sunday), the lifestyles they lead tend to be fairly consistent with what churches teach. They are family oriented, the women don't act like they are hung, and people don't pattern their lives after Snooky, Honey Boo Boo and Kim Khardashian.

Sure, you have an element of Eurotrash there, but for the most part what you have are family oriented people, especially in Southern Europe.

That means at the end of the day, they don't really need the government ... but if someone wants to give them free stuff, they are more than willing to take it.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 28, 2013
 
Out Here Somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I post an article about Europe falling apart if I believed in being taken care of by the gubmint?
I thought you were another one of the ObamaWhiners agitating for more free stuff.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 28, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
It's true you know. Social systems are at a standstill. Blood runs freely in the streets.
Well, maybe not all that. Not yet, at least.
For the OP, I would politely point out that even in austerity measures UK, we've still got our government healthcare, which, as you've pointed out, most every developed nation does.
So far as the higher tax rate, I personally pay more than I did in the US but when I add up the benefits and their savings, it still seems like a pretty great deal (US taxes, health insurance and keeping up a car cost far more than UK taxes plus payment for subsidized public transport).
While I would love to see a different approach taken to the economic crisis, I think it may be a bit early to cry that the sky is falling. Though, I've heard Americans carrying on for the past few decades about how Europe is going to fall (always, any day now) so I don't suppose that it's going to fall out of fashion any time soon.
As stupid as Osbourne and Clegg are, they are doing better than France.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 28, 2013
 
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
As stupid as Osbourne and Clegg are, they are doing better than France.
Osbourne and Clegg aren't driving this thing (at least not till the next election). Cameron is still heading the boat. Which is a bit of a shame, he seems to be going out of his way to screw up the few issues that apply directly to me. I can't really see how they could stay in power (short of Scotland leaving first) but I think he'll push through a few really key bits of work this year that'll leave him a pretty comfortable legacy!

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 28, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Osbourne and Clegg aren't driving this thing (at least not till the next election). Cameron is still heading the boat. Which is a bit of a shame, he seems to be going out of his way to screw up the few issues that apply directly to me. I can't really see how they could stay in power (short of Scotland leaving first) but I think he'll push through a few really key bits of work this year that'll leave him a pretty comfortable legacy!
Cameroon appears to be not saying much regarding budgets and unemployment, which is what I was comparing to France.

The UK has cut some taxes, raised others. France has cut nothing and raised taxes.

I surmise "Cable" would be the better person to say rather than Clegg.

Scotland is unlikely to leave, polls indicate that independence will be voted down, but they will demand more powers afterwards.

Ed, Ed and Dave will complete the circling of the drain in 2015, It will be fun watching it there before it comes here!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cameroon appears to be not saying much regarding budgets and unemployment, which is what I was comparing to France.
The UK has cut some taxes, raised others. France has cut nothing and raised taxes.
I surmise "Cable" would be the better person to say rather than Clegg.
Scotland is unlikely to leave, polls indicate that independence will be voted down, but they will demand more powers afterwards.
Ed, Ed and Dave will complete the circling of the drain in 2015, It will be fun watching it there before it comes here!
Seriously? Everyone from Cameron to the Queen have been going almost nonstop about the budget and austerity for the past few months.

Scotland's been fairly tight (I don't think they want to leave any more than we can afford to let them leave) but I think that if the 2017 referendum comes up (which, really, again, it shouldn't) there is no way that Scotland won't split and stay with Europe.

Yeah, I've seen decades of Americans chortling about how Europe is falling. As the bloc just keeps developing, I'll waiting for this doomsday prediction to fall with as much trepidation as the others.
Do you believe he said

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 28, 2013
 
This is what Barack Insane Obama wants for America.

Typical liberal traitor.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 28, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Everyone from Cameron to the Queen have been going almost nonstop about the budget and austerity for the past few months.
Scotland's been fairly tight (I don't think they want to leave any more than we can afford to let them leave) but I think that if the 2017 referendum comes up (which, really, again, it shouldn't) there is no way that Scotland won't split and stay with Europe.
Yeah, I've seen decades of Americans chortling about how Europe is falling. As the bloc just keeps developing, I'll waiting for this doomsday prediction to fall with as much trepidation as the others.
In order for the EU referendum to happen, Cameroon must win a majority in 2015.

That isn't going to happen. Preacher Ted has a better chance of becoming governor again.

Preacher Ted... isn't running.

When Milipede wins in 2015, the referendum will be cancelled.

You have several bankrupt nations in Europe, you can't get your fertility rates to replacement level, even with rampant Islamic immigration, your military can't do a thing without US support, your energy is all Russian, windmills won't cut it.

The EU will be buried in 10 years.

Pick the new slavemaster: Putin or Achmed

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 28, 2013
 

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for the EU referendum to happen, Cameroon must win a majority in 2015.
That isn't going to happen. Preacher Ted has a better chance of becoming governor again.
Preacher Ted... isn't running.
When Milipede wins in 2015, the referendum will be cancelled.
You have several bankrupt nations in Europe, you can't get your fertility rates to replacement level, even with rampant Islamic immigration, your military can't do a thing without US support, your energy is all Russian, windmills won't cut it.
The EU will be buried in 10 years.
Pick the new slavemaster: Putin or Achmed
Oh, you're that same batty guy from before. Welcome back!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,435
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 8 hr Truth 2,281
RIP Ashley Stevens 10 hr Sissy 1
The Michael Brown Case 10 hr Duke for Mayor 49
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr d pantz 3,183
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 11 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 12 hr Male 259

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••