Ohio State To Get $100M Gift | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS

The Ohio State University will receive the largest monetary gift in its history on Wednesday.
Comments
81 - 96 of 96 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Disgruntled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

You guys really have no idea, do you actually realize that if it wasn't for his workers that he wouldnt be much of nothing, did you know that his workers only get a 30 cent raise a year, did you know that jc penneys and gap pays more than he does. How do I know you may be asking, well I work for him and we are worked to the bone, benefits are absolutely horrible and he doesnt give a crap about any of his workers. They think we are robots. It is all about numbers there and they couldnt give a crap about how much time you spend in the warehouse busting your rump while they sit back in their mansions and yachts
GoBux

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Disgruntled,

If you know JCPenny and GAP pay more.... why don't you apply for a job there instead of sitting there complaining about the working environment? Why do you continue to serve a company or person whom you despise?

Do you think complaining about it on here is going to fix the situation? You have to take the initiative.
oh good

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

LivUrOwnLyfe wrote:
What a freaking waste...I could think of plenty of places in this city that actually needed that money (Childrens & Ronald Mcdonald House, James Cancer hospital, Grants towards future educations, Stimulus...)
I have a better idea. He gives you a couple hundred dollars so you can learn to read.
Celina

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Another arrogant zillionaire showing off how he over charges at his retail establishments. Charging $30.00 for a bottle of soap and only paying his employees $7.25 an hour to work their butts off. Oh, sorry sometimes if you buy 5 bottles you would get one at half off. Always bragging about his money like Oparah, they must get off on this. OSU really needs the money!! Or does Lessly really need the write off. Front page in the Dispatch,totally disgusting!!
A little jealous, are you?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Disgruntled wrote:
<quoted text>
WEll your wrong i work there and he could not give a crap about his employees
Then find a new job. Easy as that. The military is hiring. They'll pay for your food AND a place to live. Whiners.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

LivUrOwnLyfe wrote:
What a freaking waste...I could think of plenty of places in this city that actually needed that money (Childrens & Ronald Mcdonald House, James Cancer hospital, Grants towards future educations, Stimulus...)
Oh my. Before you spout off your "opinion", maybe you should read the details of the article a little more carefully. That money DID go to The James.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Erica783 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. Before you spout off your "opinion", maybe you should read the details of the article a little more carefully. That money DID go to The James.
That's what you people are here for...to read the articles for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Okay. He's done a good thing...still doesn't make up for the wrong he has done.
buckeyeredhead

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

This man built his wealth from nothing, yet those with entitlement mentality seem to think he needs to give it to those with your like mindset...he can give his money to whomever he darn well chooses! if you don't like it, go make several million and give it to your choice of beneficiaries - don't judge by how much one makes, but buy how much they give back....btw...what percentage of YOUR income have you given away to benefit others? hmmm.....thought so.
i am a knitter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Djones wrote:
Why are people upset over what wexner does with HIS money. Half of the people here with negative comments have probably never even spared change to a homeless person. Its extremely generous to do what he did. And even If he gave 100 million to a knitting association, it's his money!
Why bring knitters into this? what did knitters do to you? make your preemie a cradle cap to help keep warm? give a project linus blanket to your abused child? make a turban for your mom undergoing chemo? you are a tard!
Sharon Tenaglia

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

I wish he could have given Columbus State Community College some money.
girly girl

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

I have spent a lot of money in his stores over the years, and I'm glad to see that he is giving his profits to a good cause.

For those of you who are complaining and calling him selfish, grow up.
Peggy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Mr.Wexner is a good and decent man. I think what he has done is wonderful. He is a blessing to people and that is why God blesses him. You can't beat The Lord in giving. Thanks to Mr Wexner.
cidem

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Peggy tell that to all the homeless people and those who have no health insurance and cannot get their medication.I know many firemen, police officers, and EMS who serve some with no pay and they get NO credit. Not right in my book. Again why not help the schools ans shelters. I believe he is smart enough to see the crisis.
Alex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

every body are bad not just latin people.
Raj Chanani at Earth

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Hello Humans of Planet Earth,

I can say this.....

The carpet made by the children of India is very expensive. Very creative. Lots of colorful patterns. Great job.$1000 dollars.

The carpet made by the children of Iran is very expensive. Very ingenious. Lots of colorful patterns. Excellent work.$5000 dollars.

The carpet made by the adults of America is very expensive. The cotton, nylon, clothing. I mean Wow. Lots of hard work went into it. Great job.$2000 dollars.

The installation was more. The workers must be paid for their hard work.

The books made by the book makers of America. Incredibly expensive folks. I mean the paper, ink, glue, binding, writing, authors and stuff. I did read most of the books then I set the books on fire. I went ahead and buried the ashes in a hole several feet deep. Some manure, seeds, water and then a tree grew there.

The books made by the book makers of India. Very rare and expensive. I did read most of the books and then went ahead and burnt most of the books in a bonfire. I once again, buried the ashes in a hole several feet deep. Some dirt, seeds, water and waiting for trees to grow there.

The books made by the book maker of Europe. Very expensive people. I mean the paper, ink, glue, binding, writing and other stuff. I went ahead and read most of the books. I threw many of the books in the trash can. I burnt the rest of the books....

I bought many shirts, pants, teeshirts, underwear, shorts, ties, socks, suits and other related items. The clothing was made in Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Mongolia, Vietnam, China, America and other nations. I want to congratulate the people of the world for doing this hard work for me. I did pay them with Dollars, you know printed money. I think printed money worth something right now, as long as I am able to spend it. Otherwise, I will burn most of it in a big bonfire.

I did buy some gold, silver, emerald, ruby, diamonds in America, India and World. I am not sure what precious metals and stones are worth. I am sure that the hard work of the majdoor is worth something. I think we need to work on Halo {Joti, Life force, Odic force, Chi} instead.

I did eat and drink at Taco Bell, Little Ceases, Pizza Hut, Subway, Seven Eleven, Liquor Mart, Elephants Bar, Burger King, Domino Pizza, Stuff Pizza, McDonalds, India Sweets and Spices, Jay Bharat, Rajdhani, Chicken Madras, India Hotel and Restaurant, Dhaba, Oriental Restaurant, London Restaurant, London Pub, Juhu Hotel, El Torito, Starbucks, Black Restaurant, White Restaurant and other restaurants. I felt the food was very delicious and well made. I think the restaurant was well maintained and kept clean. I felt that the service was prompt and friendly. I did have trouble a few times.

I can't afford to eat out anymore. I buy food at the food store. Then I cook potatoes, tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn, salt, oil with water, juice or cola. I do eat lots of other things though this is more common for me. There is always more....

The people came to me in my dreams and said the carpets, books, cloths, restaurants are very expensive. I agree. It's a lot of hard work. I don't buy so many carpets, books, cloths anymore. I don't go to the restaurant as often anymore. Sales volume is down. Work hour is reduced. Great job everybody.

Thank You,

Raj Chanani (Human Animal Nature)(Human Man Brown Desi Atatarian {Information Technology Worker} Marwari Hindi English Torrancer Californian American Smoker Taurus Humanist Earther)(40 years old, 150 pounds, 5'9" tall)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 25 min ino 29,426
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr repent 2,224
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 1 hr Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Male 2,948
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 38
Students wear burqas in Texas High School 2 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 2 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 13 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••