Ohio State To Get $100M Gift | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS

The Ohio State University will receive the largest monetary gift in its history on Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Im just sayin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

OSU needs to thank the hard working poorly paid employees and temps that have been abused for years so this man could amass a fortune to share with OSU instead of paying a living wage and benefits.
Tuition

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

That's nice, but do you think that OSU will leave tuition alone, no. It will go up, even thought they could redirect some money to keep student cost down.
Bill

Plain City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

What the hell, like OSU needs that money. He could give 100 people 1 million dollars and change there lives forever. Or, if you wanted to spread it out, 10000 people could get 10000. That would really help some people. I guess you couldn't write that off as a tax gift though huh, what a waste.
TAXPAYER

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Must be tough to be Les Wexner.
american first

Thornville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

may be he should have spent that$ onsecurity at easton to combat gang activity
Bill

Plain City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Maybe he should hire back all the people he laid off

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/business/sto...
Richard

West Jefferson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

I think it is a wonderful thing to do and The Ohio State University and people in Ohio should be very thankful. I don't know why people on here have to bash such a generous gift to an institute of higher education that will help hundres of thousands if not more over many, many years. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Wexner and Limited Brands.
The Cynic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Bill wrote:
What the hell, like OSU needs that money. He could give 100 people 1 million dollars and change there lives forever. Or, if you wanted to spread it out, 10000 people could get 10000. That would really help some people. I guess you couldn't write that off as a tax gift though huh, what a waste.
Or maybe he could give you a 1000.00 and you could go to a middle school English class and learn the difference between "there, their, and they're".
Carolyn Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

The Wexner's have always blessed their community with generous giving.. Central Ohio is a better place because of them! Thank you!!
Bruceton

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Just remember this story when tuition goes up next year and you are trying to figure out if you can get yet another student loan (that you will most likely default on.) Go Bucks!
Carolyn Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Bruceton wrote:
Just remember this story when tuition goes up next year and you are trying to figure out if you can get yet another student loan (that you will most likely default on.) Go Bucks!
Tuition increases are all over, not just OSU.. This is a story about a family donating 100 million dollars to the hospital and arts center.. Why would that have anything to do with tuition? Seems as if you missed the point!
vigo

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING
Karl

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

big john wrote:
Good maybe than can let more black and hispanics in with lower sat scores than whites, OSU = Racist
So selecting people with higher scores is racist? Maybe the minorities should study, get a higher score and then they too would be selected.
Antawn Dotson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Les has done more for the community than 99.99999% of the population. He's not obligated to give away jack, but he does. He doesn't owe anybody anything.
Kirsi

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Thank you Les Wexner. I have cancer and am being treated at the James. Everytime I go for a checkup, I see the waiting room filled with people trying to survive. Friends are dying from cancer. What a generous gift. His gift can save people and their families from the pain and worry. I hope they can find a cure for cancer.
Ryan

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Just think what 100 million dollars could do in this community. I guess that just proves peoples indifference to things that don't effect them, Like the hundreds of homeless people and the people who are wondering how they are going to pay the gas bill so they can stay warm and never mind the people who need medication they can't afford and those who can't afford to buy food. just give all that money to poor old OSU where the tuition is way too high and employees are way under paid. somebody needs to get a clue or maybe a conscience.
Ryan

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

I am from Columbus, not Grandview, WA not sure where that came from.
Bill

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Another arrogant zillionaire showing off how he over charges at his retail establishments. Charging $30.00 for a bottle of soap and only paying his employees $7.25 an hour to work their butts off. Oh, sorry sometimes if you buy 5 bottles you would get one at half off. Always bragging about his money like Oparah, they must get off on this. OSU really needs the money!! Or does Lessly really need the write off. Front page in the Dispatch,totally disgusting!!
Deep Fried Spam

Amelia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
So selecting people with higher scores is racist? Maybe the minorities should study, get a higher score and then they too would be selected.
I think you miss the point Big John was making...the school was just accused of letting in minorities with LOWER scores and GPAs than whites who were turned away. However, Big John and Karl, that would REVERSE RACISM...and no such thing exist, according to our government (wink, wink). Makes me even prouder of my white son, who beat the odds and got accepted there even though he is a white male and therefore must be racist and the root of all evil, like me.
taxpayer

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Another arrogant zillionaire showing off how he over charges at his retail establishments. Charging $30.00 for a bottle of soap and only paying his employees $7.25 an hour to work their butts off. Oh, sorry sometimes if you buy 5 bottles you would get one at half off. Always bragging about his money like Oparah, they must get off on this. OSU really needs the money!! Or does Lessly really need the write off. Front page in the Dispatch,totally disgusting!!
Les needed the write off plus he needed to move the attention to gang soaked Easton Towne Center.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 21 min Old Guy 29,340
Colorado unveils Obamacare tax to boost struggl... 41 min They cannot kill a Spook 2
Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalis... 45 min They cannot kill a Spook 2
Obama seen as threat to Constitution 1 hr Male 46
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr sadcarrot 826
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Male 2,904
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••