Rod Parsley says ministry threatened ...

Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col...

There are 92 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of funds | The Col.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

World Harvest Church said in a statement this afternoon that the church has no plans to close any ministries in 2010, including its schools, despite its Web site's assertion that ministries are "in jeopardy." The Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lee Miller

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2010
My experience has been that every letter I receive is focused on one reason or another that I need to send money IMMEDIATELY. This not a ministry it is a business. He uses many marketing concepts to encourasge immediate action to send him money.Jesus never charged anyone for His teachings, He did God's will and God provided. If this church were following Jesus's example, God would provide. There is a reason this church has to "BEG and COURSE" people for money. I believe that if you don't take care of your own back yard you should be trying to care for someone else's. Too many Mi8nisters are running their BUSINESS for the very reason Jesus taught NOT to do.
Edith

Modesto, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Well, I don't think Pastor Rod Parsley is the blame, but yes because that person worked for him is finacially resposible.
But I feel for Pastor Rod Parsley because he is a good man of God, and he himself should not be judged harshly for the actions of employee's that he did not hire. And some times it's hard to know what another person will do until after you hire them.

But if that employee was not left alone maybe this would never have happened. And I will be praying for Pastor Rod Parsley during this time of trial's, and testing.

God is able to turn this all around for Pastor Rod Parsley's good.

God Bless Pastor Rod Parsley
Are You Kidding Me

Yorktown, VA

#3 Jan 28, 2010
Dear Rod,
You need to sow your first fruits, second and third fruits to me by midnight or you will not get your miracle and your church will close!
Johan

South Africa

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Rod Parsley is a con. He uses religion to manipulate ordinary hard-working god-fearing people out of their money. My very close friend who died of cancer almost a year ago is still receiving emails fromm him promising how her wishes will be granted and how she will be healed if only she gives more, more, more - after I informed him of her death. He and his crew don't listen, and they don't serve anyone but themselves.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 29, 2010
Having grown up in Canal Winchester (right down the road from World Harvest) I would hear the stories about Rod's incentives for staying at WH; A Jaguar, a Hummer, a boat, and a McMansion to name a few. I grew up going to Church and still attend and my opinion is that if his Church was hurting for money so bad he would have given some of his possessions up to save the congregation.

It is like Lee Miller said in the 1st post: This is a business. If a person goes into the ministry to become rich and famous, he or she has no business doing that.

It is things like this that gives Christians a bad name and what makes it so hard for people to accept our beliefs. Truly, no publicity is far better than bad publicity.
Blinded-by-The-R ight

Melrose Park, IL

#6 Jan 29, 2010
This man Rod Parsley is a EVIL MAN! To get RICH on the back of Spiritual Beliefs of the Masses, is out right a Sin!! Many donors have realized the FRAUD that Rod Parsley is.
paul garrett

Hennepin, OK

#7 Feb 8, 2010
in 2008 rod parsley and larry huch pulled off the biggest sow seed scam ever rod parsley said they had been studing this 2008 year date for several years it was unique larry huch backed rod parsley up said it was nothing they where studying in the books or nothing that rod parsley was coming up with or larry huch was coming up with it was suppose to have been the best time ever to give and rod parsley said eveyone that was helping him was coming out of proverty larry huch even said it was the one every single chritians where waiting for the stars and the moon was right it was the one everyone was waiting for
Why

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Why cant this crook get exposed like Ted Haggard?
Hey Now

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Word around the collection plate is that ol Parsley is trying to market "Repent-way - The sins and soul cleaner" to gullible saps. He'll jump up and down and wear a sequin suit to confuse the flock that the Lord gives the same product for free. Word around the confessional is that ol Parsley needs to get back to some serious repenting on his own behalf and not the half-measures offered in the coloring books that the kiddies are given.
Matt

Nashport, OH

#10 Feb 16, 2010
Edith wrote:
Well, I don't think Pastor Rod Parsley is the blame, but yes because that person worked for him is finacially resposible.
But I feel for Pastor Rod Parsley because he is a good man of God, and he himself should not be judged harshly for the actions of employee's that he did not hire. And some times it's hard to know what another person will do until after you hire them.
But if that employee was not left alone maybe this would never have happened. And I will be praying for Pastor Rod Parsley during this time of trial's, and testing.
A real man of God would have insisted in meeting with this family at the beginning, a real man of God would have asked for forgiveness and opened his heart and church to a family when they needed it most - after a child was beaten. A real man of God would have stepped up and made the family feel safe again (I read the wife quit a very good paying job because she couldn't live with herself if her child got beat again during daycare!). A real man of God wouldn't have sent this family a letter the day after the beating stating they were no longer welcome at WHC!

Parsley is part of the problem. He's the reason why non-believers don't check God out. All they see is a slick - well dressed - well spoken con man. This cat would fit in really well in Las Vegas with his show, car, mansion, boat, high life.

It hurts to see this clown damage the other preachers whose job it is to watchover his flock and not fly over it with a personal jet...

He is not a man of God, he just profits off of God
too much money

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Will it be his Hummer, Boat, Mansion.. No he will
probably serve them the all Koo-aid... Hummm
Tom Goode

Australia

#12 Feb 19, 2010
I have Christian Satelitte TV and get to see many different preacrers, but some get turned off very quickly, and Rod Parsley is one of them.
I recorded one program and managed to get Breakthrough as well. So I watched it with the thought, How long before he starts asking for money.
Answer...10 minutes.

Freely you have received, freely give.

Obviously not a popular scripture among many TV evangelists
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 19, 2010
Lee Miller wrote:
My experience has been that every letter I receive is focused on one reason or another that I need to send money IMMEDIATELY. This not a ministry it is a business. He uses many marketing concepts to encourasge immediate action to send him money.Jesus never charged anyone for His teachings, He did God's will and God provided. If this church were following Jesus's example, God would provide. There is a reason this church has to "BEG and COURSE" people for money. I believe that if you don't take care of your own back yard you should be trying to care for someone else's. Too many Mi8nisters are running their BUSINESS for the very reason Jesus taught NOT to do.
Can I get an "AMEN" for this posting? AMEN!!!
Religion

Zanesville, OH

#14 Feb 19, 2010
Edith wrote:
Maybe God is telling him something.
Brother Jed

Lima, OH

#15 Feb 19, 2010
Why did he just heal the child? That would have gotten him out of the law suit.
will burns7409746949

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2010
Rock'n Rod, shake 'em down for cash. I will at least give Rod credit he calls muslims as he sees them. That and unlike Russle Johnson formerly of Fairfield Christian didn't hide when his political involvement was not effective.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 20, 2010
Edith wrote:
It is true that you might not always know someone as well as you think you do. However, the Bible says that people know you by the fruit of your trees. Sadly they need to own up to it and move on in a little different way. As it is, people now think of World Harvest as a money-grabbing establishment that uses the name Church. Do people (including me) make mistakes? Absolutely. Do those people need to try to fix said mistakes and put forth a better reputation? You better believe it. A Christian is taught to ask for forgiveness when he or she sins. Not more money.
CrookedyCrookCro ok

Zanesville, OH

#18 Feb 21, 2010
Didn't this shyster just try to pull an Oral Roberts (of sorts)?

Instead of being held hostage by god, didn't he claim that satan stole his three million dollars?

LOLLOLLOLROFL!

I'm pretty certain, no positive, that satan took some of my money,too.

So, could you all please send me a check?
CrookedyCrookCro ok

Zanesville, OH

#19 Feb 21, 2010
Johan wrote:
Rod Parsley is a con. He uses religion to manipulate ordinary hard-working god-fearing people out of their money. My very close friend who died of cancer almost a year ago is still receiving emails fromm him promising how her wishes will be granted and how she will be healed if only she gives more, more, more - after I informed him of her death. He and his crew don't listen, and they don't serve anyone but themselves.
I once knew a man, who donated about $80,000 per year, to World Harvest (unbeknownst to his family*), for five years in a row, preceeding his tragic, accidental death.

*Imagine their surprise!

When his grieving family members sought to procure king Rod to deliver his eulogy, neither Rod Parsley, nor any of his underlings returned their calls.

Guess they cut their losses when their cash cow died. They didn't even send a card.
Ann

Mesquite, TX

#20 Feb 21, 2010
paul garrett wrote:
in 2008 rod parsley and larry huch pulled off the biggest sow seed scam ever rod parsley said they had been studing this 2008 year date for several years it was unique larry huch backed rod parsley up said it was nothing they where studying in the books or nothing that rod parsley was coming up with or larry huch was coming up with it was suppose to have been the best time ever to give and rod parsley said eveyone that was helping him was coming out of proverty larry huch even said it was the one every single chritians where waiting for the stars and the moon was right it was the one everyone was waiting for
You had better watch larry huch biggest con down here in Texas. Raise funds for building a church 2 years ago, has yet to build and says waiting on bank prices to go down , or intrest rates here is due in Columbus ,Ohio again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaking News MOAB! 3 min 404 not found 21
Rosenstein Busted - Backstory 4 min Inopa 121
News Two injured one in critical after shooting in C... 1 hr just asking 2
Ohio State most corrupt football program in exi... 1 hr Urban Liar 48
Study says illegal immigration costs US $135 bi... 5 hr Escondito 6
News Man dies after jumping from Downtown parking ga... 6 hr Escondito 15
News 'Trust-mill' operators still refuse to pay fine (Jul '11) 6 hr Escondito 9

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages