United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Do you need a permit to remove a big industrial furnace? Is it supposed to be tested for toxic pollutants and asbestos before removal begins? If people are doing other jobs in the same building, are they supposed to be warned of any toxins and of the removal of the furnace?
Asking because the place I work is tearing one out and I'm pretty sure they've broken the law. I've called osha but I want to know if my next call should be a lawyer.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

d pantz wrote:
Do you need a permit to remove a big industrial furnace? Is it supposed to be tested for toxic pollutants and asbestos before removal begins? If people are doing other jobs in the same building, are they supposed to be warned of any toxins and of the removal of the furnace?
Asking because the place I work is tearing one out and I'm pretty sure they've broken the law. I've called osha but I want to know if my next call should be a lawyer.
Lookin' for a quick payday, eh?

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

d pantz wrote:
Look it up on google.......

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

d pantz wrote:
The EPA has no general ban on the use of asbestos, but abatement and removal is strictly controlled. Good luck finding out whether or not there is any contained in the furnace.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

d pantz wrote:
http://www.epa.gov/osw/hazard/tsd/permit/
hey now hey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait til you get cancer, them get a cash settlement to cover.guns ammo and explosives for your last big no bag limit hunt.....
OP is a groid angling for a grift. See, stains will rat out a business but not a co-sh^tstain on a murder.
hey now hey now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wait til you get cancer, them get a cash settlement to cover.guns ammo and explosives for your last big no bag limit hunt.....
Forgot to add...groid here cannot fathom that business may already have looked into the law and gotten the permits, etc.
d pantz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

hey now hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Forgot to add...groid here cannot fathom that business may already have looked into the law and gotten the permits, etc.
no permits or tests done to the equipment before removal began by guys who am am pretty sure aren't supposed to do it. Only one person asked and they immediately back paddled and sent out parts for testing and issued a statement that it would be tested but would contain some toxins which get you sick, but not kill you.
1. I think it is illegal to start tearing it out without testing it first.
2. Shouldn't they warn everybody working in the building if they absolutely have to tear it down while they are working there? By law? They do on construction sites.
3. Yeah if I wasn't warned about breathing in toxins, I'm looking for a pay day. What do you think they're doing by not having it removed proper??
d pantz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

LOL you shoe lickers don't care if people just trying to do an honest days work get sick? Guess what ? I will probably sue them now and later if I get sick .
scratchy throat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

BizzyBee wrote:
this has a lot of information about permits to remove hazardous waste, not much about testing for them. This thing was pretty old and used to heat a powder coat paint cure oven. When we asked how old it was they didn't even know and they were already removing it.
d pantz

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Probably not much to worry about. The abating is a scam in many ways. A school.was torn down in my district and they removed the plaster from the walls but not the asbestos layer as part of the roof. What a scam.
oh yeah? Did you work on that job site?
d pantz

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
The EPA has no general ban on the use of asbestos, but abatement and removal is strictly controlled. Good luck finding out whether or not there is any contained in the furnace.
when they were asked how old it was they said they weren't sure. Seems to me like they're not sure about how to legally tear it out. It could be nothing, but I've got a strong feeling somebody who makes salary has made some really stupid decisions. Guess I won't post again until I know more....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,095
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 54 min STFU Breeders 17
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 1 hr Go IDF Go 29
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 2 hr d pantz 65
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 6 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Columbus to spread more wastewater sludge on fa... 6 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 6 hr Star On 47 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE