Chick-Fil-A regrets position

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Mar 19, 2014
Well, it's good to know that you can teach an old dog new tricks....Congratulations to Chick-Fil-A on recognizing their error in judgment in putting their company into the gay marriage development debate...

Chick-fil-A CEO Says He Made A Mistake Endorsing ‘Traditional Marriage’
by JEAN ANN ESSELINK on MARCH 18, 2014
in ACTIONS,DISCRIMINATION,JEAN ANN ESSELINK,NEWS
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/chick-fi...

It’s been two years since Chick-Fil-A CEO, Dan Cathy, told a reporter he was “guilty as charged,” in his belief that marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, Cathy says that was a mistake.

“Every leader goes through different phases of maturity, growth and development and it helps by (admitting) the mistakes that you make,” Cathy told the Washington Journal-Constitution.“You learn from those mistakes. If not, you’re just a fool. I’m thankful that I lived through it and I learned a lot from it.”

Cathy said while he personally has not had a change of heart, and Chick-fil-A restaurants will remain closed on Sundays, he will no longer weigh in on America’s culture wars. Cathy says he regrets having done so in 2012. As a business decision, he now realizes it was a mistake:

“Consumers want to do business with brands that they can interface with, that they can relate with, and it’s probably very wise from our standpoint to make sure that we present our brand in a compelling way that the consumer can relate to.”

So what was the lesson Cathy learned?

Cathy says that while he is not abandoning his beliefs, he has come to understand “others feel very different from that and I respect their opinion.”

Not a bad lesson to learn.
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2014
and there's more....

Chick-fil-A’s Foundations Dramatically Reduce Anti-LGBT Giving (Updated)
BY JOSH ISRAEL ON MARCH 3, 2014 AT 4:47 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/03/03/3355...

A year after nearly doubling its anti-LGBT giving, Chick-fil-A’s WinShape Foundation apparently reversed course in 2012, eliminating nearly all its grantmaking. Its separate Chick-fil-A Foundation made about $120,000 in grant donations, including about $25,000 to the anti-LGBT Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Between 2010 and 2011, Chick-fil-A’s corporate foundations increased their grants to anti-LGBT groups like the Marriage & Family Foundation and the National Christian Foundation, from $1.9 million to more than $3.6 million. Neither of these organizations received a penny in 2012, according to the foundations’ 2012 Form 990s, publicly available tax documents filed by non-profit organizations. The foundations’ overall spending was roughly even, meaning more of its efforts were focused on its own programs. But the drop from $3,623,938 to $25,390 in anti-LGBT donations represented a reduction of more than 99.2 percent.

But it appears that the company foundations scaled back anti-LGBT giving by simply scaling back all of its giving to outside non-profits. Their few donations included contributions to WinShape’s home in Brazil for needy children, scholarships for a Christian college in Georgia, and money for Habitat for Humanity and the United Negro College Fund.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2014
My spouse and I had two number ones at Chik-Fil-a at 11:30 this morning Delicious. what ever mr cathy's sexual preference is is none of my business and has nothing to do with his personal life.
I eat Greek salads prepared by muslims from Lebanon and still think their religion is satanic and despicable.
Dan Cathy will always be trash and no good to the lefties and it ain't none of you jerk's business where I spend my money.
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Mar 19, 2014
It's not about changing his mind about the issue. It's about making the entirety of your business be on the side of your own personal religios mind. He's seen the error of his practices. He recognizes how harmful his positions were to his staff and employees. I'm also sure that he took a business hit given his businesses outside of the South.

We're winning this fight despite your fundamentalist belief that everyone should be on your biblical side. It's not about sides but about how your business decisions affect the community from which you need patronage.

THIS is how your freemarket capitalism is supposed to work and Mr. Cathy sees this. It's a win for us, no matter how you righties wanna twist it. and for the final time,
IM
NOT
READER...I'm a completely different person.........
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Mar 19, 2014
Jackie_Chiles_10024 wrote:
I love spending my money there...it pokes you morons right in the face.
What you do with your money only affects people in your own twisted and small, feeble mind. Obviously, you didn't spend TOO much given that Mr. Cathy has changed the business process of his business.

WE WIN! YOU LOSE! Now go sit in the corner and enjoy your chicken...
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Mar 19, 2014
dunadd wrote:
Dan Cathy will always be trash and no good to the lefties and it ain't none of you jerk's business where I spend my money.
Once again, you're absolutely wrong. We do accept when business owners see the errors in their ways and while I don't speak for everyone on the left, I welcome the oportunity to go back to Chick-Fil-A. I loved the sandwiches. I've held retreats for my staff and Chick-Fil-A brought sandwiches and fixins out to us for free just to advertise their business in the neighborhood. That's good customer outreach. Of course, this was before the whole gay marriage thing. I wouldn't have let them in my door had I knew that they made these kind of contributions on behalf of their organization.

Given the real, genuine apology and recognition form Mr. Cathy on the issue (and support his PERSONAL right to have an opposing view), I'll gladly patronize the shop again. I'm all for supporting businesses that recognize that religion isn't a business practice. It's a personal practice.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 19, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're absolutely wrong. We do accept when business owners see the errors in their ways and while I don't speak for everyone on the left, I welcome the oportunity to go back to Chick-Fil-A. I loved the sandwiches. I've held retreats for my staff and Chick-Fil-A brought sandwiches and fixins out to us for free just to advertise their business in the neighborhood. That's good customer outreach. Of course, this was before the whole gay marriage thing. I wouldn't have let them in my door had I knew that they made these kind of contributions on behalf of their organization.
Given the real, genuine apology and recognition form Mr. Cathy on the issue (and support his PERSONAL right to have an opposing view), I'll gladly patronize the shop again. I'm all for supporting businesses that recognize that religion isn't a business practice. It's a personal practice.
do you support equal taxation?

or just equality when it fits your interests?

when equality is law, then it is inclusive.

marriage is not a government legislative right to tax or license. Show me in the constitution where it does.

so vote every bum out of office, and demand the new one to abide or be fired. That is what I am doing.Only Ted Cruz has the nuts to forsake his career out of every elected puppet in Washington. You may not agree with him, but elect people like him who are passionate and firm in belief. Waffles are soggy in DC, and toilet needs flushed.

bottom line.....equality is exactly that......everything else is lip service.

and any person heck bent on forming a partnership can do so legally in under 30 days on the internet.

so let's get back to what impacts the vast majority of Americans called equal tax for one and for all. Real equality, and not drummed purposeful division our media and POTUS have masterfully played.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 19, 2014
I know three generations of the Cathy's. No chance that they will ever change their Christian beliefs or bow to PC popularity. Stop making statements to for lame stream media to twist, absolutely.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#10 Mar 19, 2014
TriflinLyinNotAlady wrote:
I know three generations of the Cathy's. No chance that they will ever change their Christian beliefs or bow to PC popularity. Stop making statements to for lame stream media to twist, absolutely.
Of course you do, TriflinLyinNotALady.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#11 Mar 19, 2014
Jackie_Chiles_10024 wrote:
Yet you lefties can't accept Cathy's position, can you, Reader?
I love spending my money there...it pokes you morons right in the face.
You're the one who has to eat that slop. Go right ahead.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#12 Mar 19, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
It seems they just did.
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#13 Mar 19, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
Well, it's good to know that you can teach an old dog new tricks....Congratulations to Chick-Fil-A on recognizing their error in judgment in putting their company into the gay marriage development debate...
Chick-fil-A CEO Says He Made A Mistake Endorsing ‘Traditional Marriage’
by JEAN ANN ESSELINK on MARCH 18, 2014
in ACTIONS,DISCRIMINATION,JEAN ANN ESSELINK,NEWS
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/chick-fi...
It’s been two years since Chick-Fil-A CEO, Dan Cathy, told a reporter he was “guilty as charged,” in his belief that marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, Cathy says that was a mistake.
“Every leader goes through different phases of maturity, growth and development and it helps by (admitting) the mistakes that you make,” Cathy told the Washington Journal-Constitution.“You learn from those mistakes. If not, you’re just a fool. I’m thankful that I lived through it and I learned a lot from it.”
Cathy said while he personally has not had a change of heart, and Chick-fil-A restaurants will remain closed on Sundays, he will no longer weigh in on America’s culture wars. Cathy says he regrets having done so in 2012. As a business decision, he now realizes it was a mistake:
“Consumers want to do business with brands that they can interface with, that they can relate with, and it’s probably very wise from our standpoint to make sure that we present our brand in a compelling way that the consumer can relate to.”
So what was the lesson Cathy learned?
Cathy says that while he is not abandoning his beliefs, he has come to understand “others feel very different from that and I respect their opinion.”
Not a bad lesson to learn.
When will you?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 19, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
<quoted text>
What you do with your money only affects people in your own twisted and small, feeble mind. Obviously, you didn't spend TOO much given that Mr. Cathy has changed the business process of his business.
No, you lost a long time ago.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#15 Mar 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems they just did.
You are a twit....

woof
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#16 Mar 19, 2014
I think Starbucks is a dump and over-priced. Speaking of political, they stink.....

woof
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#17 Mar 19, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
<quoted text>
You still ultimately lose. You and your kind will get aids and Hep-C . I will not.
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 19, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your kind will get aids and Hep-C.
That kinda ignorance doesn't really deserve a response, but I'll give you a small one.

"Bigotry dwarfs the soul by shutting out the truth”
Edwin Hubbel Chapin quotes (American Clergyman, Author, Speaker, Writer and Pastor, 1814-1880)

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/with/keyword/big...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Mar 19, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
<quoted text>
That kinda ignorance doesn't really deserve a response, but I'll give you a small one.
"Bigotry dwarfs the soul by shutting out the truth”
Edwin Hubbel Chapin quotes (American Clergyman, Author, Speaker, Writer and Pastor, 1814-1880)
http://thinkexist.com/quotes/with/keyword/big...
...the truth being that same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end and are therefore as aberrant as can be in the face of Nature's intolerant laws.
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
...the truth being that same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end
What a complete and utter fool you are. The only dead-end happening is the one to your argument. Go back to school llittle boy. You got a heckuva lot more learnin to do.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Detroit, MI

#21 Mar 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
...the truth being that same-sex behaviors only ever result in a biological dead-end and are therefore as aberrant as can be in the face of Nature's intolerant laws.
Then why care if the ghays are going to sex themselves out of existence? Doesn't look like Conservatives are going to win a culture war against the ghay community. I'd venture that at least 35-45% of female college students had some sort of bi- sexual or lesbian sexual contact. You're fighting a losing battle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 4 min Seriouslady 192
Obscene Bumber Stickers 26 min Big Papa Tea 5
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 30 min Big Papa Tea 4
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr justsayin 71
Another Epic Obama Accomplishment 1 hr BizzyBee 9
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr So sad 2,541
Should Witchcraft or Pagan Shops be 18+ ? 1 hr What Else 8
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 4 hr Dr Phillips PhD 252
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 13 hr Xenosteen 1,023
Columbus Dating