Carla Hale, 59, a lesbian P.E. teacher, has filed a grievance against the diocese of the Ohio Catholic school where she worked for 19 years until administrators fired her for "violating moral law." According to The Columbus Dispatch , Hale's sexual orientation became public when an obituary for her late mother published Hale's name along with the ... (more)Full Story
“Ludibrium est onus genio”
Since: Dec 11
#1865 Jun 3, 2013
The ruling in this case does not bode well for the church.
Since: Apr 13
#1866 Jun 3, 2013
I bet it's overturned on appeal.
Frankly, the woman was either really stupid, or a liar:
"Dias, who is not Catholic, testified she didn't know artificial insemination violated church doctrine or her employment pact. She said she thought the contract clause about abiding by church teachings meant she should be a Christian and follow the Bible."
#1868 Jun 4, 2013
You're a hypocrite If you don't mind I would like to add some things to your statement that I believe you my have left out
1) Do you support slavery? God does (Ephesians 6:5-6)
2) Do believe women should never teach or have authority over men? God does (Timothy 2:11)
3) Do you believe that divorce and remarrying are adultery? God does (Luke 16:18)
4) Do you believe even a look counts as adultery? God does (Matthew 5:28)
5) Do you believe if a woman helps her husband in a fight she has to have her hand cut off? Yet again God does (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)
6) Do you believe that if a man gets testicular cancer he shall never be allowed into the church? God does (Deuteronomy 23:1)
7) Do you believe if you steal something or sin in any way, you must cut off your hand? God does (Mark 9:43)
This list could go on for days literally. But within all of these verses is an underlining theme that “god” is not love “god” is hate. Every single verse I listed you must begin to follow. By not choosing to live by these passages you prove you’re a hypocrite.
“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”
Since: May 13
#1869 Jun 4, 2013
Mad at God huh.
Unfortunately Robert, the topic is about a contract she signed with the school, not God.
God may or may not care, but the issue is a legal contract which she violated.
#1870 Jun 4, 2013
#1871 Jun 4, 2013
Add your comments below
|Who Do You Support||2 min||Duke for Mayor||12|
|Iran, the threat to peace||4 min||Duke for Mayor||32|
|Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13)||28 min||Duke for Mayor||5,404|
|Watch the best of Ohio State's National Champio...||1 hr||Jose||7|
|Where has Rowdy been?||2 hr||Joe Fabeets||50|
|homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice"||2 hr||Pope Che Reagan C...||94|
|exclusive — ted cruz details ‘path to victory’||3 hr||They cannot kill ...||4|
Find what you want!
Search Columbus Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC