Gay teacher fired by Catholic school claims discrimination

There are 20 comments on the Apr 23, 2013, World Magazine story titled Gay teacher fired by Catholic school claims discrimination. In it, World Magazine reports that:

Carla Hale, 59, a lesbian P.E. teacher, has filed a grievance against the diocese of the Ohio Catholic school where she worked for 19 years until administrators fired her for "violating moral law." According to The Columbus Dispatch , Hale's sexual orientation became public when an obituary for her late mother published Hale's name along with the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1697 May 17, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I'm white, you moron. You don't know the players here because you don't belong here.
This isn't your playground Paco.

woof

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1698 May 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't your playground Paco.
woof
You don't belong here either.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1699 May 17, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You don't belong here either.
I "belong" wherever I decide to be.

You're a hoot.

woof

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1700 May 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I "belong" wherever I decide to be.
You're a hoot.
woof
You have no connection to Columbus, hence the reason you don't belong.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1701 May 17, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You have no connection to Columbus, hence the reason you don't belong.
You lost it Pappy...You're on a nationalized website stupid, not just localized and YOU don't belong on here either.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1702 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost it Pappy...You're on a nationalized website stupid, not just localized and YOU don't belong on here either.
He understands that a$$es are exit-only poopchutes...and he is not a dog.
He belongs.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1703 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost it Pappy...You're on a nationalized website stupid, not just localized and YOU don't belong on here either.
I know what cross-posting is, twink...but you're the only one on this thread from outside Ohio.
Fancy that.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1704 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm certainly not going to have a quiver just to make more Catholics! BTW aren't you supposed to NOT believe in 'Darwinism' if your catholic? And you get a big fat "A" a$$holism!
Deliberate ignorance right there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/4588...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1705 May 17, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I know what cross-posting is, twink...but you're the only one on this thread from outside Ohio.
Fancy that.
Oh so now you want to limit my 1st amendment rights? My My, and the same rights that allow you to congregate too, how Christian. BTW I don't see any listing on here that says 'Pappy's Website for Hypocrites' anywhere?

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1707 May 17, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberate ignorance right there.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/4588...
You're only proving the point...

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1708 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only proving the point...
You're cracking me up with your ignorance and willful bigotry. Change your logon name to Oxymoron, will ya? You cry bigotry and yet you hate and refuse to understand your opponents. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1709 May 17, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A municipal code cannot legally impede one's Constitutional rights.
And where the line falls is a matter for courts to decide.

In this case, however, who is the 'one' whose Constitutional rights are impeded?

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1710 May 17, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're cracking me up with your ignorance and willful bigotry. Change your logon name to Oxymoron, will ya? You cry bigotry and yet you hate and refuse to understand your opponents. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.
Really? Hate to tell you but the joke's on You. You generalize, discriminate, hate and label anyone and everybody that's different than you, not knowing anything about them. All while claiming to be a christian. That's no Oxymoron, moron, that's sad.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1711 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Hate to tell you but the joke's on You. You generalize, discriminate, hate and label anyone and everybody that's different than you, not knowing anything about them. All while claiming to be a christian. That's no Oxymoron, moron, that's sad.
Quote me where I have, particularly on this thread. Trust me, Reader's been here. She'd have busted my chops on it.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1712 May 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And where the line falls is a matter for courts to decide.
In this case, however, who is the 'one' whose Constitutional rights are impeded?
There shall be no established state religion, or prohibition of the practice of worship from the state...there is a strong division between church and state in this nation for a reason...matter of doctrine. Forcing the hand of the RCC here would set precedent stating that the church cannot practice as it preaches. No one has a constitutional right to a job as near as I can tell, either.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1713 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I didn't have sex with women..you did.
No straight man posts the way you do, twink.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1714 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Hate to tell you but the joke's on You. You generalize, discriminate, hate and label anyone and everybody that's different than you, not knowing anything about them. All while claiming to be a christian. That's no Oxymoron, moron, that's sad.
You're proving once again that you don't know who you're talking about and that you don't belong here.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1715 May 17, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so now you want to limit my 1st amendment rights? My My, and the same rights that allow you to congregate too, how Christian. BTW I don't see any listing on here that says 'Pappy's Website for Hypocrites' anywhere?
I'm not Obama's IRS, twink. You failed civics in a big way.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1716 May 17, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>No straight man posts the way you do, twink.
and no christian posts the way you do either pappy..

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1717 May 17, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote me where I have, particularly on this thread. Trust me, Reader's been here. She'd have busted my chops on it.
Oh so now you take no responsibility for your encouraging and agreeing posts with you're hypocritical brethren...sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 23 min Sheeps Clothing 1,125
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 39 min d pantz 139
Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore 54 min Oliver Canterberry 36
Baltimore rioters burn down senior citizen faci... 1 hr Wowwww 1
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 204
Will Bruce Jenner now come out with his own lin... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 10
Remember back when MEN used to be MEN ?? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr REAL American 6,226
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 8 hr Learn to read 107
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]