Gay teacher fired by Catholic school claims discrimination

Apr 23, 2013 Full story: World Magazine 1,746

Carla Hale, 59, a lesbian P.E. teacher, has filed a grievance against the diocese of the Ohio Catholic school where she worked for 19 years until administrators fired her for "violating moral law." According to The Columbus Dispatch , Hale's sexual orientation became public when an obituary for her late mother published Hale's name along with the ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#214 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension FAIL.
Missed the point, didn't ya.

Your post objected to the "hate crime" classification, which is predicated upon the INTENT of the perpetrator.

The distinction between 1st and 2nd degree homicide is predicated upon the INTENT of the perpetrator.

Same legal principle: INTENT
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#215 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to agree with Cory Truax and...(gasp!)...Andrew Sullivan on these special-rights laws:
TRUAX:
Itís Unconstitutional
The 14th Amendment of a sparely-considered document, The United States Constitution, guarantees equal protection under the law. Laws of this sort contravene both the essence of the Declaration of Independenceóall men are created equalóand the expressed language of the Constitution. These laws value the life of a 22-year old, able-bodied homosexual male over that of your elderly grandmotheróunless, of course, your grandmother is a lesbian.
Furthermore, giving jurisdiction of one certain type of crime to the federal government should send those who revere the 10th Amendment into a rage. In every way, hate crimes laws are not just bad ideas: theyíre bad law.
The Reasoning
Do any readers think we NEED an amendment to prevent hate crimes against the LGBT community? Really? Are you seeing the mass persecution of gays ANYWHERE? Anywhere at all?
This law isnít about "protecting" homosexuals. Itís about the Left pandering to a small but money-laden and activist faction in their party.
Itís Unenforceable
Iíd like to hear this amendmentís proponentsí idea on how to determine what crime is a hate crime. How is an officer of the law or an officer of the court supposed to ascertain that this particular act was committed out of hatred?
In that vein, I must ask, "Isnít any crime a hate crime?" Iím fairly sure that the murders that take place after husbands come home earlier than expected are perpetrated out of hatred. Should we then enact laws to protect adulterers from hate?
Even with the entire Justice Department working on it, I canít surmise the scenario where we find indisputable evidence that someone committed an act of violence out of hate."
SULLIVAN:
"The real reason for hate crime laws is not the defense of human beings from crime. There are already laws against that Ė and Matthew Shepardís murderers were successfully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in a state with no hate crimes law at the time.
The real reason for the invention of hate crimes was a hard-left critique of conventional liberal justice and the emergence of special interest groups which need boutique legislation to raise funds for their large staffs and luxurious buildings."
Thatís pretty damning coming from him.
Ask Paco which leftist Supreme Court Justice wrote the seminal opinion upholding the Constitutionality of hate crimes legislation.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#216 Apr 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Your smug belittling of the religious beliefs of others.
Got security issues with the strength of your faith again?

woof

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#217 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Clement Ader
Charles Chamberland
Marie Curie
Jacques and Philippe Cousteau
Rene` Descartes
Francois Fresneau
Joseph-Marie Jaquard
Pierre-Simon Laplace
Nicephore Niepce
Louis Pasteur
Bartheleme Thimonnier
Jacques de Vaucanson
The list would go on for many pages.
" ... and the birds shall come and nest in it's branches ... "
... and shit on those who walk beneath.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#218 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
Once marriage means nothing...it can mean anything.
"What is the meaning of meaning." - Marshall McLuhan

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#219 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed the point, didn't ya.
Your post objected to the "hate crime" classification, which is predicated upon the INTENT of the perpetrator.
The distinction between 1st and 2nd degree homicide is predicated upon the INTENT of the perpetrator.
Same legal principle: INTENT
Repeat:

"In that vein, I must ask,'Isnít any crime a hate crime?' Iím fairly sure that the murders that take place after husbands come home earlier than expected are perpetrated out of hatred. Should we then enact laws to protect adulterers from hate?

Even with the entire Justice Department working on it, I canít surmise the scenario where we find indisputable evidence that someone committed an act of violence out of hate."

-- TRUAX
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#221 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat:
"In that vein, I must ask,'Isnít any crime a hate crime?' Iím fairly sure that the murders that take place after husbands come home earlier than expected are perpetrated out of hatred. Should we then enact laws to protect adulterers from hate?
Even with the entire Justice Department working on it, I canít surmise the scenario where we find indisputable evidence that someone committed an act of violence out of hate."
-- TRUAX
Ask Paco if Earl Warren did that.

woof

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#222 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat:
"In that vein, I must ask,'Isnít any crime a hate crime?' Iím fairly sure that the murders that take place after husbands come home earlier than expected are perpetrated out of hatred. Should we then enact laws to protect adulterers from hate?
Even with the entire Justice Department working on it, I canít surmise the scenario where we find indisputable evidence that someone committed an act of violence out of hate."
-- TRUAX
INTENT applies to the target as well; i.e. an individual, or an individual as representative of a group or class.

The degree of culpability remains inextricably tied to INTENT.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#223 Apr 24, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Paco which leftist Supreme Court Justice wrote the seminal opinion upholding the Constitutionality of hate crimes legislation.
woof
And Blackmun found an imaginary right to privacy, with which even Ginsburg disagrees, as follows:

"One of the most curious things about Roe is that, behind its own verbal smokescreen, the substantive judgment on which it rests is nowhere to be found."

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court:

***

And Roberts endorsed Obamacare as a tax.

***

The Supreme Court is not infallible.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#224 Apr 24, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
The slit lickers and fudge-packers still want to keep marriage a two person thing. Seems if marriage is to be redefined why not the quantity portion as well
You're certainly free and welcome to start a polygamy/polyandry thread ... if you can find a news story to base it upon. Enough of them and you might get your own forum.

Until then ... STFU.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#225 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
INTENT applies to the target as well; i.e. an individual, or an individual as representative of a group or class.
The degree of culpability remains inextricably tied to INTENT.
Thick as a whale omelette you are.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#226 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You're certainly free and welcome to start a polygamy/polyandry thread ... if you can find a news story to base it upon. Enough of them and you might get your own forum.
Until then ... STFU.
Now, now...we're very fond of Spook here in Columbus. He's one of the family.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#227 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You're certainly free and welcome to start a polygamy/polyandry thread ... if you can find a news story to base it upon. Enough of them and you might get your own forum.
Until then ... STFU.
Listen here, hateful bigot...if, as your crowd claims, homosexual behavior is not a choice but is the result of a naturally-driven inborn preferences, then all other non-normative sexual preferences and behaviors are as well. So, following your logic:

Pedophilia is NOT a choice
Bestiality is NOT a choice
Necrophilia is NOT a choice

...and the rest of the 547 forms of sexual deviancy, or "paraphilias," as defined by the APA.

It's your can of worms.
Own it.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#229 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You're certainly free and welcome to start a polygamy/polyandry thread ... if you can find a news story to base it upon. Enough of them and you might get your own forum.
Until then ... STFU.
I see, so a gang fisting like Obama and his boy's had last month is ok but one man having more than one woman disgusts you.
Historically and old testament had many multiple wife marriages yet no history of fist-O-thon being anything but vile and condemned by God.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#230 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thick as a whale omelette you are.
Operant Fallacy:

Argumentum ad Hominem

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#231 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here, hateful bigot...if, as your crowd claims, homosexual behavior is not a choice but is the result of a naturally-driven inborn preferences, then all other non-normative sexual preferences and behaviors are as well. So, following your logic:
Pedophilia is NOT a choice
Bestiality is NOT a choice
Necrophilia is NOT a choice
...and the rest of the 547 forms of sexual deviancy, or "paraphilias," as defined by the APA.
It's your can of worms.
Own it.
Take up your semantic problems with the professionals.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#232 Apr 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take up your semantic problems with the professionals.
I don't have any, but may I recommend a psychologist for your sexual disorder?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#233 Apr 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because next, they'll be defining my religion among other things.
Nobody cares about your religion.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#234 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>k
I don't have any, but may I recommend a psychologist for your sexual disorder?
Lead cures crazy. 40 grains injected behind the ear angled toward the eye on the opposite side.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#235 Apr 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't an adoption case and this isn't leftist Massachusetts.
We'll close the hospitals and see how that grabs you.
Close them already. Jesus Christ, you would think that the Pope invented medicine. I would gladly forego all Catholic hospitals just for you to shut the hell up about them. Take your ball and go home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
happy thanksgiving everyone! 2 min BizzyBee 1
Columbus' Murder Rate Tops Cincinnati, Clevelan... (Oct '10) 19 min Ohian Abroad 82
Must See Riot Video illustrating Raw Courage 1 hr Zoe Regen 10
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4,613
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 29
impeachment 1 hr d pantz 73
Ferguson Protest 2 hr Bgg122 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Cosgrove 2,522
BREAKING: Ferguson GJ Ruling Reached 3 hr wildcatCREEKlunatic 37
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:03 am PST

NBC Sports 7:03AM
Report: Devon Still hasn't paid child support since July
NFL 7:28 AM
Alleged late-night incident unlikely to affect Manziel
Bleacher Report 9:40 AM
Mother of Still's Daughter Speaks on Alleged Missed Child Support Payments
ESPN10:51 AM
Still: Claims of unpaid child support untrue
ESPN10:51 AM
Gordon felt some Browns brushed him off