Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#540 Sep 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's charming how you conveniently ignore my collection of links about Muslims fighting against terrorism and radical Islam because it doesn't fit your pre-determined narrative.
Nobody has ever seen you post a link on any subject.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#542 Sep 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's charming how you conveniently ignore my collection of links about Muslims fighting against terrorism and radical Islam because it doesn't fit your pre-determined narrative.
You must be speaking of these folks?
Your taxpayer dollars are funding their efforts.

http://tinyurl.com/mujrm2u

"Syria Rebels Reject Opposition Coalition, Call for Islamic Leadership"

Powerful Syrian insurgent units have rejected the authority of the opposition Syrian National Coalition (SNC), badly damaging efforts by Western-backed political exiles to forge a moderate rebel military force on the ground.

Thirteen groups, including at least three previously considered part of the coalition's military wing, the Free Syrian Army (FSA), signed a statement calling for the opposition to President Bashar al-Assad to be reorganised under an Islamic framework and to be run only by groups fighting inside Syria.

The signatories range from hardliners such as the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham battalions to more moderate Islamist groups such as the Tawheed Brigade and Islam Brigade...

****

Different names, same aims.
Only the uninformed believe otherwise.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#543 Sep 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's charming how you conveniently ignore my collection of links about Muslims fighting against terrorism and radical Islam because it doesn't fit your pre-determined narrative.
that is exactly what it will take. In our neighborhoods as well.

wild hogs

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#544 Sep 25, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the good Muslims to police the bad Muslims, yet you refuse to call out your boys for their name-calling and superior attitudes, while you condemn those of us who disagree with you for lesser offenses of name-calling and superior attitudes.
Lesser offenses?
What a lying tool.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#545 Sep 25, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has ever seen you post a link on any subject.
What?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#547 Sep 25, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Lesser offenses?
What a lying tool.
Worse...s/he's attempted an equivalency between Islamic jihadists and Topix posters.

Whackaloon.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#548 Sep 25, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the good Muslims to police the bad Muslims, yet you refuse to call out your boys for their name-calling and superior attitudes, while you condemn those of us who disagree with you for lesser offenses of name-calling and superior attitudes.
Do you know what that makes you? It starts with an "h" and ends with a "ypocrite".
let's compare apples to a 1970 GTO Judge with a 4 speed and tripower 400 engine.

or tornado's with paint colors for the front porch.

or your post and lasagna.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#549 Sep 25, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point, but it does not matter.
profiling is intelligent.
we should be very selective to whom we allow visit this country. Tourism from abroad is something, but not worth the cost. Look at where we were, and now where we are.
people of all colors including purple poka dotted, must report evil immediately.
when skin tan to one, immediately has your instincts on high alert, then what does that say about the world we live in?
It says you're illogically afraid of people who don't look like you, and you left an "L" out of the phrase "polka dot"

woof

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#550 Sep 25, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It says you're illogically afraid of people who don't look like you, and you left an "L" out of the phrase "polka dot"
woof
Speaking of logic...yours is flawed.

Muslims who look like me:

http://media.komonews.com/images/ryan_g_ander...

http://www.911dude.com/kevinbarrett.jpg

http://michaelbrowntoday.com/wp-content/uploa...

http://www.nndb.com/people/485/000026407/john...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#551 Sep 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse...s/he's attempted an equivalency between Islamic jihadists and Topix posters.
Whackaloon.
Still choosing to ignore all of the links regarding Muslims standing up against the radicals, eh Tippo?

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#552 Sep 25, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
That you speak of a "group of radicals who're secretive" displays your ignorance on the matter.
The West is at war against a global Islamic jihad.
From 9/11/01 up until this very hour, the global Islamic jihad of which we speak has carried out 21,640 deadly terror attacks.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Meanwhile, the "moderate Muslims" cower in fear/obedience.
And Western politicians speak of tolerance, open borders, and non-discrimination.
Someone better to get to discriminating.
You got that right!
Key words are radical, and global jihad.
When they come to the US, they become citizens so it's hard to discriminate,according to out constitution.

If only people would do their research, instead of mocking, and demeaning the truth
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#553 Sep 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right!
Key words are radical, and global jihad.
When they come to the US, they become citizens so it's hard to discriminate,according to out constitution.
If only people would do their research, instead of mocking, and demeaning the truth
How do we identify the "good ones" and the "bad ones"?

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#554 Sep 25, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldnt students have a survey of work religions and understand some basics about their neighbors across the street. One of my brother's best friends in school, a Palestinian Muslim from Akron, attended Catholic schools through high school.
All religions teach basically the same thing. And as I've pointed out before, Jesus and Mary are both highly regarded in the Koran.
I think it's fine, as long as all other religions are included. If a person has a good foundation from their family traditions, I wouldn't worry.
Some Muslims do go to the Catholic schools for a good education.
On the downside of that, they persist about needing foot baths, and taking all religious artifacts from the walls.
Now that is not right. That shows they don't have respect for OUR traditions and religion.only theirs counts.The schools cave.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#556 Sep 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we identify the "good ones" and the "bad ones"?
Call Karl, BB, Tip, or Paco, and ask them.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#558 Sep 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's fine, as long as all other religions are included. If a person has a good foundation from their family traditions, I wouldn't worry.
Some Muslims do go to the Catholic schools for a good education.
On the downside of that, they persist about needing foot baths, and taking all religious artifacts from the walls.
Now that is not right. That shows they don't have respect for OUR traditions and religion.only theirs counts.The schools cave.
Yes, there are numerous Catholic Schools catering to Muslims and installing foot baths.

Are you insane?

woof

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#559 Sep 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we identify the "good ones" and the "bad ones"?
Good=no action or protest on their part of their fellow Muslim
Bad= you just never know who you're talking to! or walking near.....or living next door to......
Got an answer?
Just like any criminal, what does a criminal look like?
What does a rapist or murderer look like?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#560 Sep 25, 2013
Note missing posts #555 and #557.

Like Duke, Che and RU...the Topix mods cannot stomach the ugly truth either -- that truth being that "moderate" Muslims do not speak up and protest en masse against jihadists. Guess they didn't appreciate the photos of mere handfuls of "moderate" Muslims showing up to protest terrorism.

Dennis Prager has the best idea.
What Muslim could be against this...?

"...Muslim leaders -- specifically, every imam in the world who is not a supporter of terror, the leaders of the most important Sunni institutions, such as the Al-Azhar Mosque and University in Cairo, and religious leaders in Saudi Arabia and the in Gulf states -- must announce that any Muslim who participates in any deliberate attack on civilians goes to hell.

This must be announced as clearly and as repeatedly as, for example, Muslim condemnations of Israel.

Just as the promise of immediate entrance into paradise animates many Muslim terrorists, the promise of immediate hell would dissuade many Muslims from committing acts of terrorism. Just as the promise of 72 virgins animates many Muslim terrorists, the promise of hell would dissuade many Muslims from terrorism.

Whenever non-Muslims ask Muslim organizations about Muslim terrorism, these organizations trot out the various anti-terrorism statements they have issued. But these are largely useless because: a) they are usually issued by Western Muslim organizations; b) even when they are issued by Middle Eastern Muslims, they almost always include condemnation of "state terrorism," which is Muslim-speak for condemnation of any use of force by Israel; and c) these statements usually also condemn non-Muslim terror, as if Christian or Jewish or Buddhist terrorism is as great a threat to humanity as is Muslim terrorism.

Therefore the statements that need to be made by every Muslim teacher, school, mosque and organization that does not support Muslim terror must be unequivocal. They need to state that any Muslim who targets (SET ITAL) any (END ITAL) civilian for death -- whether that civilian is Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu or of no religion -- goes to hell.

In addition, there need to be large Muslim demonstrations against Muslim terrorism. I understand that Muslim clerics who would organize such demonstrations in the Muslim world might be risking their lives. But what about Muslims in America and Europe?

There have been huge Muslim demonstrations against cartoons depicting Muhammad and any other perceived "insult" against Islam. But I am unaware of a single demonstration of Muslims against Muslim terror directed at non-Muslims.

And if morality doesn't persuade Muslim leaders to issue such a statement and organize such demonstrations, perhaps self-interest will. To just about everyone in the world outside of academia and the media, Islam is not looking good. Muslim leaders should be aware that with Muslims burning Christian churches and Christian bodies in Pakistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Egypt and elsewhere, and the regular massacring of innocents by Muslim terror groups, the protestations by Muslim spokesmen that "Islam is religion of peace" are beginning to wear thin. For a religion that seeks converts, this is not a positive development.

On the other hand, perhaps not that many Muslim religious leaders do believe that Muslim terrorists are going to hell."

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#561 Sep 25, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are numerous Catholic Schools catering to Muslims and installing foot baths.
Are you insane?
woof
http://www.universitybusiness.com/article/acc...
Now STFU
All you had to do is google it, hotshot

Pass the Canoli

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#562 Sep 25, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are numerous Catholic Schools catering to Muslims and installing foot baths.
Are you insane?
woof
Give it time:

Muslims Say Crosses at Catholic University Violate 'Human Rights'

The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The investigation alleges that Muslim students “must perform their prayers surrounded by symbols of Catholicism – e.g., a wooden crucifix, paintings of Jesus, pictures of priests and theologians which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”
http://nation.foxnews.com/war-religion/2011/1...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#565 Sep 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's fine, as long as all other religions are included. If a person has a good foundation from their family traditions, I wouldn't worry.
Some Muslims do go to the Catholic schools for a good education.
On the downside of that, they persist about needing foot baths, and taking all religious artifacts from the walls.
Now that is not right. That shows they don't have respect for OUR traditions and religion.only theirs counts.The schools cave.
Really? A private Catholic school removed its religious paraphernalia at the request of Muslims who attended the school? I find that pretty hard to believe. Do you have any proof?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 11 min Seriouslady 4,787
chanukah hanukkah day 2 12 min BizzyBee 18
College football | Tom Herman introduced as Hou... 16 min hey now hey now 1
Censoring Male. 35 min Catman Dave 6
High schools: Harvest prep is slapped by OHSAA ... (May '11) 1 hr Michael 194
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 279
Public Flogging 3 hr Big Tex 18
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 5 hr Big Papa Tea 333
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 11 hr White cop 27
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:03 pm PST

ESPN 1:03PM
Browns' Mingo fined $16,537 for hit on Dalton
ESPN 1:03 PM
Browns' Mingo fined $16,537 for hit on Dalton
NFL 1:47 PM
'Sound FX' spies Manziel's meeting with Marvin Lewis
NFL 1:47 PM
'Sound FX' spies Manziel's meeting with Marvin Lewis
Yahoo! Sports 2:09 PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals