Students Take Field Trip to Mosque, R...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#25 Sep 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, can we count on you to keep your canine pie hole shut if an Akron public school class should visit a local parish for Mass and a local synagogue for Seder Feast, while excluding the local mosque and Sikh temple, and specifically, omitting class discussion of atheism?
I really don't concern myself with those sorts of things.

I teach my children to stay away from organized religion at home. Always have, always will.

I also teach them to think for themselves.

But if the school sets up a field trip to a mosque, church, temple, or park, why should that worry me, or any reasonable parent or person?

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26 Sep 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't concern myself with those sorts of things.
I teach my children to stay away from organized religion at home. Always have, always will.
I also teach them to think for themselves.
But if the school sets up a field trip to a mosque, church, temple, or park, why should that worry me, or any reasonable parent or person?
woof
Deflection FAIL.
The field trip isn't the point of contention.
The purposeful skewed perspective is.
Naturally, as a leftist parent, it is in your interest to condone such practices.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27 Sep 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/n32n2ap
while a student who opted out of the trip was given a worksheet that alleged Muslims treated their conquered people better than the United States treated minorities.
This is what I object to. It is clearly opinionated. Really? Was another opinion, pro-American, presented? Was the idea of how peoples conquered by Muslims vs. modern day minorities of Americans presented in a balanced fashion?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#28 Sep 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

I teach my children to stay away from organized religion at home. Always have, always will.
And people like me teach their kids to stay away from kids like yours. We don't want your secular values (which is really just Secular Judaism) in our homes.

Always have, always will.

I listened to my parents and they will too.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#29 Sep 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The obvious point, Bob, is that these public educators did not attempt to hide their disdain of Christianity in contrast to Islam and Hinduism. A balanced educational perspective it was not.
That part I agree with. But, I would guess that a not insignificant part of the population is offended by the mere fact that they were taken to a mosque in the first place.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#30 Sep 18, 2013
To whoever voted nuts:

The first question when any child in the family goes on a date with someone is, "Is she Christian? Don't bother bringing her over if she isn't."

They get the message, believe me.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#31 Sep 18, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>

My problem is when they get in your face, and start demanding changes to suit their own beliefs.
The Cultural Marxists (Secular Jews) did that to us and I completely agree with you.

But as you can see, the flame burns bright. The commies tried to suppress Christianity for 70 years and all they ended up doing is driving it into peoples' homes. Their President Putin is a KGB apparatchik who was secretly baptised by his mother and prime example of this phenomenon.

The Cultural Marxists will never succeed because our way of living is superior in each and every measure. And if we are smart enough to keep our kids away from secular trash, they will be stuck in their own underclass ghetto of their own creation.

Family is the building block of society, not erotic instant gratification which is all the secular types seem to care about.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#32 Sep 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Synagogue, Bob?
Sure. Why not?

And then when they get home, their parents can tell them the story of all the evil the Jews brought upon western civilization through their money grubbing, atheism, and pushing for communism and the sexual revolution. It is incumbent upon all Christians to know the real story and to make sure their children understand the real truth as opposed to whitewashed pablum the secular crowd sanitizes for the doped up masses.

The carpetbaggers in the aftermath of the Civil War were mostly Jewish. I wonder why they hid that from us in school?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#33 Sep 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That part I agree with. But, I would guess that a not insignificant part of the population is offended by the mere fact that they were taken to a mosque in the first place.
I have no problem with kids being taught the basics of any major faith system so long as their parents agree to it. My mom once told me she took a trip with some of her friends to the Islamic mosque in Perrysburg. She was fascinated by it, the art work, the description of how they dealt with their dead, and the explanations they provided on some components of their faith. Like she said, it in no way converted her or even convinced her that their faith was "better" or "superior" to hers. And this is out of a woman who was convinced when I was 22 and took my first "big girl" job in a Jewish organization, I would go to hell because I would step into a synagogue from time to time as part of the job. I guess she softened her views a bit as she aged, eh?

When you look at it, religion was one of the major factors in most historical events. Helps to understand that when trying to understand what is occurring today. Doesn't mean I support the religion or believe it in, just means it's good to know and understand.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#34 Sep 18, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem learning about other religions. In fact, my brother has a PhD in world religions.
My problem is when they get in your face, and start demanding changes to suit their own beliefs. This is rapidly happening here in this country and around the world. Read some of the info from that site and you will find what's going on and what slowly is happening here. It's a reality we as a nation must address, but are ignoring all the subtle signs.
I am not saying all muslims are bad, of course not. It is the radicals who are imposing their beliefs onto others. They are gaining stride. They are already pushing for sharia in this country but in two states, the initiative was voted down..they are very persistant and will never back down.
You have no interest in the truth, do you?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#35 Sep 18, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying all muslims are bad, of course not. It is the radicals who are imposing their beliefs onto others. They are gaining stride. They are already pushing for sharia in this country but in two states, the initiative was voted down..they are very persistant and will never back down.
My grandparents in the old country were very close to a Turkish family in their village. They would always be invited over for the Christian holidays, and likewise they would get an invite to come over for the Moslem holidays.

I've been told that Turks are very loyal to people they are close to. Their loyalty is almost considered to be a blood oath. But don't cross them because the same kind of intense passion will be directed against you.

There are good people in all cultures, and the more homogenous a culture is, the better people get along with each other.

That said, this country was founded by Christians. That's what it is and that's what it always will be whether the secular crowd likes it or not.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#36 Sep 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection FAIL.
The field trip isn't the point of contention.
The purposeful skewed perspective is.
Naturally, as a leftist parent, it is in your interest to condone such practices.
Of course, you haven't seen the syllabus for the class, have you? All you know about the class is what Foxnews and a student who got a bad grade has said about it. Don't you think the point of the class was exposure to things that the kids might not have experienced in their daily lives?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#37 Sep 18, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no interest in the truth, do you?
Projection. Seems to me Bizz has been reading up on the matter and keeping an open mind. You? Clearly biased against anyone as a Christian. Feck off.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#38 Sep 18, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with kids being taught the basics of any major faith system so long as their parents agree to it. My mom once told me she took a trip with some of her friends to the Islamic mosque in Perrysburg. She was fascinated by it, the art work, the description of how they dealt with their dead, and the explanations they provided on some components of their faith. Like she said, it in no way converted her or even convinced her that their faith was "better" or "superior" to hers. And this is out of a woman who was convinced when I was 22 and took my first "big girl" job in a Jewish organization, I would go to hell because I would step into a synagogue from time to time as part of the job. I guess she softened her views a bit as she aged, eh?
When you look at it, religion was one of the major factors in most historical events. Helps to understand that when trying to understand what is occurring today. Doesn't mean I support the religion or believe it in, just means it's good to know and understand.
Wow. That explains a lot about why you are the way you are. You never had a chance.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#39 Sep 18, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text> Foxnews and a student who got a bad grade has said about it.
Do you always inject your fantasies in here? Nothing was said about a bad grade in the article. How is this fantasy of yours relevant, "Counselor?"

Another valid point is that there was no way the school was going to provide a balanced perspective by providing field trips for equal representation.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#40 Sep 18, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That explains a lot about why you are the way you are. You never had a chance.
Projection, again. Jealous because I had a mother who cared about her family? Or can't you handle a woman, such as my mother, learn and grow throughout her life. Must be tough living in fear, jealousy, and negativity. Feck off.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#41 Sep 18, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection. Seems to me Bizz has been reading up on the matter and keeping an open mind. You? Clearly biased against anyone as a Christian. Feck off.
There is no question about it at all. You are the stupidest person on this forum.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#42 Sep 18, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection. Seems to me Bizz has been reading up on the matter and keeping an open mind. You? Clearly biased against anyone as a Christian. Feck off.
Bizz has been reading blogs by wingnut lunatics. I don't favor one cult over any other.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#43 Sep 18, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always inject your fantasies in here? Nothing was said about a bad grade in the article. How is this fantasy of yours relevant, "Counselor?"
Another valid point is that there was no way the school was going to provide a balanced perspective by providing field trips for equal representation.
Try reading this sentence from the article, stupid.

"Her parents warned her that she might be punished by her teachers for standing up for her beliefs – and she was. Jessica received a ‘zero’ for the assignment."

Now, I understand that in your family a "zero" might not be considered a bad grade, but to the rest of humanity it is.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#44 Sep 18, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always inject your fantasies in here? Nothing was said about a bad grade in the article. How is this fantasy of yours relevant, "Counselor?"
"Jessica received a ‘zero’ for the assignment."
Another valid point is that there was no way the school was going to provide a balanced perspective by providing field trips for equal representation.
Yeah I am sure that most schoolchildren in Hendersonville, Tennessee have never been exposed to Christianity nor ever seen a Bible in their homes.

Please continue to embarrass yourself. I enjoy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeps pushing and pushing.... 15 min jonjedi 114
President Trump Rally 2017 Florida 28 min Pope Che Reagan C... 70
Conservative icon likes little boys 37 min Duke for Mayor 2
What is happening in Sweden? 38 min Big Johnson 68
Cop helps with homework; student fails 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
High Crimes and Misdemeanors 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 76
"HEIL, mein Führer!" 4 hr BizzyBee 11
Dems Progress To A New Low 5 hr jonjedi 224

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages