Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Can't see the White House for the trees.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Duke for Slayer wrote:
Can't see the White House for the trees.
"I need to talk to you about Inaugural clothing budget. I need answers and Bob is screaming about the thousands Iím charging up in credit card debt. We are broke, have an unconscionable amount in credit card debt already, and this Inaugural is killing us!! I need answers and I need help, and I need to get this done."

woof
Duke for Slayer

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

What difference, at this point, does it make?
Bizzy Bee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ local/virginia-politics/former -va-gov-mcdonnell-and-wife-cha rged-in-gifts-case/2014/01/21/ 1ed704d2-82cb-11e3-9dd4-e7278d b80d86_story.html
woof
I started a thread about "LOOPHOLES allow politicians reel in"
This won't get too much response because of who it is, if you get my drift.....
Ain't that a kicker?
Bizzy Bee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Oooops. Topix logged me out agin....what the hell......
Where's my bee?
Why does this happen?
Lol
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Bizzy Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
I started a thread about "LOOPHOLES allow politicians reel in"
This won't get too much response because of who it is, if you get my drift.....
Ain't that a kicker?
Yeah, I saw it.

woof

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Bizzy Bee wrote:
Where's my bee?
Why does this happen?
Lol
If you have a program that keeps your computer clean by deleting history and cookies at a certain time, that could be the reason. It happens to me too every day. I just sign back in. I also noticed that if you do a defrag, that will sign you out sometimes too. I actually like when that happens because it tells me that my programs are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> If you have a program that keeps your computer clean by deleting history and cookies at a certain time, that could be the reason. It happens to me too every day. I just sign back in. I also noticed that if you do a defrag, that will sign you out sometimes too. I actually like when that happens because it tells me that my programs are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
I'm on an iPad....it's funny how iPads put in words while typing that it thinks what you're going to say..I have to reread everything, and typing fast I don't always catch mistakes.
Hope you're keeping warm enough! How are the kitties?

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on an iPad....it's funny how iPads put in words while typing that it thinks what you're going to say..I have to reread everything, and typing fast I don't always catch mistakes.
Hope you're keeping warm enough! How are the kitties?
It got down to 50 in here last night. But I have a king size bed with lots of blankets that the cats can crawl under if they want. But that last cold snap with all that wind really put the chill on me. It got down to 44 on that night.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Bizzy Bee wrote:
Why does this happen?
You or an auto setting could've cleared cookies and/or cache. If your browser's history appears to have been cleared since last night, that's probably it. However, I don't think an iPad clears such data automatically, but your browser may after so long.
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to reread everything, and typing fast I don't always catch mistakes.
If you don't like it or unsure how to disable.
Settings: General >Keyboard setting> Slide to set Check Spelling and Auto-Correction to ON or OFF.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Bizzy Bee wrote:
Where's my bee?
Why does this happen?
Lol
Or your account got hacked. LOL

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
You or an auto setting could've cleared cookies and/or cache. If your browser's history appears to have been cleared since last night, that's probably it. However, I don't think an iPad clears such data automatically, but your browser may after so long.
<quoted text>
If you don't like it or unsure how to disable.
Settings: General >Keyboard setting> Slide to set Check Spelling and Auto-Correction to ON or OFF.
I do have the check spell on, but it still puts words in that I don't even type.....iPads have a mind of their own. Lol
Speaking of account hacked...oy!
I spent 5 hrs with att to find out why I couldn't get into my email. Turns out that a guy took my name off the account and put his name in. It was imbedded deep into the hard drive. Five hrs. I wanted to scream! That's when I was using my PC. I like my iPad a lot, but the spelling drives me nuts. It inserts words it thinks I mean to type.
Thank you for your help. Stay warm!
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> If you have a program that keeps your computer clean by deleting history and cookies at a certain time, that could be the reason. It happens to me too every day. I just sign back in. I also noticed that if you do a defrag, that will sign you out sometimes too. I actually like when that happens because it tells me that my programs are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
I'm not familiar with how Windows/PC has changed in the last several years, but I'd like to mention that clearing your computers cookies and cache(so often), can harm its performance. Clearing "ALL" instead of choosing what cookies and cache to clear may slow down your computer because it's constantly rebuilding its cache, which helps websites run smoother on your device. Plus, I wouldn't get paranoid about what cookie is stored as long as you set what cookies are allowed on certain sites.

As for other users running Apple's OSX or IOS devices, they don't need any third party programs to clean or protect its system. Apple runs scripts silently in the background daily/weekly in taking pretty good care of itself.

Dave, I'm not harping on your opinion or completely disagreeing with it, just adding a few specifics.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have the check spell on, but it still puts words in that I don't even type.....iPads have a mind of their own. Lol
See if turning Auto-Correction OFF and leaving Check Spelling ON helps you out.
(General > Keyboard)

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with how Windows/PC has changed in the last several years, but I'd like to mention that clearing your computers cookies and cache(so often), can harm its performance. Clearing "ALL" instead of choosing what cookies and cache to clear may slow down your computer because it's constantly rebuilding its cache, which helps websites run smoother on your device. Plus, I wouldn't get paranoid about what cookie is stored as long as you set what cookies are allowed on certain sites.
As for other users running Apple's OSX or IOS devices, they don't need any third party programs to clean or protect its system. Apple runs scripts silently in the background daily/weekly in taking pretty good care of itself.
Dave, I'm not harping on your opinion or completely disagreeing with it, just adding a few specifics.
Here's what happens to me. When I am rapidly going from site to site for a number of hours, sometimes it will slow down a bit, or the pages will load funny. When I do that "internet options-delete-delete" thing, it speeds back up. Maybe I have something set wrong? I don't know the technical of these things too well yet and if I ever have a big problem, I call my tech and he walks me through what to do.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

I like you bizzyBee with or without. All right, children, I'm talking about her BEE. Don't get any ideas!!!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
See if turning Auto-Correction OFF and leaving Check Spelling ON helps you out.
(General > Keyboard)
I turned auto correct off...I'll see what happens.
Oy.....lol
Thank you again.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

dunadd wrote:
I like you bizzyBee with or without. All right, children, I'm talking about her BEE. Don't get any ideas!!!
Thank you dunadd. I like my bumble bee
Sometimes topix logs me out without notice.
Lol
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> Here's what happens to me. When I am rapidly going from site to site for a number of hours, sometimes it will slow down a bit, or the pages will load funny. When I do that "internet options-delete-delete" thing, it speeds back up. Maybe I have something set wrong? I don't know the technical of these things too well yet and if I ever have a big problem, I call my tech and he walks me through what to do.
It's too hard to diagnose without knowing your computers limits. You might just be trying to overwork a congested machine. Then again, it could also be your internet provider or a combination of both.
Here's a link to help in performance issues
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/im...
Or, you can Google a specific guide of your interest, because i'm very rusty at troubleshooting a Windows operating system. I can only relate with the universal aspects between the two(Apple & PC).

PS: A common issue is RAM when it comes to slowing down.
Plus, I'd recommend you "Disc Clean-up" before defragment every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min Duke for Mayor 29,482
Do you agree with bringing Ebola virus to the USA 9 min Duke for Mayor 4
Zimmerman questioned by Florida Police 12 min Duke for Mayor 8
Is it a good idea for Obama regieme to pay $7,4... 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 1 hr Shanikwah 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr me again 2,954
The Sarah Salin Channel 2 hr Male 8
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters