Ohio Supreme Court upholds payout limit on skill games | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A $10 limit on the payout of so-called games of skill was unanimously upheld today by the Ohio Supreme Court, reversing a lower court.
Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Unrepentant Cynic wrote:
So let it be written, so let it be done.
"The justices deemed that the prize ceiling serves as legitimate government purpose."
I mean that sounds reasonable. They said it, it must be true. I'm convinced. Aren't you?
Are these people for real? I suppose if they say, "There's no limit to our power," we'd all just nod and sit down.
Please tell me many, if not most, realize we simply can't put up with much more of this and remain a 'free' society.
Limiting the prize ceiling is a legitimate government purpose? What's next, limiting how many squares you use is a legitimate government purpose?
Right wing rethuglican Supreme Court what do you expect...Just keep voting those hacks in and see what you get in that Kangaroo Court! I bet those justices all have big pouches to carry all of their CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS
this aint justice

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

I wonder how much bribe money was spent on these worthless judges?

In their Satonic robes they look & act like something from da Middle Ages.

Here's my middle finger for these crooks.

Eat me.
Jim

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Civil War Veteran wrote:
Let me see if I have this correct.
So the skilled games at amusement parks,fairs and carnival now have a cap on thier prize limits also.
In this case they may only be reffering to like cash prizes?
So are bingo games skilled or games of luck?
Does the poker games and poker tounaments promoters have a limit on thier prizes?
I know it is a game of skill to win them, with some luck
Does the horse racing tracks now have a limit.
We know they all crooked and have fixed races.
Who runds that tote board that say everyone is betting on the #10 horse at 6/5 odds and the #2 at even money (1-1 odds) horse does not finsh in the top four spots in a six horse field
I see this day in and day out
How crooked is any of this gambling and why a limit?
The lottery says it is watch by itself.
State comissiner watches a stete lottery
They may not now who will win, but they know what numbers come up day in and day out
You can't have any fun in like at my age.
If you are a Civil War Vet, you are lucky that you arent dust yet
One Oar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Unrepentant Cynic wrote:
So let it be written, so let it be done.
"The justices deemed that the prize ceiling serves as legitimate government purpose."

Limiting the prize ceiling is a legitimate government purpose? What's next, limiting how many squares you use is a legitimate government purpose?
Good points...is this what we really need Ohio's highest court engaged with? Waste of tax payers dollars...but it an even bigger waste because some knucklehead in the General Assembly made the restricting law.

Vote Libertarian and vote for freedom.
Tater

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

way to go again Ohio legislature .....you have successfully made me GO BACK TO WEST VIRGINIA to gamble ......I can DRINK SMOKE AND GAMBLE at the same time !!! PI$$ on Ohio and their stupid rules......grow up
Skill games

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

We manufacture skill games, and while I can't speak for other companies, our games are 100% true skill. Our games even have a proven percentage of payback that is comparable to a Vegas slot. We never cheat players.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 48 min Canton 29,425
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 54 min repent 2,224
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 1 hr Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Male 2,948
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 38
Students wear burqas in Texas High School 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 2 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••