Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is ...

Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is probed

There are 102 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 20, 2009, titled Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is probed. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Pike County deputy sheriff is on leave after fatally shooting a convicted felon who apparently tried to run him down with his own patrol car Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hoggy

Sumner, WA

#111 Jan 8, 2010
Alchemy,

Your perception of the area is greatly clouded and appears to be unwarranted. Have you ever visited this part of the country? There are some very good people residing there and I can assure you that not everyone is as narrow minded as you may think. Your stereotypical depiction of rural areas is classic and quite entertaining, but may be off base in this instance.

Back to the original topic. It is unfortunate that the Deputy was placed in the position to have to use his weapon. This Deputy was performing his duty and when duty called for his action, he acted as a result of another individuals choice to break the law. The Deputy did not get up out of bed and join a vigilantly, but was performing his job when a thug fleeing authorities crashed into his life. The past actions of the deceased finally caught up to him and I am only grateful that the death toll was only one.
Mary

United States

#112 Mar 23, 2014
Wow I can't believe the shit people say about someone that is dead. For one that's my damn cousin you guys are talking about. No that cop should of never killed my cousin he could of at less shot him in the arm but no he shot him in his chest, face and somewhere else. Beaver is a fucked up town. For another yes he was wanted for something he never did. They accused him of it because he had tons of cases of him stealing. He would never break into someone's house and kill them like they was trying to say he did. No one in this world is perfect. Yes I hope karma comes and bite that cop in the ass. I'm not saying my cousin was perfect no he wasn't yes he made mistakes u guys at like u guys never made mistakes. He made a mistake and got killed over it. U guys must really not have a life to sit on this dumb as* web site and talk sh*t about people. People these days. If people would mind their own business there wouldn't be so much drama. Im not scared to say who I am some of u people are scared to even say who u r. Yes I know beaver very well. I lived there. Its a shit hole town. Its drug heaven now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans are Fun 16 min free pIzza 4 U 67
FIND LINDA and PAMMY! 1 hr Doc 6
A Tennessee store put up a "no gays allowed" si... 1 hr d pantz 62
Dance Club 2 hr Pam 24
drugs in my apartments 2 hr Pam 57
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 2 hr Pam 94
Be Free 5 hr Sofa-King Free 3
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE