Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is ...

Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is probed

There are 102 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 20, 2009, titled Deputy on leave as fatal shooting is probed. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Pike County deputy sheriff is on leave after fatally shooting a convicted felon who apparently tried to run him down with his own patrol car Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
No1_Stuuna

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2009
Great job by the deputy!
Crystal

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2009
No1_Stuuna wrote:
Great job by the deputy!
Are you frekin serious? I have known this kid my whole life. Even though he may have had some problems about stealing, that didn't give that piece of sh!t tiny town cop a right to MURDER him! The cop and his supposed witness have already been caught up in 2 different lies. First they said that Steven had a gun and when they couldn't produce that weapon they went on to say that Steven had a knife. Once again they couldn't produce a weapon. So now their story is that Steven tried to run over the cop with the cruiser. Let me ask you this, how did Steven have access to the cruiser? I'll answer that for you. Because the tiny town wanna be hero left his vehicle unattended! Steven got away with the vehicle, so instead of calling for backup to help him catch Steven, he shot him too death so that he wouldn't look like the dumba** that he is! These tiny town pieces of sh!t even ordered an autopsy because they said that they didn't know if the crash killed him or the gunshots. Well people, go look at the pictures on the channel 10 news web site and you can see for yourselves that the car never even made a dent in that church. The boy was dead before he ever got to the church. The only thing Steven was guilty of other than running was that he wanted to spend his birthday (the very next day) with his loved ones before he turned himself in. They said that there is an ongoing investigation, but it is going to go further than they think, because if I can help it at all his family will not let this "MURDERER" by with what he did! The cop is the 1 that messed up and the piece of sh!t took Steven's life for it. Maybe that lil ticket writing town needs a few more officers who didn't grow up there and who have actually had to deal with criminals before. One more thing before I go, the news said that a resident of this lil town called in and said that they had seen Steven on the crime stoppers most wanted (in which was true...he was on there). So the cop knew who he was going to arrest before he got to where Steven was, which also means that the cop knew he was a thief. So tell me why the dumba** would have walked away from his vehicle with it running, knowing that there was a chance that Steven may take it? It doesn't really matter what you think anyway because it will all be left up to a Judge and Jury before it's over, because this is MURDER!!! The cop is at fault and he will have to pay for what he done! If this tiny town piece of sh!t gets by with this on while he is still on earth, than GOD will get him and you can believe that!
wanda

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2009
No1_Stuuna wrote:
Great job by the deputy!
hey dumba** stuuna do you even know the story and what the cop done? probably not so you need to shut it. oh and "NO 1 STUUNA" your to funny and i think you spelled that wrong stupid a**
Crystal

United States

#7 Jun 20, 2009
Another thing! Don't they have tazer guns in that tee tiny town? How can a cop kill an unarmed man and get away with it? If the truth was known, he probably shot him in the back, huh? The family will get a full autopsy report, even though the crooked cops in that town had his body sent to Cincinnati for the autopsy!
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#10 Jun 22, 2009
Crystal, it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about.
Beaver doesn't have cops.
There were all kinds of cops even state cops there.
He was wanted. He tried to run over the cop.
You need to talk to someone who was there.
Tom-R2

Galion, OH

#11 Jun 22, 2009
An amazing statistic - hundreds of thousands of folks have contacts with police officers every day - without being shot. Looking at those cases, we see they cooperate and act civil while dealing with the police. The ones who get shot are the ones who : 1) wanted for crimes; 2) act in a violent way towards the police or others. Police shootings are behavior-driven. If you behave badly, you risk being treated badly. It isn't rocket science.
Alchemy

Centerburg, OH

#12 Jun 22, 2009
"Tried to run me over" is a standard cop lie when they shoot someone in a vehicle because that supposedly makes it justifiable. Many videos show them doing that and only a real alice in wonderland cant see they deliberately lied or made it look that way like standing in front on purpose. In this case, that wasnt even the original story. They first said "when he tried to drive away." Cops are so pathetic with the standard lies like "tried to run me over" they just automatically say it even when they dont need to. They probably didnt even need to say it here to get out of it. Less known that they can shoot someone in a vehicle if it would be safer to the public.
Alchemy

Centerburg, OH

#13 Jun 22, 2009
For you city folks who hope to look into it. The sherrif is likely a 32nd deg mason. Most are, especially rural areas. Take it from there and see how the town works. I dont think of it as conspiracy so much but they really back each other and they would all think they live in mayberry and they are all too righteous to do anything wrong no matter how backwards it all is.
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#14 Jun 22, 2009
Alchemy wrote:
For you city folks who hope to look into it. The sherrif is likely a 32nd deg mason. Most are, especially rural areas. Take it from there and see how the town works. I dont think of it as conspiracy so much but they really back each other and they would all think they live in mayberry and they are all too righteous to do anything wrong no matter how backwards it all is.
With every post you make you are proving you know nothing about this area. You are a hoot.
I'm sure this felon was only going to take the cruiser up to the dairy queen for an ice cream cone. Then bring it right back.
Yeah right. He was such a good guy.
Wonder how the people felt after he broke in on them? Was he only going to borrow the stuff he stole, and bring it right back too.
He was a wanted man (pardon the pun), but he had never done nothing wrong in his pure little life.
He had to be stopped, for the safety of citizens.
Stealing cop cars is not a thing a good person would do, as anyone with any sense would know, except you.
He played his games and lost.
Alchemy

Centerburg, OH

#15 Jun 23, 2009
Tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
With every post you make you are proving you know nothing about this area. You are a hoot.
I'm sure this felon was only going to take the cruiser up to the dairy queen for an ice cream cone. Then bring it right back.
Yeah right. He was such a good guy.
Wonder how the people felt after he broke in on them? Was he only going to borrow the stuff he stole, and bring it right back too.
He was a wanted man (pardon the pun), but he had never done nothing wrong in his pure little life.
He had to be stopped, for the safety of citizens.
Stealing cop cars is not a thing a good person would do, as anyone with any sense would know, except you.
He played his games and lost.
I cant stand actual criminals but I hate lying cops even more. You are a typical who seems to overlook anything your good guy masons do which is obviously evident because you missed the point.
John Doe

Covington, GA

#16 Jun 23, 2009
I think the point is we only gets bits and pieces of information that is released. Instead of automatically passing judgement against the police officer, which Alchemy and many other conspericy theirists do, we need to wait for the reports to come out from the investigation. That will show the facts of what happened.
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#17 Jun 23, 2009
Alchemy wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant stand actual criminals but I hate lying cops even more. You are a typical who seems to overlook anything your good guy masons do which is obviously evident because you missed the point.
I fail to get the point "masons"
Am I missing something?
I'm very confused.
Crystal

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2009
Tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
With every post you make you are proving you know nothing about this area. You are a hoot.
I'm sure this felon was only going to take the cruiser up to the dairy queen for an ice cream cone. Then bring it right back.
Yeah right. He was such a good guy.
Wonder how the people felt after he broke in on them? Was he only going to borrow the stuff he stole, and bring it right back too.
He was a wanted man (pardon the pun), but he had never done nothing wrong in his pure little life.
He had to be stopped, for the safety of citizens.
Stealing cop cars is not a thing a good person would do, as anyone with any sense would know, except you.
He played his games and lost.
I didn't say that he was a saint! But like the other person said, in the original report it said "When He Tried To Drive Away"! It was the 2nd or 3rd day after this happend that the whole "He Tried To Run Me Over" thing came up. Did you not catch that? They first said that he had a gun, then the supposed witness said that he backed the officer up with a knife, but another cop who was at least 1/2 a** honest said that they couldn't confirm that...Because there was NO KNIFE! This cop shot at Steven 7 or 8 times...WTF? He just didn't want to look like the ignorant pig that he is for leaving his car running while he tried to arrest someone who was wanted for stealing! What, did the pig think that Steven wouldn't attempt to steal from him? Even if the pig isn't charged with this MURDER...GOD WILL get him and none of you small town folks or the mason sh!t can get him out of that!
Alchemy

Centerburg, OH

#19 Jun 23, 2009
Tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to get the point "masons"
Am I missing something?
I'm very confused.
I suppose its because I spent a good part of life in the city I noticed something was very strange in the rural are where Ive lived for a long time now. Maybe if I were born here I wouldnt have noticed. Masonry dominates the county standard, its politics and pretty much dictates who will be popular in the county and who wont be. Ive never thought it to be a knowing conspiracy as some do. People like being popular, having nice stuff and having support from others. People who are anti masonic types whether the choose to be or or not or whether they know they are or not are generally labeled the lesser of the county at least. The more extreme is that they are the "bad people," they have problems etc etc. Masons have a level of pride, self righteousness and confidence that is seldom touched by anything. People in hard rigid truth are actually the enemy or another variety of "bad people" to them. Someone who is not "down to earth" either has problems or is just a nut to them. "Down to earth" is exactly and perfectly luciferean which is what masons are and they know it. This was one of the big secrets people werent supposed to know years ago. Masonry goes to the very roots of the founding of America. So it seems all normal and good to most americans. But again, truth is the problem to them. Truth was deliberately left out of the constitution. Masons just tell people what they want to hear and try to gain as many supporters possible anyway they can. The idea regardless of how a mason may describe it is to become "gods by the power of the people." Politics and democracy are purely masonic concepts. A masons job is usually just to see to it that you worship the government in some way and as you know them you clearly see that. You could figure it out considering some of these things and watching your local masons. You may even get know a person is mason right off when you see them like I can. Usually they will tell you if you ask but they are usually real evasive about talking about serious things and dart around alot refusing to think or hear.
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#20 Jun 23, 2009
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that he was a saint! But like the other person said, in the original report it said "When He Tried To Drive Away"! It was the 2nd or 3rd day after this happend that the whole "He Tried To Run Me Over" thing came up. Did you not catch that? They first said that he had a gun, then the supposed witness said that he backed the officer up with a knife, but another cop who was at least 1/2 a** honest said that they couldn't confirm that...Because there was NO KNIFE! This cop shot at Steven 7 or 8 times...WTF? He just didn't want to look like the ignorant pig that he is for leaving his car running while he tried to arrest someone who was wanted for stealing! What, did the pig think that Steven wouldn't attempt to steal from him? Even if the pig isn't charged with this MURDER...GOD WILL get him and none of you small town folks or the mason sh!t can get him out of that!
Dear Mason,
I heard about it right after it happened from eye witnesses.
Where did you hear your?
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#21 Jun 23, 2009
Alchemy, you are ate up with stupidity.
This case has nothing to do with masons.
Good lord.
Crystal

United States

#22 Jun 23, 2009
Tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mason,
I heard about it right after it happened from eye witnesses.
Where did you hear your?
I knew that you were from the tee tiny town!!!
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#23 Jun 23, 2009
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that you were from the tee tiny town!!!
Well, actually I live in a city about 10 miles away from Beaver.
Do you want to know anything else about me, if so just ask that way you won't have to play investigator gadget to find out.
John Doe

Covington, GA

#24 Jun 23, 2009
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that he was a saint! But like the other person said, in the original report it said "When He Tried To Drive Away"! It was the 2nd or 3rd day after this happend that the whole "He Tried To Run Me Over" thing came up. Did you not catch that? They first said that he had a gun, then the supposed witness said that he backed the officer up with a knife, but another cop who was at least 1/2 **** honest said that they couldn't confirm that...Because there was NO KNIFE! This cop shot at Steven 7 or 8 times...****? He just didn't want to look like the ignorant pig that he is for leaving his car running while he tried to arrest someone who was wanted for stealing! What, did the pig think that Steven wouldn't attempt to steal from him? Even if the pig isn't charged with this MURDER...GOD WILL get him and none of you small town folks or the mason **** can get him out of that!
Are you getting your facts from the media or an actual source. If it is the media, that can explain for some of the confussion. Despite popular beleif, everything in the news is not true.
Alchemy

Centerburg, OH

#25 Jun 23, 2009
Tomorrow wrote:
Alchemy, you are ate up with stupidity.
This case has nothing to do with masons.
Good lord.
And you are a typical small town dumbass who actually think they are smart. The reference was made to "outsiders," family members, friends etc. who may want to get to the truth of what happened. And thank you for reminding me that I didnt mention the small town dumbasses that always try to destroy intelligent thought that they cannot comprehend by their loud grunts. Many rural areas within visiting distance from a city think and do many things exactly backwards from that of city people just to rebel because they hate them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 1 hr Pale Rider 151
"Goebbels would be proud"/"Stop Leftist Violence" 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 33
A taste of their own 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 212
News Trial set for former trooper charged with cyber... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1
News Boy critical after being rescued from Northeast... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 5 hr Mark Jizzle 4
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 6 hr Male 209

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages