NBC? America's Fed Up: Obama

NBC? America's Fed Up: Obama

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#1 Aug 11, 2014
Portion of article from NBC

Two words sum up the mood of the nation: Fed up.

Six in 10 Americans are dissatisfied with the state of the U.S. economy, more than 70 percent believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, and nearly 80 percent are down on the country’s political system, according to the latest NBC News / Wall Street Journal poll.

“We’re in the summer of our discontent,” said Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who conducted this survey with Republican pollster Bill McInturff.“Americans are cranky, unhappy… It is with everything going on the world.”

Some of the different examples of signs they’d carry:

“Impeach Obama,” said a female Republican from Ohio.
“Republicans and Congress, do your job,” countered a male Democrat from Kentucky.
“Close the borders,” added a Republican-leaning female from Massachusetts.
“Stop bombing people in Ukraine and Gaza and Israel,” said a male Democrat from Texas.
“Our government needs an overhaul,” said a female independent from Florida.

The discontent’s two main causes

The NBC/WSJ pollsters attribute the wide discontent to the lingering effects of the Great Recession, as well as a loss of faith in the country’s politicians.

See full poll results (.pdf)

Yet because this discontent differs – among Democrats, Republicans, and independents – Hart cautions that Americans still aren't likely to be storming the polls on Election Day in November.

“We’re unhappy, but we aren’t coalescing around an issue,” he said.

Indeed, 57 percent of respondents told pollsters that something upsets them enough to carry a protest sign for a day.

"The public seems have moved beyond the plaintive cry of ‘Feel our pain!’ to the more angry pronouncement of ‘You are causing our pain!’"

And Obama’s favorable/unfavorable rating remains upside down at 40 percent positive, 47 percent negative.

First published August 5th 2014, 6:30 pm
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 11, 2014
Wanna know what I'm fed up with?

I'm fed up with idiotic posters like you.

woof
yeah baby yeah

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 11, 2014
Notice the Marxist media continues to lie and hide the real reasons for the discontent? Among them:
The bankster cartel and the rise of kleptocracy
Nurturing of the parasite class via transfer payments from taxation theft

Up next? Hyper inflation and food shortages. Brace for impact.
Have one to add? Or three?

Pfhuqq the liars in the Marxist media.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#6 Aug 11, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
You are a classic example of a low-information voter and an idiot!
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#7 Aug 11, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
http://www.ibtimes.com/hillary-clinton-critic...
Duke for Mayor

Brecksville, OH

#8 Aug 11, 2014
I'm fed up with myself...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9 Aug 11, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
The really comical thing about that term is that anyone who uses it exposes themselves as a moron who listens to and believes Rush Limbaugh.

woof
Buckeye at Birth

Bristol, IN

#10 Aug 11, 2014
If Obama's Preidency could be compared to a pond,it would be "BIOLOGICALLY DEAD" he's a polluted pond!, and it's dead like his five years creating nothing but uncertainy,and hopelessness...We are weak in the eye's of our enemies,our standing on the world stage is mocked ,things are mounting all over the world ,and the situation here at home is looking just as '"BLEAK".All this President does is either play golf, or goes on a vacation,meanwhile Rome is burning!!......The polls lie,I believe the Nation would love to see Obama be a "MAN" and step down for the sake of the Nation!!........He has failed ,it's time for him to let someone else fix the Nation......
Buckeye at Birth

Bristol, IN

#11 Aug 11, 2014
Ooops Presidency
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 11, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
I laffed. Twice.
Buckeye at Birth

Bristol, IN

#13 Aug 11, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The really comical thing about that term is that anyone who uses it exposes themselves as a moron who listens to and believes Rush Limbaugh.
woof
Why does every "Liberal" radio station have the lowest number of folks that actually listen to their constant lies an bilge?Algore had to sell his radio station because he was the only "FOOL" who believed in what he was trying to convience his listeners to believe ,like he invented the internet!!.....Liberals you just have too "HATE EM" They couldn't tell the truth if they were standeing before the Lord himself!!....
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14 Aug 11, 2014
Buckeye at Birth wrote:
<quoted text> Why does every "Liberal" radio station have the lowest number of folks that actually listen to their constant lies an bilge?
Because "liberals" are listening to NPR while they work. "Conservatives are listening to Rush and Beck while they drink beer on the porch and clean out their toe jam.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Brecksville, OH

#15 Aug 11, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "liberals" are listening to NPR while they work. "Conservatives are listening to Rush and Beck while they drink beer on the porch and clean out their toe jam.
woof
My mistake, liberals don't work and democrats don't listen to NPR.

woof
Casual Observer

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 11, 2014
Liberals vs conservatives, Democrats vs Republicans....I guess the guy couldn't turn us purple after all. Another promise gone by the wayside!

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#17 Aug 12, 2014
I'm fed up too...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 12, 2014
yeah baby yeah wrote:
Up next? Hyper inflation and food shortages. Brace for impact.
...U.S. FARMS SET TO YIELD RECORD CORN, SOY CROPS......FANTASTIC CONDITIONS MEAN BUMPER HARVESTS FOR STAPLE FOODSTUFFS.....Associated Press .(8-9-14).........You were saying?
Buckeye at Birth

Bristol, IN

#19 Aug 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> ...U.S. FARMS SET TO YIELD RECORD CORN, SOY CROPS......FANTASTIC CONDITIONS MEAN BUMPER HARVESTS FOR STAPLE FOODSTUFFS.....Associated Press .(8-9-14).........You were saying?
EBT and Government regulations will cause the farmers to lose!!....Profit is a very "DIRTY" word when you have a Leftist sitting in the WH........Everybody must pay their fair share,according to the Fuhrer.......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#20 Aug 12, 2014
.....Silly BS.......
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#21 Aug 12, 2014
Buckeye at Birth wrote:
<quoted text> EBT and Government regulations will cause the farmers to lose!!....Profit is a very "DIRTY" word when you have a Leftist sitting in the WH........Everybody must pay their fair share,according to the Fuhrer.......
Hey idiot. EBT and government regulations are part of what makes farmers money.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally, Donald Trump Ousted from KKKloset 2 min Let Freedom Ring 15
Republican Politicians have Courted Rascism FOR... 7 min Pope Che Reagan C... 77
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 3 hr Mother Load 102
wow. 50% of Marriages Fail in US 7 hr UTrashy 9
Big Matt 9 hr UTrashy 2
News Columbus renters usually plan to settle down in... 10 hr They cannot kill ... 1
columbus homecoming commitee 10 hr get them out 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages