Columbus, Ohio?

Created by Oliver T2000 on Feb 1, 2013

57 votes

Click on an option to vote

Little city

Big town

Press 1 for English

Going ghetto fast

Self-important and delusional

Fast food capital of the world

PIZZA!! BUCKEYES!!

2nd rate and rinky-dink

Dead year round

Coleman's Kingdom

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#121 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>KC had the NHL and blew it.
Quebec City will get the PHX Coyotes, and then Seattle will either get an expansion team with Hamilton, or the Jackets.

If the CAD improves even more, Saskatoon, Quebec City and Hamilton will all get teams.

Well done Steve!

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#122 Feb 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quebec City will get the PHX Coyotes, and then Seattle will either get an expansion team with Hamilton, or the Jackets.
If the CAD improves even more, Saskatoon, Quebec City and Hamilton will all get teams.
Well done Steve!
No way either large city in Saskatchewan gets a team...not with their relatively low populations in proximity to Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg.
The Jackets can't leave Columbus until 2040. That's set in stone.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#123 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>No way either large city in Saskatchewan gets a team...not with their relatively low populations in proximity to Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg.
The Jackets can't leave Columbus until 2040. That's set in stone.
There may not be a Columbus in 2040
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#124 Feb 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleveland-Akron CSA 2.8 million
Columbus CSA-2 million
Cincinnati CSA- 2.2 million
If we keep declining, you might get yourselves our NBA team.
400-500,000 of Cincinnati's CSA is in Kentucky. Cincinnati's CSA also lumps in More Counties than CMH. In Ohio, TV Market rankings is going to be the more accurate predictor of market size.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#125 Feb 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
400-500,000 of Cincinnati's CSA is in Kentucky. Cincinnati's CSA also lumps in More Counties than CMH. In Ohio, TV Market rankings is going to be the more accurate predictor of market size.
Cleveland 17

Columbus 32

Cincy 34

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Recall that Cleveland many decades ago, was at 5
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#126 Feb 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleveland 17
Columbus 32
Cincy 34
http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets
Recall that Cleveland many decades ago, was at 5
Not completely accurate, but close enough. I would think a lot of people in the outlying Youngstown market counties prefer to watch the Cleveland market stations. Columbus is a fairly accurate representation of who watches the Columbus stations and does business in Columbus. I think Cincy dropped to 35.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#127 Feb 2, 2013
Actually, Zanesville is a one county market. That's about 100,000 people who should be added to Columbus since they only have an NBC affiliate there.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#128 Feb 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not completely accurate, but close enough. I would think a lot of people in the outlying Youngstown market counties prefer to watch the Cleveland market stations. Columbus is a fairly accurate representation of who watches the Columbus stations and does business in Columbus. I think Cincy dropped to 35.
http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/...
Yay, we dropped to 18!
C-Bus 32
Cincy 35
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#129 Feb 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/...
Yay, we dropped to 18!
C-Bus 32
Cincy 35
I think you have to know the lay of the land ... Indy has a smaller MSA than Columbus, yet is/was market 26. I don't know which number is better there.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#130 Feb 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the Maloney health center had problems with the stability of the ground underneath.
The curb-cuts are the money making scheme of some Jewish lawyer in Miami. He had a cottage industry of suing cities based on ADA violations and made hundreds of millions of dollars in class action settlements.
I think that the roof leaked from day one. End result, mildew growing internally. May have had stability problems, however, there were buildings there previously, and I would have thought that they would have done core samples (isn't that the term) prior to building.
The Fartist FK as Karl

Columbus, OH

#131 Feb 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/...
Yay, we dropped to 18!
C-Bus 32
Cincy 35
Stupid is as stuipd duz.. You- Fartist-- youse stupipdtest.....
Where at Is Cleavie

Columbus, OH

#132 Feb 2, 2013
Where at is Cleavbot... I misses his stupid stuff.

Did he get hisself tossed again?

He may be the foulest mouth on Topix.
Gordie Howe Hilliaard

Columbus, OH

#133 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>No way either large city in Saskatchewan gets a team...not with their relatively low populations in proximity to Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg.
The Jackets can't leave Columbus until 2040. That's set in stone.
Your prediction about the NHL is worse that your science fiction prediction about the November election.

Columbus will be without hockey before your pregnant daughter delivers the zombie who will walk the earth dead in your shadow.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#134 Feb 2, 2013
Gordie Howe Hilliaard wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prediction about the NHL is worse that your science fiction prediction about the November election.
Columbus will be without hockey before your pregnant daughter delivers the zombie who will walk the earth dead in your shadow.
Hello, moron...

Blue Jackets OK to stay in Columbus until 2039
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/15681420/b...

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#135 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, moron...
Blue Jackets OK to stay in Columbus until 2039
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/15681420/b...
Facts...that should shut up the leftist...oh wait...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#136 Feb 2, 2013
The Fartist FK as Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stuipd duz.. You- Fartist-- youse stupipdtest.....
And the above is, what? Brilliant? I think not. If you have nothing to say.....don't. You have just completely eliminated yourself from any meaningful discussion here.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#137 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Ever notice how dead it is on federal holidays?
As is Dayton. Much of its employment is connected to WPAFB.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#138 Feb 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
As is Dayton. Much of its employment is connected to WPAFB.
I've never been to the DC area, but since the entire area is dependent on stealing cash from the rest of us and borrowing the rest, I'd imagine it must be dead during the weekends, mainly in the burbs.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#139 Feb 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the roof leaked from day one. End result, mildew growing internally. May have had stability problems, however, there were buildings there previously, and I would have thought that they would have done core samples (isn't that the term) prior to building.
They can core sample till 'the cows come home', as they say. Everytime anyone lays a foot of concrete or asphalt, the water table moves.
If the demo of the previous buildings was done poortly, if the A&E company that won the bid wasn't top notch and the inspectors looked the other way, if the workmanship and material was shoddy, and the inspectors looked the other way, or took a pay-off, problems with the structure will begin rather rapidly.
Unfortunately, in this era, bids are often awarded to companys with political ties or who are minority owned. That spells disaster. Ask bb.
I had forgotten that I worked for a company, shortly, that a city inspector asked for a bribe. The owner called in the police, they set it up with marked bills and wired the manager. Then hid in my office. The guy came in, asked 'Where's Tom?" And as he left I said "Have a nice day." He was cuffed on the sidewalk. Funny the stuff you forget.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#140 Feb 2, 2013
Gordie Howe Hilliaard wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prediction about the NHL is worse that your science fiction prediction about the November election.
Columbus will be without hockey before your pregnant daughter delivers the zombie who will walk the earth dead in your shadow.
Good Lord....the wierdo trolls are crawling out from under rocks tonight, George.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censoring Male. 6 min Male 32
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 18 min Male 79
BLACK lives MATTER 27 min Neutral Party 47
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 35 min Neutral Party 4,824
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 1 hr Reality Speaks 301
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 1 hr White cop 340
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 1 hr White cop 7
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 7 hr Big Papa Tea 40
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:01 am PST

NFL 9:01AM
Browns place safety Tashaun Gipson on injured reserve
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NBC Sports10:00 AM
Browns put Tashaun Gipson on IR
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings