141 - 158 of 158 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#154 Jun 23, 2013
Hi lovely! Very glad to see you. Things have been massively strange since you left. Finished the degree, bought a flat, got married, just started a new job a few weeks ago. Pretty much everything is different!

How have you been?
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#155 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Girls are altar servers these days, punky.
Don't make us take off our belts and strap you silly again. Go pull you pod over your "portfolio."
Typical Americanized crap, I don't see they have altar girls in Vatican City. I'm too old to play the belts and strap you need to stick with the 8 yr old boys.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#156 Jun 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Hi lovely! Very glad to see you. Things have been massively strange since you left. Finished the degree, bought a flat, got married, just started a new job a few weeks ago. Pretty much everything is different!
How have you been?
Wow! Life is great. You sure progressed as planned. Congratulations on degree,marriage, and job!

I'm good, thank you. Still working......

Nothing changes, on Topix.
I'll wait for another LEMON MARK, NOW.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#157 Jun 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say
"Some American Catholics offended by Obama's remarks about segregated schools and housing in Northern Ireland."
There doesn't seem to be much (any?) UK sourced outrage. I'm a news and commentary addict, but would have missed the whole teaset-ready tempest if not for folks here directing me to US based niche commentary.
Your right. Thanks for the correction. And the story should have a photo of Paco in shorts and a wife beater sittin in a lawn chair in the front yard in Hilliard drinkin a Schlitz.

woof

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#158 Jun 23, 2013
Proof that tranp isn't a terribly observant "news and commentary addict":

"So the President of the United States flies half way around the world to inject himself into sectarian politics with a bizarre attack on religious education. Perhaps next week he’ll go to Israel and have a pop at kosher food.“If only we could live in a world where everyone eats pork…”"
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/...

US President undermines Catholic schools after Vatican Prefect praised them

The US President has made an alarming call for an end to Catholic education in Northern Ireland in spite of the fact that Archbishop Gerhard Müller told Scots that Catholic education was 'a critical component of the Church.’

President Barack Obama repeated the oft disproved claim that Catholic education increases division in front of an audience of 2000 young people, including many Catholics, at Belfast’s Waterfront hall when he arrived in the country this morning.

The US politician made the unfounded claim despite a top Vatican official spelling out the undeniable good done by Catholic education in a speech in Glasgow on Saturday and in his homily at Mass on Friday.
http://www.sconews.co.uk/news/29253/us-presid...

Obama Ripped in Irish Parliament

Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#159 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
"So the President of the United States flies half way around the world to inject himself into sectarian politics with a bizarre attack on religious education. Perhaps next week he’ll go to Israel and have a pop at kosher food.“If only we could live in a world where everyone eats pork…”"
The US President has made an alarming call for an end to Catholic education in Northern Ireland in spite of the fact that Archbishop Gerhard Müller told Scots that Catholic education was 'a critical component of the Church.’
President Barack Obama repeated the oft disproved claim that Catholic education increases division in front of an audience of 2000 young people, including many Catholics, at Belfast’s Waterfront hall when he arrived in the country this morning.
The US politician made the unfounded claim despite a top Vatican official spelling out the undeniable good done by Catholic education in a speech in Glasgow on Saturday and in his homily at Mass on Friday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CnJCvKA-oEUXX
Are you really that dense? The man said nothing of the sort. I can't figure out if you are so stupid that you can't read that speech and understand it (a real possibility) or that you are so defensive over your religion that it overrides your intellect (most likely).

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#160 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CnJCvKA-oEUXX
This is rather my point, that aside from some pretty mild mehs from a commentator and a Scottish Catholic news site, there's not much compelling evidence that anyone here is much offended.

It seems to be a US thing, the being taken aback by the speech.

Hilliard, OH

#161 Jun 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that dense? The man said nothing of the sort. I can't figure out if you are so stupid that you can't read that speech and understand it (a real possibility) or that you are so defensive over your religion that it overrides your intellect (most likely).
I see two articles and a video from over there that support my position. They're a hell of a lot more qualified to judge than you, little girl.

Hilliard, OH

#162 Jun 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This is rather my point, that aside from some pretty mild mehs from a commentator and a Scottish Catholic news site, there's not much compelling evidence that anyone here is much offended.
It seems to be a US thing, the being taken aback by the speech.
And for good reason...the speech was aimed at the US audience while cloaked in the alleged problems of Ulster.
As I said before, US presidents make speeches that address their own and/or the US's agendas, no matter where in the world they're speaking. Neither Obama nor this nation have a vested interest in the alleged effects of religious education on Northern Irish unity. Before 1995, it was a different story.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#163 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I see two articles and a video from over there that support my position. They're a hell of a lot more qualified to judge than you, little girl.
No they aren't. They suffer from the same maladies you do.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#164 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>And for good reason...the speech was aimed at the US audience while cloaked in the alleged problems of Ulster.
As I said before, US presidents make speeches that address their own and/or the US's agendas, no matter where in the world they're speaking. Neither Obama nor this nation have a vested interest in the alleged effects of religious education on Northern Irish unity. Before 1995, it was a different story.
Except that there has been a massive reaction to the speech in the UK and specifically N. Ireland. There are masses of written and broadcast reactions to the speech from in country.

Just not negative ones.

I don't think you can claim offense on the behalf of folks out here and then claim that they're not targeted by the same speech you credit them with finding offensive. It seems a rather strange, circular attempt to find some level on which to be outraged.

Hilliard, OH

#165 Jun 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. They suffer from the same maladies you do.
Common sense, intelligence and a belief in God and his Church. Maladies I gladly embrace.

Hilliard, OH

#166 Jun 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there has been a massive reaction to the speech in the UK and specifically N. Ireland. There are masses of written and broadcast reactions to the speech from in country.
Just not negative ones.
I don't think you can claim offense on the behalf of folks out here and then claim that they're not targeted by the same speech you credit them with finding offensive. It seems a rather strange, circular attempt to find some level on which to be outraged.
It's similar to the concept of collateral damage. Surely such an academic heavyweight as you can figure that out.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#167 Jun 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems a rather strange, circular attempt to find some level on which to be outraged.
That's George in a nutshell.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#168 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Common sense, intelligence and a belief in God and his Church. Maladies I gladly embrace.
You have one out of the three.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#169 Jun 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
I can't figure out if you are... so defensive over your religion that it overrides your intellect (most likely).
It doesn't take much.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#170 Jun 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>It's similar to the concept of collateral damage. Surely such an academic heavyweight as you can figure that out.
Have you noticed that every time you show up at a dinner party how quickly that phrase starts getting tossed around like a football in Wisconsin in mid-October?

woof
Big Johnson

Dayton, OH

#171 Jun 23, 2013
RCC needs to segregate the closeted male homosexual priests from the altar boys, pronto.

It would be a good thing too if Obama were to do something similar; separate the closeted male homosexuals in his administration from America's sphincter in Washington DC.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Anonymous of Indy 30,526
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 30 min PaijheSwann 915
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 37 min Sleeping Cell 19
Ohio landlord orders removal of American flag 47 min Patriotic American 1
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 48 min tsheridan 21
WHY Does America Hate Obama so much? 53 min tsheridan 29
WHEN did Obama tell the truth? 1 hr tsheridan 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr get alife 2,292
Where are all the original legacy posters? 6 hr sidekick 114
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search