Obama Calls Catholic Schools "Segrega...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#69 Jun 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading comprehension skills are an embarrassment to the schools charged with educating you. Take a speech writing class. Learn about context, and audience.
He said nothing even close to what you are suggesting.
Your hatred for Mr. Obama interferes with your ability to comprehend a simple, uplifting, positive speech about peace in Northern Ireland, and forces you to confusedly conclude that the subject of the speech is private schooling.
Crazy man, you are.
woof
Like your leftist comrades, you have it arse-backwards.
And as George documented, American Catholics for Religious Freedom agree.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#70 Jun 20, 2013
Douche, let me explain this to you in a way even you can understand...American presidents give speeches that push their agendas...personal, and/or in the interests of American policy, whether delivered overseas or in an Iowa cornfield. Barack Obama and the United States have no vested interest in the now very minor sectarian issues of Northern Ireland, and in fact, should not be lecturing an ally on domestic policy, especially when one is a guest.
Were this 1980 or even 1990, one could understand (although hardly approve) of such a poke into Britain's internal politics as a Democrat president would be playing to an Irish-Catholic voting bloc. But that's not the case today as the Troubles have been over for well over 15 years. This speech was written for the American domestic audience.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#71 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you refused to respond to my post asking you about the years 700 through 1300. Why is that?
Maybe because I only read every tenth post of yours? Seriously, I'd never leave here if I read all of them.

I ignored you, Georgeleh. I suppose you'll have to boil my bunny now.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#72 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
If we read closely, we might see that this is a speech given to folks in Northern Ireland.
Now class, can we think of any special reasons why subjects like division between faiths-especially between these two stated faiths, might be of relevance to Northern Irish communities?
Feel free to use you textbooks or internet resources to complete this exercise. You can work with your study partner if needed.
If you'd shut up for once when you came here and stopped believing only you are right, you might learn something, Ms. Grammar.

"feel free to use you textbooks?"

Now, you certainly haven't learned as well as I have--and I am a product of Catholic parochial schools, grammar marm.

As an aside, whether this speech was given in Ireland or in the US, it's clearly inflammatory.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#73 Jun 20, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because I only read every tenth post of yours? Seriously, I'd never leave here if I read all of them.
I ignored you, Georgeleh. I suppose you'll have to boil my bunny now.
That's a wordy way of saying you were caught in your natural state...stupidity.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#74 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>That's a wordy way of saying you were caught in your natural state...stupidity.
Nope, just saying that I don't pay a whole lot of attention to you but I still embarrass you on a regular basis.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#75 Jun 20, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just saying that I don't pay a whole lot of attention to you but I still embarrass you on a regular basis.
I see two lies in that sentence.
You're easier than a Kardashian.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#76 Jun 21, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd shut up for once when you came here and stopped believing only you are right, you might learn something, Ms. Grammar.
"feel free to use you textbooks?"
Now, you certainly haven't learned as well as I have--and I am a product of Catholic parochial schools, grammar marm.
As an aside, whether this speech was given in Ireland or in the US, it's clearly inflammatory.
As you've clearly read the speech and are aware of the issues on the ground in the area, could you detail how it is offensive?

Or how your comments might be relevant to the issues at hand?

All the folks offended by this seem to be Americans (who seem either blessedly unaware of the N Irish conflict or willing to overlook it to fuel their mock outrage). I'm quite interested in if this outrage is on the behalf of N. Irish Catholics or if it's just self driven.
Larry Kramer

Dayton, OH

#77 Jun 21, 2013
Closet male queers in priestly robes sodomized a lot of boys.

RCC needs a lot more segregation between male queers in robes of authority and boys under their charge.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#79 Jun 21, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone talking? I just hear a buzzing noise, like a fly.
Where's that can of DDT?
Invest in a Wax Vac!
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#80 Jun 21, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> So educated whites voted for him TWICE because they felt guilt? Total BS, you just have to accept the fact that so-called intelligent white men have been screwing up this country with wars, crony capitalism, laws that favor big finance for years. Now that a face that's shades darker than those presidents of the past, is continuing the BS, you guys yell a little louder.
You just don't get it.

Obama is calling for a one world government where the governments control everything and redistribute wealth as occurred in the Old Soviet Union. There is nothing American about this, rather is comes from Karl Marx and Lenin. As China and other nations are headed towards freedom and capitalism, Dictator and President of the World Obama is seeking solutions in Communism and Government control of medicine, schools, food, energy, communications and free speech.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#81 Jun 21, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone talking? I just hear a buzzing noise, like a fly.
Where's that can of DDT?
Look at the Akron pansy run...

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#82 Jun 21, 2013
Larry Kramer wrote:
Closet male queers in priestly robes sodomized a lot of boys.
RCC needs a lot more segregation between male queers in robes of authority and boys under their charge.
Why don't you get a clue?

"Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy or professionals.

Insurers have been assessing the risks since they began offering riders on liability policies in the 1980s. Two of the largest insurers report no higher risks in covering Catholic churches than Protestant denominations.

“It would be incorrect to call it a Catholic problem,” said Church Mutual’s risk control manager, Rick Schaber.“We do not see one denomination above another. It’s equal. It’s also equal among large metropolitan churches and small rural churches.”

Iowa-based Guide One Center for Risk Management, which insures more than 40,000 congregations, also said Catholic churches are not considered a greater risk or charged higher premiums.

“Our claims experience shows this happens evenly across denominations,” said spokeswoman Melanie Stonewall."
http://blogs.denverpost.com/hark/2010/05/25/s...

Now, shall we talk about public school teachers and molestation?
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#83 Jun 21, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Douche, let me explain this to you in a way even you can understand...American presidents give speeches that push their agendas...personal, and/or in the interests of American policy, whether delivered overseas or in an Iowa cornfield. Barack Obama and the United States have no vested interest in the now very minor sectarian issues of Northern Ireland, and in fact, should not be lecturing an ally on domestic policy, especially when one is a guest.
Were this 1980 or even 1990, one could understand (although hardly approve) of such a poke into Britain's internal politics as a Democrat president would be playing to an Irish-Catholic voting bloc. But that's not the case today as the Troubles have been over for well over 15 years. This speech was written for the American domestic audience.
I understand just fine.

Obama went to Ireland and correctly pointed out the inherent dangers involved when racial, religious, or cultural segregation permeates a society to such a degree that it causes division, or is imposed by or approved of by government.

Nowhere has he ever called for the closure of private, religious schools.

You're just a little bit paranoid. If you want something to bitch about, try the NSA.

woof

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#84 Jun 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand just fine.
Obama went to Ireland and correctly pointed out the inherent dangers involved when racial, religious, or cultural segregation permeates a society to such a degree that it causes division, or is imposed by or approved of by government.
You're just a little bit paranoid. If you want something to bitch about, try the NSA.
woof
What part of this flies over your head?

"American presidents give speeches that push their agendas...personal, and/or in the interests of American policy, whether delivered overseas or in an Iowa cornfield. Barack Obama and the United States have no vested interest in the now very minor sectarian issues of Northern Ireland, and in fact, should not be lecturing an ally on domestic policy, especially when one is a guest."

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#86 Jun 21, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's running, bitchboy.
Strolling? Sashaying? Loping? Trotting? Jogging? Sprinting? What ever you choose to call it, you're doing it on your belly.
d pantz

Los Angeles, CA

#87 Jun 21, 2013
People still listen to him? He's a liar. Either that or he's waaayyy dumber than bush was.
d pantz

Los Angeles, CA

#88 Jun 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand just fine.
woof
yet the class warfare politics he uses in his campaigns is ok? You really need to keep working on your partial speech.
d pantz

Los Angeles, CA

#89 Jun 21, 2013
Which by the way was a cruel hoax. We had our taxes raised and the promise was broken. Maybe its big organized anything, religion, government, anything , that is more prone to corruption, not segregation.
d pantz

Los Angeles, CA

#90 Jun 21, 2013
Oh yeah, duke! Did you see the latest economic news? http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/t...
Hey duke shouldn't inflation be adjusted to the epi, just to be fair. I mean we do still use fuel and eat food as americans, don't we? That means inflation is up 10% under obama! Ill post a link to the daily kos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20 illegals and topless LGBTQs arrested at Trum... 14 min Duke for Mayor 5
California rejects John Wayne Day due to commen... 34 min Oliver Canterberr... 17
935000 signatures to boycott Target 58 min They cannot kill ... 89
Free beer for all Trunpsters 1 hr Amy 1
News Free lunches in Columbus schools unwittingly se... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 22
Woman dies after injecting Vaseline into breasts (Mar '14) 1 hr UTrashy 11
Men in the Girls Bathroom 2 hr Male 179
Kasich just doesn't care 3 hr Linda 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages