Comments
61 - 80 of 90 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2013

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're safe. And correct, I might ad.
I believe so!
Lmao
Too damned funny!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange occurrences have happened here....plenty of them.....erie!
Lol
The bitter-sweet I talk about is that I love this house and can feel mom's presence but I feel sad that I have moved her furniture around and couldn't keep it the way it was. My bedroom furniture is too big to fit in the other bedrooms so I had to move hers to a smaller room. I felt guilty.....I know it's silly but that's me. My mom was quiet but strong. She had a few businesses and loved to ballroom dance. Very active lady.
Sigh......
Nothing's strange. Bodies die..souls live on.

My mother used to laugh about how much was in her basement and how it would be my job to clean it out. She'd say, "I'm glad I won't be here after I'm gone." :-) I didn't do anything to her house but remove the perishable food for 18 months. Then my friend said, "Come on. It's time and I'm going to help you." I still left the furniture, dishes, pots and pans, etc. Through three tenants most has slowly been moved over to my basement! I still have a few of her clothes in a drawer here.

My mother and I felt the same about all of that 'stuff.' Nothing in this or anyother house will ever love me back but my husband and my dogs. The memories are meaningful to me, but not the objects themselves. She'd be saying 'get rid of it!' And I do give things away every chance I get to friends and family.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe so!
Lmao
Too damned funny!
You're right again! Brillant woman. I knew I liked you.:-)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very rarely, I watch Pawn Stars. Counting Cars, American Pickers and Fast and Loud are a few good ones. The only game show I watch is Jeopardy.
I was a Pawn Stars and Pickers addict, but not for the last two years or so.

BTW, Rowdy, my love, in another thread you advised me to pick up a skunk to check it's gender! Good thing I didn't blindly follow your instructions. I'd be sleeping alone for a week.

The guy on Fast and Loud looks so much like my former boyfriend, who also owns a body shop, that's it's just wierd to watch. Nice guy, just not 'the one.'

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing's strange. Bodies die..souls live on.
My mother used to laugh about how much was in her basement and how it would be my job to clean it out. She'd say, "I'm glad I won't be here after I'm gone." :-) I didn't do anything to her house but remove the perishable food for 18 months. Then my friend said, "Come on. It's time and I'm going to help you." I still left the furniture, dishes, pots and pans, etc. Through three tenants most has slowly been moved over to my basement! I still have a few of her clothes in a drawer here.
My mother and I felt the same about all of that 'stuff.' Nothing in this or anyother house will ever love me back but my husband and my dogs. The memories are meaningful to me, but not the objects themselves. She'd be saying 'get rid of it!' And I do give things away every chance I get to friends and family.
I gave all my furniture away except my dining room set. I didn't want anything from the marriage years to taint my new home. Lol
My daughter once said to me, " Mom,I hope you're going to clean this attic before you die, because I will throw everything out!" Lmao (she really won't)
Before I moved into my moms house, I had a huge home with a lot of storage space. Here, not as much. What's in the attic is good stuff, and I will just end up giving it all to whoever wants the stuff. I already had the girls over to pick what they want...they're timid but I encourage them to take whatever they want. Some of the chachkies they don't want, collectables, etc.
I think in the spring I will have them over again to get more! Oy.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're safe. And correct, I might ad.
It's always fun when the idiot cavalry arrives.

“Lube me”

Since: Dec 13

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always fun when the idiot cavalry arrives.
^^^^^^^^^^
and of course that would be me and the rest of the Crackron crowd.

“Lube me”

Since: Dec 13

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Che's been in a snit because of the splinters...
Splinters are a pain in the ayse.......Literally

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave all my furniture away except my dining room set. I didn't want anything from the marriage years to taint my new home. Lol
My daughter once said to me, " Mom,I hope you're going to clean this attic before you die, because I will throw everything out!" Lmao (she really won't)
Before I moved into my moms house, I had a huge home with a lot of storage space. Here, not as much. What's in the attic is good stuff, and I will just end up giving it all to whoever wants the stuff. I already had the girls over to pick what they want...they're timid but I encourage them to take whatever they want. Some of the chachkies they don't want, collectables, etc.
I think in the spring I will have them over again to get more! Oy.
I understand getting rid of the ex's shared furniture.

I think you and I need to have one gigantic yard sale! My niece and nephew both like to take mother's things...but they live 800 miles away so not much moves. I do 'gift' them her jewelry and small items. I even gave my nephew one of my dad's racing trophys,(Gasp! That was hard.)
But when it comes to the land, I swear this dirt is in my bones! I feel like I have to save and preserve every rock 'because it was Dad's.' Crazy. When I'm driving, a mile from the house, I still see Dad leaning on the fence, watching the horses.'Course, Dad, the fence and the horses are long gone.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^^^^^^
and of course that would be me and the rest of the Crackron crowd.
Yep...that's you.

woof

“Lube me”

Since: Dec 13

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep...that's you.
woof
When I said Crackron, I was including you and the rest of our trailer park pals too sweetums.

I hope you didn't feel left out.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand getting rid of the ex's shared furniture.
I think you and I need to have one gigantic yard sale! My niece and nephew both like to take mother's things...but they live 800 miles away so not much moves. I do 'gift' them her jewelry and small items. I even gave my nephew one of my dad's racing trophys,(Gasp! That was hard.)
But when it comes to the land, I swear this dirt is in my bones! I feel like I have to save and preserve every rock 'because it was Dad's.' Crazy. When I'm driving, a mile from the house, I still see Dad leaning on the fence, watching the horses.'Course, Dad, the fence and the horses are long gone.
Awwww!
Wonderful memories are all we have and by distributing personal belongings to family members will keep those memories alive for a very long time! I give my grand daughter and grandsons a lot of stuff. The boys, a good part of all my baseball memorabilia, and my granddaughter,jewelry.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww!
Wonderful memories are all we have and by distributing personal belongings to family members will keep those memories alive for a very long time! I give my grand daughter and grandsons a lot of stuff. The boys, a good part of all my baseball memorabilia, and my granddaughter,jewelry.
Those are very lucky boys! And girls. You know what's the worst, Bee? I'll go looking for a piece of jewelry, can't find it and have to call my niece to ask if I've given it to her! LOL That's what my parents would want though, and what I want to do. Gives the piece additional value when you pass it to another generation.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Dec 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Catman Dave wrote:
whats with thee grammer police toonight}}}?
No lives of their own, I suppose. Everybody's got to feel important somewhere!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Dec 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Splinters are a pain in the ayse.......Literally
Need to sand those handles down or..........make their use less abrasive......
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Dec 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're safe. And correct, I might ad.
If you are going to be wrong, go big.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Dec 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave all my furniture away except my dining room set. I didn't want anything from the marriage years to taint my new home. Lol
My daughter once said to me, " Mom,I hope you're going to clean this attic before you die, because I will throw everything out!" Lmao (she really won't)
Before I moved into my moms house, I had a huge home with a lot of storage space. Here, not as much. What's in the attic is good stuff, and I will just end up giving it all to whoever wants the stuff. I already had the girls over to pick what they want...they're timid but I encourage them to take whatever they want. Some of the chachkies they don't want, collectables, etc.
I think in the spring I will have them over again to get more! Oy.
Are you one of those ladies who has one thousand little Figurines setting on tables, stands, and those flimsy tall whatchamacallits? My mom had a living room loaded with that stuff when I was a kid. The rules were never to touch them. Little porcelain figurines and such. I never figured out how she knew I took them down to crash my Hot Wheels cars into them, until I was older. I noticed that a round pattern was made by their base because of a little bit of dust that would be on the stand. Whenever I moved them I didn't know to put them back on that dust free pattern! Lol!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Dec 31, 2013
 
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of those ladies who has one thousand little Figurines setting on tables, stands, and those flimsy tall whatchamacallits? My mom had a living room loaded with that stuff when I was a kid. The rules were never to touch them. Little porcelain figurines and such. I never figured out how she knew I took them down to crash my Hot Wheels cars into them, until I was older. I noticed that a round pattern was made by their base because of a little bit of dust that would be on the stand. Whenever I moved them I didn't know to put them back on that dust free pattern! Lol!
No I am not! That would drive me up the wall, to have all those things out! OY!
Funny story!
Lmao
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Dec 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of those ladies who has one thousand little Figurines setting on tables, stands, and those flimsy tall whatchamacallits? My mom had a living room loaded with that stuff when I was a kid. The rules were never to touch them. Little porcelain figurines and such. I never figured out how she knew I took them down to crash my Hot Wheels cars into them, until I was older. I noticed that a round pattern was made by their base because of a little bit of dust that would be on the stand. Whenever I moved them I didn't know to put them back on that dust free pattern! Lol!
THAT IS SO Hilarious!! We have someone in the family, who shall remain nameless, that hates to dust so she covered every available inch on tabletops, shelves and what knots with "things". You could still see the dust all over them and the little spaces between them but she must have thought we were all blind. Me, I put very few things out unless it is behind glass doors so I can dust quickly, not my favorite thing to do either. WiseAfricanAmerican, hope you don't crash your "grown-up wheels" into things now!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Dec 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChilliGal wrote:
<quoted text> THAT IS SO Hilarious!! We have someone in the family, who shall remain nameless, that hates to dust so she covered every available inch on tabletops, shelves and what knots with "things". You could still see the dust all over them and the little spaces between them but she must have thought we were all blind. Me, I put very few things out unless it is behind glass doors so I can dust quickly, not my favorite thing to do either. WiseAfricanAmerican, hope you don't crash your "grown-up wheels" into things now!
I don't think it would be any fun or economically viable to crash a 30k vehicle into something! Have a happy slush drunk New Years and give your ole man lots of head and screw his brains out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,355
The Sarah Salin Channel 18 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 4
22 People Indicted As Part Of Columbus To Ports... 26 min Collins 3
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 40 min They cannot kill a Spook 63
Do you agree with Eric Holder that criticism of... 46 min They cannot kill a Spook 53
Michael Feldman from - Whad'ya Know?' talks abo... 49 min Big Johnson 1
Trump Says Obama "Biggest Liar I Know" 49 min They cannot kill a Spook 5
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 50 min Concerned Brother 840
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••