“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#22 Dec 28, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> GEEZ, 95 and only in Assisted Living! Hope you got those Genes.
I hope so too! Depends on the quality of life also.
My grandmother and great grandfather both lived to 98.

Have a relaxing evening.
Duke for Mayor

Hilliard, OH

#23 Dec 28, 2013
Does the Price is Right count?

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#24 Dec 28, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Does the Price is Right count?
Lol
That's a game show.
You're so funny!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 Dec 28, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waiting for the countdown to the new year.
2013 has been very stressful for my family. My dad had a stroke and is still in rehab. He is making progress so they extended his rehab another 30 days. Hopefully he can go back to his room in Assisted Living.
Other than that, everything is fine!
Still working and keeping active!
Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he's got one strong will. Went through something similar with my mom, it is very stressful, isn't it?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Lewis Center, OH

#26 Dec 29, 2013
Bizz hope your Dad gets better, agree quality vs. quantity is what matters.

Back on topic...I am addicted to Real Housewives, love when there is a marathon showing on a weekend, don't watch when scheduled. I also like America's next top model, again only in reruns. Oh, any timed cooking show.

In my reality, gokeefe; never know who she is going to throw a five dollar bill at. She is more of a comedy, reality show.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#27 Dec 29, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he's got one strong will. Went through something similar with my mom, it is very stressful, isn't it?
Yes it is stressful. It's hard for me because he lives far and my brother lives few min from him.
Funny thing though......my dad had a girlfriend....that's his motivation.....both 95......if I want to talk to my dad, I have to call the office so they can tell him he has a call. Lol
Too damned funny! But good!
My mom died in 2000 from a stroke. Bleah

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#28 Dec 29, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Bizz hope your Dad gets better, agree quality vs. quantity is what matters.
Back on topic...I am addicted to Real Housewives, love when there is a marathon showing on a weekend, don't watch when scheduled. I also like America's next top model, again only in reruns. Oh, any timed cooking show.
In my reality, gokeefe; never know who she is going to throw a five dollar bill at. She is more of a comedy, reality show.
Hey! How are you?
I never watched Housewives nor the Kardasians.....
Is Andrew Simeon! the chef! a reality show? I like that one. He travels the world eating weird parts and pieces of animals. Lol
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#29 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! How are you?
I never watched Housewives nor the Kardasians.....
Is Andrew Simeon! the chef! a reality show? I like that one. He travels the world eating weird parts and pieces of animals. Lol
Zimmern,

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#30 Dec 29, 2013
^^^ZIMMERN^^^^
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
^^^ZIMMERN^^^^
You're welcome.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#32 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is stressful. It's hard for me because he lives far and my brother lives few min from him.
Funny thing though......my dad had a girlfriend....that's his motivation.....both 95......if I want to talk to my dad, I have to call the office so they can tell him he has a call. Lol
LOL, I think that is what is keeping your dad motivated. I think it's sweet, sounds like he's happy with some companionship.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#33 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waiting for the countdown to the new year.
2013 has been very stressful for my family. My dad had a stroke and is still in rehab. He is making progress so they extended his rehab another 30 days. Hopefully he can go back to his room in Assisted Living.
Other than that, everything is fine!
Still working and keeping active!
I wish the best to you, your dad and your family. Taking care of an aging parent or relative is the best job I've ever had!

Location hidden

#34 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your mom. Lost mine 6 1/2 years ago and still talk to her and LISTEN to her. LOL Very strong woman, my mother.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#35 Dec 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish the best to you, your dad and your family. Taking care of an aging parent or relative is the best job I've ever had!
Thank you.
He seems to be progressing in his rehab, otherwise they never would have given him another 30 days.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 29, 2013
O. K. Reality shows:
Swamp People. Love it. Troy is my hero.
Duck Dynasty. Discovered it early in it's first season and those guys are a riot.
Son of Guns - It's about guns.
Naked and Afraid - Srange fascination I have with it. Seems like the men are the least prepared and helpful most of the time. But it's gotten kind of old for me.
I've never seen 95% of the others. But I will watch House Hunters and the house Flipping shows.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#37 Dec 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your mom. Lost mine 6 1/2 years ago and still talk to her and LISTEN to her. LOL Very strong woman, my mother.
I hear you! I live in her house( mine now)and it's a bitter-sweet experience.
It was so erie when I first moved in.....I could swear I felt the presence of her. Still!
I want to call her to ask her a question...then I stop and know she not here anymore.
She had traits of Northern Italians....blond hair and green eyes. My uncles had blond hair and blue eyes. So handsome.
Miss her......=~{

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#38 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you! I live in her house( mine now)and it's a bitter-sweet experience.
It was so erie when I first moved in.....I could swear I felt the presence of her. Still!
I want to call her to ask her a question...then I stop and know she not here anymore.
She had traits of Northern Italians....blond hair and green eyes. My uncles had blond hair and blue eyes. So handsome.
Miss her......=~{
My younger sister and I have this creepy connection. One of us will contact the other because of some odd coincidence. Last time, I found a few things packed away that mom really enjoyed or a picture we forgot about with her. My sister will tell me she experienced the same thing that day. Almost like mom is still around. Strange, huh? For us, it's not really bittersweet, but more like mom being her gentle self. She wasn't a talkative or overbearing person, but just had a "way" of reminding us of things.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#39 Dec 29, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
My younger sister and I have this creepy connection. One of us will contact the other because of some odd coincidence. Last time, I found a few things packed away that mom really enjoyed or a picture we forgot about with her. My sister will tell me she experienced the same thing that day. Almost like mom is still around. Strange, huh? For us, it's not really bittersweet, but more like mom being her gentle self. She wasn't a talkative or overbearing person, but just had a "way" of reminding us of things.
Strange occurrences have happened here....plenty of them.....erie!
Lol
The bitter-sweet I talk about is that I love this house and can feel mom's presence but I feel sad that I have moved her furniture around and couldn't keep it the way it was. My bedroom furniture is too big to fit in the other bedrooms so I had to move hers to a smaller room. I felt guilty.....I know it's silly but that's me. My mom was quiet but strong. She had a few businesses and loved to ballroom dance. Very active lady.
Sigh......
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#40 Dec 29, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange occurrences have happened here....plenty of them.....erie!
Lol
The bitter-sweet I talk about is that I love this house and can feel mom's presence but I feel sad that I have moved her furniture around and couldn't keep it the way it was. My bedroom furniture is too big to fit in the other bedrooms so I had to move hers to a smaller room. I felt guilty.....I know it's silly but that's me. My mom was quiet but strong. She had a few businesses and loved to ballroom dance. Very active lady.
Sigh......
eerie.

Location hidden

#41 Dec 29, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Don't all mom's? My mother would never forbid me to do anything, but she'd drop some pearl of wisdom that eventually made me figure it out on my own. She was strong and independent, but never loud or overbearing.

That's not a 'creepy' connection, Keefe. Lots of lucky siblings have it.

My housekeeper, who mother loved, and I, often smell mom's perfume. And I swear my older dog sees her! She will still RACE to any elderly woman with white hair. She was on the bed when mom passed.

O.K. We gotta get off this subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti islam protesters in TEXAS 26 min Pope Che Reagan C... 46
Could Columbus schools data scandal sink mayora... 30 min They cannot kill ... 1
Spook....fox report 57 min They cannot kill ... 31
Fugitive treasure hunter nabbed in Florida afte... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Update: dangerous Muslim travels 5 hr Duke for Mayor 61
Review: Moroccan Steam Spa 5 hr Big Johnson 14
Gang leader reportedly dead in officer-involved... 5 hr proud american 3
homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" 9 hr They cannot kill ... 191
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Reality Speaks 5,585
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM