Way to go, Barry!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

#1 Apr 2, 2014
EMPORIA, Kan.(KSNT)– Over a dozen hospital employees in Emporia are out of a job.

The cuts at Newman Regional Health Hospital in Emporia are due to a projected 3.5 million dollar loss this year. Newman Regional Health said in a press release Tuesday, the cuts come from the “Negative financial impacts of The Affordable Care Act.”

Ten full time employees and five part time employees will be laid off permanently. This staff cut is expected to save the hospital one million dollars annually.

“It’s looking into the future, says Newman Regional CEO, Bob Wright.“Knowing that we need to make a profit, having the advantage of critical access getting us most of the way there but having really to do our part as good stewards of our resources to make sure that we’re profitable.”

Newman Regional is a limited in patient and out patient services facility.

Wright says all affected employees have been given a severance package and assistance in finding new jobs.
http://kansasfirstnews.com/2014/04/02/dozens-...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#2 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
EMPORIA, Kan.(KSNT)– Over a dozen hospital employees in Emporia are out of a job.
The cuts at Newman Regional Health Hospital in Emporia are due to a projected 3.5 million dollar loss this year. Newman Regional Health said in a press release Tuesday, the cuts come from the “Negative financial impacts of The Affordable Care Act.”
Ten full time employees and five part time employees will be laid off permanently. This staff cut is expected to save the hospital one million dollars annually.
“It’s looking into the future, says Newman Regional CEO, Bob Wright.“Knowing that we need to make a profit, having the advantage of critical access getting us most of the way there but having really to do our part as good stewards of our resources to make sure that we’re profitable.”
Wright says all affected employees have been given a severance package and assistance in finding new jobs.
A dozen. Oh, the Humanity.

Hilliard, OH

#3 Apr 2, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like someone who has never held a job.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#4 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
Apparently MSNBC will be debunking this story on its programs tonight.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#5 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
Yeah, it's the ACA's fault.

"Based on the financial performance of Newman Regional Health during 2013 and the first two months of 2014, Newman is projected to lose $3.5 million from operations this year. Unfortunately, 2013’s loss continues the financial trend of the past several years at Newman."

http://www.emporiagazette.com/health_care/art...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#6 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like someone who has never held a job.
Why should a hospital be efficient, right?

“Nursing leadership worked as a team to streamline and consolidate administrative functions and balance bed capacity and nurse staffing with the volumes and mix of patients we are now experiencing. By doing this, we were able to maintain existing hospital nurse to patient staffing ratios while taking advantage of recent turnover to achieve our required savings in those areas,” said Julia Pyle, director of patient care at Newman."

http://www.emporiagazette.com/health_care/art...

Much better to be inefficient and just pass costs along to insurance companies and patients. What choice do they have, right?

Hilliard, OH

#7 Apr 2, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THERE's a source to be taken seriously...maybe Chrissy Matthews will get a tingle up his leg over it.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#8 Apr 2, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
No PMS NBC will just make up some lies, have a boot lip make up some bullshit about how they now have a Cadillac plan for just two dollars a month.

Hilliard, OH

#9 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Why should a hospital be efficient, right?
You mean like auto companies that use automation rather than UAW drones, right?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#10 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like auto companies that use automation rather than UAW drones, right?
You say that like it is a new idea.

Hilliard, OH

#11 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
You say that like it is a new idea.
You people have cried about it since Day One.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#12 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>You people have cried about it since Day One.
I have? Huh.

Anyway, you are suddenly against hospitals providing their services more efficiently. That makes sense.
Schmitt

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:

The hospital chose not to expand its Medicare policies, which would help lower income people. So in essence, the hospital had to help more people but the profit margin would be lower. I thought hospitals were supposed to help people. My mistake.

Hilliard, OH

#14 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
I have? Huh.
Anyway, you are suddenly against hospitals providing their services more efficiently. That makes sense.
Patient care isn't assembly line work despite what some say:

The truth about ‘Six Sigma’— it should be called Sick Sigma
http://www.massnurses.org/news-and-events/p/o...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#15 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like someone who has never held a job.
More like someone who thinks of people as mere statistics, to be used when they deem necessary.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#16 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Patient care isn't assembly line work despite what some say:
The truth about ‘Six Sigma’— it should be called Sick Sigma
http://www.massnurses.org/news-and-events/p/o...
It's so funny to watch you go all liberal when one of your posts turns out to be bullshit.

Hilliard, OH

#17 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
It's so funny to watch you go all liberal when one of your posts turns out to be bullshit.
There's nothing "liberal" about hands on floor level patient care. I am the child of a nurse, the husband of a nurse and in a matter of months will be the father of a nurse. That's enabled me to see things from an angle that you never will.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#18 Apr 2, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing "liberal" about hands on floor level patient care. I am the child of a nurse, the husband of a nurse and in a matter of months will be the father of a nurse. That's enabled me to see things from an angle that you never will.
Suddenly, medicine isn't a profit machine anymore for Nate.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
I bet those fired from the Cleveland Clinic that was 7% of the workforce would like to show you some humanity.

Impeachment trial 10 months away.

exciting times ahead.

you going to revolt and riot I hope?

Hilliard, OH

#20 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Suddenly, medicine isn't a profit machine anymore for Nate.
When have I ever taken that position?
Making things up when you're proven wrong simply makes you look even more foolish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drumpf is Presidential? 3 min Duke for Mayor 3
News Why Vote? USHLI mentors Latino groups about vot... 35 min They cannot kill ... 5
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 44 min Duke for Mayor 53
News Sasquatch Watch searches for Bigfoot in W.Va. |... (Oct '09) 46 min Wally werlds 36
katie mcdonald 57 min Denise 13
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 134
Monsanto = Poison = Clinton 2 hr d pants 25
Topix Closes Human Sexuality Forums 10 hr Posting as myself 30

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages